The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
Jeez those stats make for pretty bleak reading. Interesting that Jake and Josh Jackson are in the bottom 3 and Des has coached them both for several seasons.
Jakey has only been following the coaches instructions over the last few seasons and Yes Dessie sure knows how to ruin a players strengths and play predictably... I'm confident with Flanno in charge of the attack that we will see the best of Jake again....

I'd say the proof is in the pudding... look at the scores that were run up against us last year after Jakey broke his hand...
He's worth atleast 12 points + minimum each game with the defence imo.... unfortunately the rest of the pack don't pull their own weight!
We also had some of the biggest score loses with Jake in the team as well feathered friend

We also had some of the biggest score loses with Jake in the team as well feathered friend
Based off 2022 stats for locks - Jake average 36 tackles & 1 missed tackle per game and was only surpassed by Cam Murray (37 tackles per game with 1 miss) I yeo averages 35 and 1 and these guys are the benchmarks...
This would be the off the ball attributes...

Agree he currently hasn't offered as much as those others in attack but again I feel like his game has been severely impacted by Des's dinosaur approach/ instructions

Based off 2022 stats for locks - Jake average 36 tackles & 1 missed tackle per game and was only surpassed by Cam Murray (37 tackles per game with 1 miss) I yeo averages 35 and 1 and these guys are the benchmarks...
This would be the off the ball attributes...

Agree he currently hasn't offered as much as those others in attack but again I feel like his game has been severely impacted by Des's dinosaur approach/ instructions
Lets hope Seibold can bring out the best in Jake and Jake can bring out the best in our Manly pack

Not too sure how the stats were collated for Jake as a 13 . Walker played some big minutes as a sub 13 , Jake to prop and an entirely different role to play then . Pretty obvious jake "s limitations in attack as a lock . undeniable crucial work rate in defence but can manage that just as effectively at prop . If he can produce some top level form at prop at S O O level , he sure can as well on a regular basis at prop for Manly and which of course he has been regularly doing for at least nearly half a game . Need some relatively good and agile attacking ability from a 13 to compete with the better sides , even average sides , As good an asset Jake is in the pack , just are not going to get that important 13 level with jake there for any extended time .

Not too sure how the stats were collated for Jake as a 13 . Walker played some big minutes as a sub 13 , Jake to prop and an entirely different role to play then . Pretty obvious jake "s limitations in attack as a lock . undeniable crucial work rate in defence but can manage that just as effectively at prop . If he can produce some top level form at prop at S O O level , he sure can as well on a regular basis at prop for Manly and which of course he has been regularly doing for at least nearly half a game . Need some relatively good and agile attacking ability from a 13 to compete with the better sides , even average sides , As good an asset Jake is in the pack , just are not going to get that important 13 level with jake there for any extended time .
great point about jake switching position mid game

lawnton seems best suited in my view to be lock or maybe 14 but it seems the lack hooker depth may stop that from being considered

also does flanno see his a a natural 13 or does he see him as a 13 in the current squad

Any Jake bashers clearly have never played the game.
You dont have to play the game to see which pack and its forwards are underperforming

Its not rocket science feathered friend

Manly supporters have seen premiership winning dominating performances and the Benchmark of

Great finals forward packs to make a comparison and evaluation

Personally hoping the more agile Fulton gets a shot at 13 and allows Jake to concentrate on go forward with a few quality offloads, but more to win quick play balls to allow the money men like Turbo and Koula to cash in on generating that momentum so sadly missing through the middle in recent times.
This must also include some quick options at 9 to add a dummy half threat mid halves, which I will be highly suprised if Seibold and Flanno have not already got planned....along with Jake to prop.

Personally hoping the more agile Fulton gets a shot at 13 and allows Jake to concentrate on go forward with a few quality offloads, but more to win quick play balls to allow the money men like Turbo and Koula to cash in on generating that momentum so sadly missing through the middle in recent times.
This must also include some quick options at 9 to add a dummy half threat mid halves, which I will be highly suprised if Seibold and Flanno have not already got planned....along with Jake to prop.
I have a feeling you will find a few surprises for round 1 teams. I think the young hooker Gordon coming through will also feature somewhere druing the year to speed up our ruck.

If we got 160m and 30/30 tackles from all our props we'd be just about unstoppable. Let the backs/edges do the flashy stuff. Jake was gonna get MOM before Cleary went ballistic.
We need to get a 50/50 split of the ball to improve our stats in attack
rucking off your own line with little ball, keeping the opposition defence fresh is a big part of why IMO our forwards undeperform. for some time in lotsof our games our props get replaced after 25 with 4 hitups and 18 tackles. Not every game but all too often for it to be luck

I have a feeling you will find a few surprises for round 1 teams. I think the young hooker Gordon coming through will also feature somewhere druing the year to speed up our ruck.
Agreed - I see Gordon or Roache as that much needed "Zip" out of dummy half in 2023.
Croker will definitely start at 9, with 1 of these blokes coming on at the 25m mark and by seasons end who knows where this will lead ??

Interestingly Roache is not included in team poster, yet Cooper Johns is. That makes 30, which means we only see Roache if/when injury toll justifies his admission.

We need to get a 50/50 split of the ball to improve our stats in attack
rucking off your own line with little ball, keeping the opposition defence fresh is a big part of why IMO our forwards undeperform. for some time in lotsof our games our props get replaced after 25 with 4 hitups and 18 tackles. Not every game but all too often for it to be luck
You can put a lot of our ****ty numbers down to this. General stupid errors like a Marty offload on the second tackle really hurt us

Interestingly Roache is not included in team poster, yet Cooper Johns is. That makes 30, which means we only see Roache if/when injury toll justifies his admission.
I think as Gordy is a development player it might only take one injury to croker for roache to play? We don’t have a lot of hookers in our 30 and with Lawton out it could be him who is fast tracked into the side. I’d imagine they could justify this quite easily.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8