The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Jake T

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
Crap, poor Jake. No man trying harder. Wow I am getting a bad feeling about the last 3 games with him out. This could well get ugly. Gawd come on 2023!!

Fulton should get a go, who cares how he’s going for Blacktown they are a joke, he would step up playing first grade as he did against the Roosters.

We all know he won’t be named though and we’ll get an exciting team like this:

Garrick
Koula
Parker
Harper
Tuipulotu
Foran
DCE
Aloiai
Croker
Taupau
Olakau’atu
Davey
Sipley

Walker
Burbo
Schuster
Paseka/Keppie

Just as well we have lost Tom and Jake when there is now nothing more to seriously lose this season other than a couple of games that will be of little meaning other than pride. Those two along with DCE have been the heart and soul of a struggling Manly side for well over half a decade. Yep they take a lot of our salary cap but we'd be a lot worse off without them. We do have some players who give their all as well like Croker, Garrick, Parker and Foran, but without the three I mention above we'd be struggling to avoid the spoon. Hopefully they'll be back next year ready to give their all and hopefully with the rise of Koula, Schuster, Ola etc we can again compete for a top 8 spot, maybe higher. Long live the Trbojevics

Thought Jakes best game of 2022 season was origin 2, had some sting back in his tackles and ran the footy well, the game plan of our Jake was used in that game is one the coaching staff should look at replicating.

A player with high passion and love for the club, though in my opinion Turbo should be the club captain for 2023.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8