The Jet to take off to a new club in 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bennett couldn't keep him out of trouble in both Brisbane and Sydney.

Then how many clubs have chucked this lad now? South's twice. Penrith. Titans. Brisbane.

I doubt South's are telling the true story here.

At his best sure. But PASS.

I'm just not sure DES can get this one on the straight and narrow when so many others have failed.

It has seemed like he has been in and out of rehab every second week this year.

Speed Kills and this Jimmy Jet doesn't sound like he is far off a crashed landing I'm afraid.

Be interesting to see if any NRL clubs take the gamble.
Be interesting to see if any NRL clubs take the gamble. ....
It is not a matter of if but when he signs for another club and it will be sooner than later feathered friend

Well he hasn't done much of that lately so I'm prepared to take that chance.

There's some folk just dont want to be helped & he's one of them IMO.
What ever he has done lately very few backs have the ability to emulate
If he has the desire to play he will have the desire to be helped IMO

My question is to you feathered friend
How many of those blistering 5 tries did Horhay and co , (Funa , Parker , Hoppa , Garrick and Harper) score this year or have the explosive pace and game breaking ability of the Jet ?
@BOZO I'd prefer not to comapre anything to our 2020 backline cattle.

I realise now why I idolise the Wombat over Snake (internal debate I have had for years), its the powerful toilers and game breakers I prefer of the flashy players which I believe excite you. I love all of our Manly fullbacks and hope Trbo can ecplise Wombat but I need more depth, consistency and longevity for my backs over flash in the pans like Jimmy the Jet.

Clubs are lining up just as soon as news of the Jet being on the open market......
Along with the Knights, the Parramatta Eels and Canterbury Bulldogs have been named as potential destinations for Roberts, with the Eels expecting to be without Michael Jennings after he provided a positive A sample to performance-enhancing substances.

What ever he has done lately very few backs have the ability to emulate
If he has the desire to play he will have the desire to be helped IMO

Sorry mate, I'm an optimist & believe everyone deserves another chance at redemption but the risk is too high for my liking with Roberts.

He has his demons but hasnt seemed to be able to exorcise them for going on 10 years now, which suggests to me he hasn't taken them seriously enough yet.

Clubs are lining up just as soon as news of the Jet being on the open market......
Along with the Knights, the Parramatta Eels and Canterbury Bulldogs have been named as potential destinations for Roberts, with the Eels expecting to be without Michael Jennings after he provided a positive A sample to performance-enhancing substances.

This is the problem - he'll never learn to sort himself out as long as clubs are falling over themselves to sign him up.

@BOZO I'd prefer not to comapre anything to our 2020 backline cattle.

I realise now why I idolise the Wombat over Snake (internal debate I have had for years), its the powerful toilers and game breakers I prefer of the flashy players which I believe excite you. I love all of our Manly fullbacks and hope Trbo can ecplise Wombat but I need more depth, consistency and longevity for my backs over flash in the pans like Jimmy the Jet.
We all have our standards and benchmarks and thank you for sharing your point of view feathered friend

Only way I can see James Roberts ever becoming a successful centre again is if the Melbourne Storm were generous enough to make a spot for him and work their magic

There are already too many younger and better centres than him around now. He really ****ed his career up

and those three clubs aren't desperate....perenial failures the lot of em

You are right . He is too slow for todays game

I just think we have enough guys who can play centre.

We need to replace AFB from either within or going into the market.
We need wingers.
But we also need to rediscover that us against the world mentality.
I want everyone to hate Manly again out of pure envy.
Let's hope we can have a bit of a better run with injuries. Bring on '21.

Sorry mate, I'm an optimist & believe everyone deserves another chance at redemption but the risk is too high for my liking with Roberts.

He has his demons but hasnt seemed to be able to exorcise them for going on 10 years now, which suggests to me he hasn't taken them seriously enough yet.
The risk is also high with having backs in a team that are made to look like turn styles against explosive opposition

Only way I can see James Roberts ever becoming a successful centre again is if the Melbourne Storm were generous enough to make a spot for him and work their magic

There are already too many younger and better centres than him around now. He really ****ed his career up
Yes he has fcked *** up his career
But ...
He also fcked *** up opposition defensive lines along the way
I believe he still got it .You just have to look at that 2019 highlight reel

Rather that & have areas that can be improved on than throw a heap of $$$ at a bloke who could be a disruptive influence at our club.
I believe an incentive on and off the field performance based contract would be the way to sign him . I think that is what the next club will do

Dashing Des does like a redemption story @BOZO. Who knows, u might get your wish yet. Not sure I can see both Walker and the Jet in the same Manly team give the price we have paid for others. Out of interest. If you can only have one of the above centres. Who would ya pick?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4