The jersey debacle: Why did nobody work towards a compromise?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could they have had the 7 players with pink stripes instead of the rainbow?
My thinking is that they would be supporting the women in league and that may be a win win, or worst case, making the best of a bad situation.
Having 7 players sit out is not inclusive and its disappointing how quickly the line was drawn in the sand without any alternative solutions

No, as I have stated, they screwed the pooch in the delivery...
But they would have been a dog of a club if they crab-walked away from their values because of a few disgruntled players with an over-inflated sense of their own self-importance...

I strongly doubt that the people from the Rainbow movement would welcome you as their champion or spokesperson ... your one eyed and belligerent ranting of the past 24 hours would be the exact opposite of the inclusive and acceptance message they are promoting ..

I strongly doubt that the people from the Rainbow movement would welcome you as their champion or spokesperson ... your one eyed and belligerent ranting of the past 24 hours would be the exact opposite of the inclusive and acceptance message they are promoting ..
Haha... I am amused how you have jumped to the other side @Woodsie on this one but, regardless, I just reckon these blokes are absolute dogs for letting their team down... it is a coloured stripe that they have used to put themselves above the club..
religious dogs or not - they are just dogs...

That would be letting the tail wag the dog... and Manly would have rightfully been hammered for it...

...the one, and only, positive that I have taken out of this shebacle is that the club remained committed to its values and was not swayed by the pressure to win at any cost...I am proud of the board and owners (who it seems were not consulted? Dunno about that one...) for remaining steadfast and I trust that they will ensure that the club's values are respected going forward...
Especially given the club may have issues in coming years dealing with a manager of a certain player.Glad they held their ground

Haha... I am amused how you have jumped to the other side @Woodsie on this one but, regardless, I just reckon these blokes are absolute dogs for letting their team down... it is a coloured stripe that they have used to put themselves above the club..
religious dogs or not - they are just dogs...

I haven't jumped to the other side ... I supported Folau's right to hold his obnoxious beliefs ..

I am a simple soul ...

Whilst not a Christian ... I support a Christian's right to his beliefs ..
Whilst not Gay ... I support a Gay's right to be Gay ..

And Dessie, the Club and even Ian Roberts himself have all said blaming or abusing the players for their faith is just plain wrong ...

All except you .. who in the name of inclusion, tolerance and acceptance have been abusing the **** out of good players and good men for 24 hours ...

I haven't jumped to the other side ... I supported Folau's right to hold his obnoxious beliefs ..

I am a simple soul ...

Whilst not a Christian ... I support a Christian's right to his beliefs ..
Whilst not Gay ... I support a Gay's right to be Gay ..

And Dessie, the Club and even Ian Roberts himself have all said blaming or abusing the players for their faith is just plain wrong ...

All except you .. who in the name of inclusion, tolerance and acceptance have been abusing the **** out of good players and good men for 24 hours ...
They are not good men - they are f*cking dogs...

There were 34 ways to deal with this as 'good men' and sitting the game out because they thought they could force the club's hand is not one of them...

Make no mistake, these clowns got together and thought they could use player power to set the agenda and I will almost guarantee that others in the playing group will see them for the entitled pr*cks that they are...

What did you expect Des, the club and the NRL to say?

I have ALWAYS said everyone has the right to be religious (even if I think it's a crock of ****) but that does not mean you have the right to try to hold our club to ransom over a f*cking rainbow stripe because you are placing your own values into the jersey this week (but not every other week when there is gambling and alcohol on it)...

I believe the Manly club requested to the NRL for the 7 players to wear the normal Manly strip and the others to wear the rainbow colours.
As everyone knows, they are pretty similar and nobody would mix them up with Roosters jersey.

The NRL said no as it is against NRL protocol's.

I believe the Manly club requested to the NRL for the 7 players to wear the normal Manly strip and the others to wear the rainbow colours.
As everyone knows, they are pretty similar and nobody would mix them up with Roosters jersey.

The NRL said no as it is against NRL protocol's.
Where did you hear this XV-1? I have heard it said a couple of times now but have yet to see a media report on it

I think the best/easiest outcome for all involved (except for MWRLFC) was for the club to be blamed for it under the guise of not consulting the players first.

It took the heat off the NRL, especially when PVL showed his support for it & talked about a potential Pride round.

It took the microscope off the objecting players, because the blanket excuse of "religious beliefs" was used & barely questioned.

The issue has now become the lack of effective management at the club.

They are not good men - they are f*cking dogs...

There were 34 ways to deal with this as 'good men' and sitting the game out because they thought they could force the club's hand is not one of them...

Make no mistake, these clowns got together and thought they could use player power to set the agenda and I will almost guarantee that others in the playing group will see them for the entitled pr*cks that they are...

What did you expect Des, the club and the NRL to say?

I have ALWAYS said everyone has the right to be religious (even if I think it's a crock of ****) but that does not mean you have the right to try to hold our club to ransom over a f*cking rainbow stripe because you are placing your own values into the jersey this week (but not every other week when there is gambling and alcohol on it)...
Franky baby being intolerant of perceived intolerance ( like calling the players dogs for their stance) appears to be hypocritical mate. Kind of like the whole cancel culture phenomenon…. It seems intolerance is contagious…..even the sanctimonious idealists are not immune…
Thank goodness people like Ian Roberts are immune to the intolerance BS saga. Legend Player, legend person and as someone else said not the greatest actor but no one is perfect 🤩

Franky baby being intolerant of perceived intolerance ( like calling the players dogs for their stance) appears to be hypocritical mate. Kind of like the whole cancel culture phenomenon…. It seems intolerance is contagious…..even the sanctimonious idealists are not immune…
Thank goodness people like Ian Roberts are immune to the intolerance BS saga. Legend Player, legend person and as someone else said not the greatest actor but no one is perfect 🤩
True take RP... but this is bigotry masquerading as religion in my view...
POINTSBET on their chest... no worries... rainbow... no play... imo this is a power play by these muppets...

There were other ways to make their religiously held beliefs clear without refusing to play (as demonstrated by all other parties since, there are ways to speak publicly on sensitive matters without offending) and I have lost all respect for this group...

True take RP... but this is bigotry masquerading as religion in my view...
POINTSBET on their chest... no worries... rainbow... no play... imo this is a power play by these muppets...

There were other ways to make their religiously held beliefs clear without refusing to play (as demonstrated by all other parties since, there are ways to speak publicly on sensitive matters without offending) and I have lost all respect for this group...
Fair enough, it’s your view and your journey…..let’s hope we can soon get back to all talking footy minus the political stuff….

Where’s the mods around here? Absolutely disgusting dribble coming out of Frank Stokes mouth. You sir must live a very sad and miserable life, trying to bring down great young men and players of our club for having beliefs.
I sincerely hope you get yourself out of the dark place you are in. Negative man, you are not okay.

Agree plenty could have been done, starting with the NRL allowing a small concession with the 7 players wearing the normal jersey or a pink stripe as previously suggested.

Really do have to ask myself, if this was another club, say Souths, Roosters Squeels, would the NRL have allowed a simple solution such as the letting players play with the normal strip or provided more assistance?

Never know the answer but on recent history can't rule it out either.

Where’s the mods around here? Absolutely disgusting dribble coming out of Frank Stokes mouth. You sir must live a very sad and miserable life, trying to bring down great young men and players of our club for having beliefs.
I sincerely hope you get yourself out of the dark place you are in. Negative man, you are not okay.
What are their beliefs that prevent them from wearing the jersey?

That would be letting the tail wag the dog... and Manly would have rightfully been hammered for it...

...the one, and only, positive that I have taken out of this shebacle is that the club remained committed to its values and was not swayed by the pressure to win at any cost...I am proud of the board and owners (who it seems were not consulted? Dunno about that one...) for remaining steadfast and I trust that they will ensure that the club's values are respected going forward...
You must be deadset kidding. Letting the tail wag the dog. In case you missed it , it was women in league round. But it was hijacked by the pride movement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8