The Jerker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So The Lurker has missed the memo that Barrett has already extended? Little behind the times. Unless he's talking 2021 already ! Hahaha

Obviously doesn't like Manly. Gives several teams the thumbs up but of Manly he carries on about Barrett unsigned, when he apparently is, that Turbo will be injured, like how does he know that, and that Walker wont come back anywhere near as good. Where does this guy get off and how long has he been Politis in disguise. His top 8 is almost laughable.

1. With James Tedesco and Cooper Cronk on fire, the Roosters start the season as the team to beat.
I wouldnt be so sure. Combinations anyone? It wouldnt surprise me if it takes them 3 months to get their new combos satisfactory.

2. Souths welcome back GI but the superstar fails to make a major impact as Bunnies struggle under new coach Anthony Seibold.
Duh

3. Matt Moylan is loving life at the Sharks, excelling at fullback. The 2016 premiers look reinvigorated and ready to challenge for the crown again.
Agree. Can see Moylan flourishing at the Sharks. Hang on, whos going to be their 5/8? Thats key also

4. Drama at Manly as they continue to hold off on Trent Barrett's contract extension. Injury to Tommy Turbo doesn't help and Dylan Walker not quite the same player after serious leg injury.
Lol you idiot

5. Dean Pay is reminded it’s 2018 – not 1995 – as his attempted re-brand of the Bulldogs fails to reignite the club. To make matters worse, Kieran Foran again breaks down.
Duh & duh. The Foz is injury prone and aint what he once was

6. Josh Reynolds loving life and killing it at Wests Tigers, helping them reach the top eight.
Agree. Can see Reynolds going well and Ivan Cleary guiding them close to the 8.

There will be big, big drama for one club as salary cap cheating is aired in public.
Duh, the system employed by the NRL is a joke and allows for cheating, there will always be teams being caught

8. Stephen Kearney is sacked as Warriors coach mid-season and replaced by Michael Maguire.
Duh

9. Brisbane not the same side as they struggle to cope with the reduction in Thursday and Friday night games. Lol first world problems

10. New coach - and no more north coast camps - but same old result as Brad Fittler presides over NSW's 2-1 series loss to Queensland.
A NSW victory wouldnt surprise, provided a few players with real heart are selected (ie not Dugan, Ferguson, Hayne)

11. The top eight finishes: Roosters, Nth Qld, Cronulla, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Parramatta, Wests Tigers. Lol righto Nostradamus

12. Tedesco wins Clive Churchill Medal as Roosters overcome Cowboys to win the competition. Storm make it to the second week of the finals.
I think the Lurker is actually Shayne Hayne

Don't honesty give a f*ck what this knob head thinks.
What I am cool about though is Baz's calmness about the 5/8 spot.
I doubt I'd feel the same if this d*ckhead was the coach.

In the infinite existence of the internet....he's still a waste of space!

edit: I agree that predicting an injury to a player by someone in 'the public eye' is poor form.

Someone with a lot of time on their hands (probably one of the other mods) should keep a list of sports 'journos' rumours and their percentage of finally getting something right.

1. With James Tedesco and Cooper Cronk on fire, the Roosters start the season as the team to beat.
I wouldnt be so sure. Combinations anyone? It wouldnt surprise me if it takes them 3 months to get their new combos satisfactory.

10. New coach - and no more north coast camps - but same old result as Brad Fittler presides over NSW's 2-1 series loss to Queensland.
A NSW victory wouldnt surprise, provided a few players with real heart are selected (ie not Dugan, Ferguson, Hayne)

12. Tedesco wins Clive Churchill Medal as Roosters overcome Cowboys to win the competition. Storm make it to the second week of the finals.
I think the Lurker is actually Shayne Hayne

1 - I think you're right there. Everyone is expecting Tedesco and Cronk to walk in and suddenly be playing with everyone like they have all been in the same team since the juniors. Rarely happens like that. The Chooks have for so long had Pearce as their mainstay, while Cronk has rarely played a senior game, club or rep, without Smith at hooker and Slater at the back. And like Manly.....who is going to be their first choice goal kicker now that Gordon is gone?

2 - Origin is going to be better for NSW than some think, especially with Qld's old guard gradually leaving the scene. Slater and Cronk announced their rep retirement after the World Cup Final, and didn't Thurston do the same after his injury in Origin 2 this year?

3 - Again, back to the Tedesco / Cronk thing and because of it almost every so-called expert has the Chooks as favourites. I don't see it myself. And as for the Cows, sure they'll get back Thurston and Scott.....but while their form in the Finals was very good, lets not forget that they only made the Finals in the first place because St Merge choked. Before the Finals they lost 5 of their last 6 games. I'm not so sure they are the specials some think they are.

What is not appreciated about the Cronk-Tedesko combination is that Cronk is now 34 years old. He may have been an outstanding half in the past, but even last year his figures were significantly inferior of DCEs. I think Tedesko is a good buy, but Cronk is yesterdays hero and I suspect inferior now at club level to Pearce. And he's at that age far more likely to suffer injury than Turbo. And I suspect Turbo will pass Tedesko as the best full back in the game this coming year.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by City Ford. See City Ford for all your brown paper bag and TPA needs.
Sporting News ....

POLITIS "WE RUN OUR SALARY CAP BETTER THAN MOST CLUBS "

Plenty of question marks have been raised over the Roosters' salary cap after they announced their third marquee signing in less than 12 months.
But Roosters boss Nick Politis is adamant the club has done nothing illegal, arguing they are simply better at managing their funds and investing in the right talent than their rivals.

We run our salary cap better than most clubs. We don't back-end contracts, we don't put in ratchet clauses that stymie some clubs,'' Politis told The Sydney Morning Herald.

''We don't have many third-party agreements. We make some hard calls. We don't always get it right but we correct them quickly.''

In the process of adding James Tedesco, Cooper Cronk and most recently Angus Crichton - who all reportedly sit on million dollar salaries - the Tricolours have seen nine players depart Bondi in the past year.

Mitchell Pearce's switch to Newcastle freed up a heap of cash to play with, while the increased salary cap to $9.4 million left some spare money in the kitty.

Crichton is suggested to be on seven figures, but Politis rubbished the reports and claimed their newest signing is bagging $700,000 a year - a bit over what the Rabbitohs put on the table.

The latest criticism is nothing new to the cashed-up chairman
36f20c6bf1f9e323e8958866c919a34b.jpg

Look I feel very sorry for the Roosters and Politis being suspected of fiddling their figures to get the best talent, and that they are just better money managers. Reminds me of a scene in one of the Pink Panther movies where Clouseau is being challenged in court regarding his wife being able to afford expensive clothing and jewellery on a police officer's wage. His response was she was just very careful how she spent the house keeping money.

Back in Arkos days when we were $ilvertail KING$s every clubs was whinging about us . Its called the tall poppy syndrome .
Don't be a whinger
Be $mart

Difference is @BOZO that back in the Arko days.....there was no such thing as a salary cap so it didn't matter how much the players were paid in that sense. I mean, theoretically a club could have bought the entire Aussie test team if they had the money.
I agree but I believe Arko would be $mart enough not to get caught with a brown paper bag over his head

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6