The Independent Commission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey said:
eagles2win said:
Maybe pull a quick one and get John O'Neill.
About to walk away the ARU again

Have you watched Australia rugby union lately? Terrible game and O'Neill has played a big part of by retaining Deans before the world cup for another 2 years

O'Neill is overrated big time.

I meant using him for his contacts in big business

OneEyedEagle said:
StuBoot said:
OneEyedEagle said:
StuBoot said:
They should go all out for Cochrane, the outgoing V8 Supercars boss.
Look where he's taken that sport from to where it is now.

No thanks, V8SC hardly gets televised live and AFL takes priority.

No to Cochrane he is up there with Gallop in my books, useless piece of shiite.

Really? It's was a sport that was on it's knees with a blue singlet mullet headed audience watching half arsed hotted up Falcons & Commodores. Global brands like Vodafone, Jim Beam and Jack Daniels don't throw their money at things that don't have some sort of audience. Events like Gold Coast, Clipsal Adelaide, Sydney 500 that pull over 150,000 punters and six hours of TV not to mention Bathurst as an event shouldn't be dismissed lightly. Mercedes & Nissan want to join their little party too.
Yep, he's useless.
Of the names tossed up AND available, who do you think?

This is the same guy you are talking about that took the different manufactures and class of cars out of the sport in the first place and created the bogan Ford Vs Holden culture in the first place. That's right your talking about the Tony Cochrane that has taken the sport to countries in the middle east where they have no interest in the sport what so ever. This is the same guy that signed off on agreements delaying the TV broadcast until later in the day. He really looked after the supporters of the series :s

I travel to a minimum of 6 or 7 V8Supercar events per year, yes I drive to Darwin, Perth, SA, QLD and Victoria to watch these beast go around. Bathurst this year may have been a success but overall and especially this year I have noticed spectator numbers being down overall.

Ask most of the V8 Supporters what they really think of him and how glad they are he is leaving the sport.

Cochrane has done absolutely nothing for Australian motor sport apart from bleeding it dry. What he has done, is add to the ever increasing money pit that supercars has become. He knows nothing about motor racing and will admit that. He knows jack shiite about the core business which just happens to be motor racing.

Do you still think he is the right person to lead the NRL.

Good riddance cockroach Cochrane. Without this clown and the right chairman in place it's happy days.

I can't say who should be the head of the NRL but I do know who shouldn't get the gig.

Okey Dokey, just call me Sgt Shultz.
I know nuuuuthing, nuuuthing!

Just like Gallop, most didn't like him either but most will say the sport is healthier and richer than when he started and most should agree that that's the bottom line.

StuBoot said:
OneEyedEagle said:
StuBoot said:
OneEyedEagle said:
StuBoot said:
They should go all out for Cochrane, the outgoing V8 Supercars boss.
Look where he's taken that sport from to where it is now.

No thanks, V8SC hardly gets televised live and AFL takes priority.

No to Cochrane he is up there with Gallop in my books, useless piece of shiite.

Okey Dokey, just call me Sgt Shultz.
I know nuuuuthing, nuuuthing!

Just like Gallop, most didn't like him either but most will say the sport is healthier and richer than when he started and most should agree that that's the bottom line.

Nothing personal stuboot we are all entitled to our own personal opinion it makes for healthy debate.

Final word from me as I feel we are going off topic.

The only person that got richer in V8's is Cochran, all the teams are struggling financially and there is only one standout team being triple 8 that seem to dominate, the other 2 factory teams HRT and FPR to a lesser degree are struggling to keep up with 888 racing.

As to who could step into the reins, I would love to see Arko or John Quayle back as I thought they did a good job of the game before Murdoch put his grubby hands on it but both are to old now. I think even Bruce Baird would be good but is retired.

Andrew Demetriou has done a lot for AFL but doubt he would jump ship. Only other person that come to mind and that I would think would be good for the NRL would be Sandy Hollway (former CEO of SOCOG)

All good OneEyedEagle, you seem to be across the V8's and its machinations more than me, so will stand corrected.
From an outsiders point of view it all seems good in V8's but obviously that's not the case - so he's more of an entrepeneur and (self) promoter more than a CEO.
Let me have a re-think.

Just to stay off topic...

I can't find a lot of people who think cochrane has done anything for the grass roots of motor racing.

globaleagle said:

I can't find a lot of people who think cochrane has done anything for the grass roots of motor racing.

I might be wrong ( again ) but I don't think that was his job.
As far as I know he's the boss of V8 Supercars not the rest of motor racing in Australia. Is there still such an entity as the ARDC?

StuBoot said:
globaleagle said:

I might be wrong ( again ) but I don't think that was his job.
As far as I know he's the boss of V8 Supercars not the rest of motor racing in Australia. Is there still such an entity as the ARDC?

Two wrings don't make a rite! or something like that.

Their complaints on the main was that all the money got sucked outta it and none put back in. May not have been his job may have been ....

I'm swerving way into something I know little about and deep into the abyss of ignorance.

Twistie anyone?

globaleagle said:

Just like you won't find anyone who think O'Neill has done anything for grassroots rugby either

I'm swerving way into something I know little about and deep into the abyss of ignorance.

Twistie anyone?
[/quote]

Me too!!

Chicken please

LETS GO OFF THREAD AGIAN......teh new commission have achieved nothing more than getting rid of gallop...Which is good, but not without a plan A, B or C.....channel 9 could fall over any day...what then happens to the clubs that have already dipped into the kitty(every club).

Chanel 9 fall over 7 and 10 pick it up for peanuts.....Great for who????no body.....I doubt 9's ability to front up with the cash. Lachlan and James are just sitting back waiting to swoop, with cash in hand

ARDC still does exist but not for major events only minor events

http://www.ardc.com.au/events

I don't why the independent commission is taking so long, they have had plenty of time to find someone

Kiwi Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:
Just heard on the news Ian Robson who I think owned or was involved at the warriors

He was the initial CEO of the Warriors, massive, massive failure

Great talker, promised the world and was convincing in doing so, but failed to deliver it

I don't think its that Ian Robson they are talking about it. The Ian Robson recently linked is the current CEO of Essendon in the AFL and former CEO of the Hawks.

Masked Eagle said:
I don't think its that Ian Robson they are talking about it. The Ian Robson recently linked is the current CEO of Essendon in the AFL and former CEO of the Hawks.

And he's Jeff Robson's cousin.

Not really. I just made that up.

Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:
Just heard on the news Ian Robson who I think owned or was involved at the warriors

Great talker, promised the world and was convincing in doing so, but failed to deliver it

ME I'm pretty sure it's the same dude perhaps KE can confirm.

Sheikheagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:

SE, KE can confirm for ME or BE could know too. cheers GE.

Sheikheagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Sheikheagle said:

No idea at all, haven't heard anything of the bloke since the mid-late 90s

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7