The Hoppa Poll . Change vote option activated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If you had to meet Hoppa's management tomorrow ... Would you

• Honour the $250k offer ..

• Reduce offer to $150k ..

• Offer a development contract only ..

• Let him go ...

• Increase the offer to over the $250k

Results are only viewable after voting.
If he had a contract it would be all over John's illiterate instagram account.
I doubt he has signed.

My view .... As a local junior, and given his outstanding junior performances, and taking in to account his lack of fitness, experience and injuries ... he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt, and should be offered a development contract ...

This of course is dependent on his attitude and commitment .... and only the coaching staff are in a position to assess that ...

I would rather pinch another junior winger from another club who has more speed and height and develop them . Hopper lacks the speed and the height of todays classic winger

Have had to re appraise my rating of him based on recent efforts . Obviously has ability but just seems so apprehensive with his on field outlook . Gave him the benefit of the doubt with Brimson "s run away try with the ref partly [ maybe ] affecting or blocking his tackling effort but subsequent defensive efforts , very ordinary and not i st grade standard . Even 250 k seems a bit excessive right now , no doubt can improve , not too sure what it is going to take and considering that he was also being looked at as a back up full back . Maybe 250 k to retain him if he is interested in staying , but on the upper limit with his current form , not too sure if any other clubs would be falling over themselves to recruit him on any more money either . .

Have had to re appraise my rating of him based on recent efforts . Obviously has ability but just seems so apprehensive with his on field outlook . Gave him the benefit of the doubt with Brimson "s run away try with the ref partly [ maybe ] affecting or blocking his tackling effort but subsequent defensive efforts , very ordinary and not i st grade standard . Even 250 k seems a bit excessive right now , no doubt can improve , not too sure what it is going to take and considering that he was also being looked at as a back up full back . Maybe 250 k to retain him if he is interested in staying , but on the upper limit with his current form , not too sure if any other clubs would be falling over themselves to recruit him on any more money either . .

Yes I agree doubt any if the other 15 would be calling up his manager based on what they’ve seen, I still think he has potential but it would be the minimum wage IMO.

He hasn't been a standout, but I'm not sure what a winger in a team that is playing inconsistent unstructured footy is supposed to do. How do you shine under those circumstances ? I tend to agree that his workrate and attitude seem to be lacking a bit, but you've got to cut him some slack as he is basically a kid who has had a lot of pressure put on him from family and the media. Not everyone at that age can deal with that.

I'd be happy to keep him, but not on $250K a year based on efforts this season. I think it's a given that he will go where the money is, let's hope Manly don't get sucked into paying overs. We are obviously clearing the decks to free up some cap space, let's not blow it all on Hoppa when there are other more important issues that need fixing.

He dead set walked instead of chasing the Titans winger after the intercept.
Compare that effort to Turbo and Funa from the other wing, who ended up saving a certain try.

The youth brigade were meant to bring effort, and a better attitude.....not so with young Hoppa.

I wouldn't be picking him next week, on principle alone.
100 per cent agree, that lack of effort astounded me

He hasn't been a standout, but I'm not sure what a winger in a team that is playing inconsistent unstructured footy is supposed to do. How do you shine under those circumstances ? I tend to agree that his workrate and attitude seem to be lacking a bit, but you've got to cut him some slack as he is basically a kid who has had a lot of pressure put on him from family and the media. Not everyone at that age can deal with that.

I'd be happy to keep him, but not on $250K a year based on efforts this season. I think it's a given that he will go where the money is, let's hope Manly don't get sucked into paying overs. We are obviously clearing the decks to free up some cap space, let's not blow it all on Hoppa when there are other more important issues that need fixing.
Compare him with Miski. Abbas was on for 10 mins or so and went looking for the ball, took some tough runs in traffic.

Compare him with Miski. Abbas was on for 10 mins or so and went looking for the ball, took some tough runs in traffic.
Titans Game stats
Hoppa 10 runs for 91 metres Errors Nil
Funa 10 runs for 70 metres Errors 2 dropped bombs
Miski off the bench 5 runs for 34 metres Errors Nil

Titans Game stats
Hoppa 10 runs for 91 metres Errors Nil
Funa 10 runs for 70 metres Errors 2 dropped bombs
Miski off the bench 5 runs for 34 metres Errors Nil
I think it is his defence that is of more concern

Up date on Data analysis and conclusions drawn ...

51% of people are too nice for their own good ..
16% of people are pretty realistic judges ..
11% of people are recruiting savants ..
17% of people are just mean ...
and 3% of people just like to take the piss ...

Up date on Data analysis and conclusions drawn ...

51% of people are too nice for their own good ..
16% of people are pretty realistic judges ..
11% of people are recruiting savants ..
17% of people are just mean ...
and 3% of people just like to take the piss ...
Good on you @Woodsie . We need something like that to make us laugh after crying all day yesterday from that traumatic loss to the Titans :)

Hope people remember he's 19, coming off major injury, playing against men, and has but 4 games under his belt. Would love to see him by the end of next season, and with a full off season fit & healthy with the first grade squad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4