The haves and the have nots

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The reality is that the competition is there for the Broncos to win it every year, when you consider their supporter backing, accessibility to a junior base statewide, favoured by players as cost of living is substantially cheaper than Sydney, and network of a substantial potential TPA base.
But somehow with this great advantage, they fall short when it really counts, sure they won four premierships between 92-2000, however they had virtually the QLD team then, so in actual fact they have been underachievers of late

Last edited:
In another coup one of Queensland’s richest men ( Clive Burghofer) has just donated 3 million dollars to the Donkeys to upgrade their ( already world class ) training facilities.

Yes indeed the haves and the have nots!

Look at this way: for much of the post-Superleague era, M-W supporters have learnt or re-learnt (depending on your age) what it felt like for the supporters of most other clubs, who naturally thought we were one of ‘haves.’

Despite that, we have still enjoyed considerable success.

A great man once said (or sung) of to have and to have not:

Just because you're going forwards
Doesn't mean I'm going backwards

Also quite fitting for a club like ours:

But I've come to see in the Land of the Free
There's only a future for the Chosen Few...

Look at this way: for much of the post-Superleague era, M-W supporters have learnt or re-learnt (depending on your age) what it felt like for the supporters of most other clubs, who naturally thought we were one of ‘haves.’

Despite that, we have still enjoyed considerable success.
Possibly, but I don’t buy it. The so called cheque book years of pillaging wests didn’t give us a premiership.

In the general sense Manly just did what any ambitious sporting club would do with the purchasing power that they did have for a couple of decades or so and should not have any misgivings about this , Inclusive also of some excellent results but mainly always very competitive. All that we mainly seem to hear about the very strong St George teams of the fifties and sixties is how great they were . but their unfair monopoly and advantages was much more pronounced then any of the Manly successful era "s . Maybe some disparities and imbalances now but all are still passing phases . Bronco"s remain the most advantaged club in the modern era but with probably the worst relative playing titles record to show for it and i emphatically hope that it continues . Post super league and over all , Manly can still be very pleased with their record and titles and despite some initial have not seasons and experiences .

A great man once said (or sung) of to have and to have not:

Just because you're going forwards
Doesn't mean I'm going backwards

Also quite fitting for a club like ours:

But I've come to see in the Land of the Free
There's only a future for the Chosen Few...
Billy Bragg ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8