The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The moral of the story was

We signed an Injured player that wont be on the field for Manly till round 4 to 8
and Souths will have a fit and fiery Keppie with plenty to prove to their advantage
Bozo, you are building up Keepie to be something he's not. He'll probably come off the bench like he did with us. Anyway, good luck to him..

Bozo, you are building up Keepie to be something he's not. He'll probably come off the bench like he did with us. Anyway, good luck to him..

A bird in the hand for 8 NRL rounds is better than an injured Lodge in the bush
We all know what Keppie is capable of and Demetriou may find the Key that unlocks Keppies consistency feathered friend

We all know what Keppie is capable of and Demetriou may find the Key that unlocks Keppies consistency feathered friend
Got a feeling the deranged Demitripoo will probably lose Keepie's key anyway, we'll see.

Love the guy and am glad he has been re-signed.

8 years at 900k - probably a fair market rate.
Not a hometown discount but not a clear overpay either.
Let's not forget an average first grader is on around 500k these days.

Probably not his style tho rj90, he seems to build up power of a standing start and likes to fend and grapple his way through would be tacklers and looks for the killer offload ala Koula etc. Although, no doubt he'll be looking to other variables to get the maximin out of himself with the ball in hand.
AFB is of the same mould. They look like they are ambling up to the line then use late footwork with a late surge from the legs to hit a 1/2 gap, they catch the defenders unawares, then their upper body strength and delicate hands come into play. They will never be Liam Martin type cannon balls.

Not sure what his anticipated return time is , heard quite early in the season which should be encouraging .
If you are suggesting that he may be injury prone again , well let"s hope not
What is he , 28 or in that vicinity so again hopefully can play some really good footy for Manly for a while yet and stay largely injury free
No, only about his return date, as I thought I had heard back half of the season.

Yeah greeting mate, Keppie has got a high error rate and prone to some poor defensive decisions on goalline, along with silly penalties.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
No, only about his return date, as I thought I had heard back half of the season.
Go back 30 years, an ACL surgery was career ending. 20 years ago players made it back but were never the same. 10 years ago it was a 12 month + recovery. These days athletes can return to play in 6-9 months.

Go back 30 years, an ACL surgery was career ending. 20 years ago players made it back but were never the same. 10 years ago it was a 12 month + recovery. These days athletes can return to play in 6-9 months.

Agreed on everything except the 30 years. Its more like 50+. Surgeons in the 1980s like Dr Merv Cross became renowned for ACL repairs in high profile footballers that saw them return to the field often well inside of 12 months.

The moral of the story was

We signed an Injured player that wont be on the field for Manly till round 4 to 8
and Souths will have a fit and fiery Keppie with plenty to prove to their advantage
What if the moral ends up being that Lodge plays in a mighty grand final winning side and Keppie goes on Mad Monday? Will the moral remain the same? It sounds like you’ve written the ending to this story before it’s happened.

Agreed on everything except the 30 years. Its more like 50+. Surgeons in the 1980s like Dr Merv Cross became renowned for ACL repairs in high profile footballers that saw them return to the field often well inside of 12 months.
I could definitely be wrong here but wasn't he working on getting old people to walk again in the 1980s? Returning to intensive high impact sport came much later. One could make an argument that Merv has made a bigger difference to RL than any other former player.

AFB is of the same mould. They look like they are ambling up to the line then use late footwork with a late surge from the legs to hit a 1/2 gap, they catch the defenders unawares, then their upper body strength and delicate hands come into play. They will never be Liam Martin type cannon balls.
Agree, we've got plenty of battering rams in the side. Ola's more dangerous being the type of player that he is now, why change him.

The ONLY thing I'll give Manase credit for is playing a large part in Haumole first coming to Manly.

Excerpt from SMH in 2021: "Olakau’atu was training with the Southern Districts Colts team when Manly hooker Manase Fainu asked him if he could keep him company during the long drive from Sydney’s south-west to the northern beaches a couple of times a week. “I’d sit in the car and just watch Manase train,” Olakau’atu said. "Manase said I should join him at training, he asked if it was OK, I started training on a Monday, we had a trial that week against the Dragons. I played, [coach] Wayne Lambkin liked the way I played, [recruitment manager] Scott Fulton liked the way I played, and then I was signed. It was all Manase’s doing in the end. I’m so grateful to him.”

And so are we grateful, Haumole, and so are we... Well done Manly for locking him up for hopefully the best years of his forthcoming career.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8