The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought we increased his contract value but didn't add any years to it?

I think it was reported to be a show of good faith by Manly to reflect his current value to them team and hopefully help with the next contract with us.

Yep that’s correct we have been trying to extend him for a while which is a bit of a worry. Perhaps they are holding back any announcements until the start of membership drives.🤞

Last edited:
Yep that’s correct we have been trying to extend him for a while which is a bit of a worry. Perhaps they are holding back any announcements until the start of membership drives.🤞
Absolutely no doubt at all that the tigers are after him. They would let Bateman and Ipap go tomorrow if they could get Haumole. Scott Fulton would be right on to this. Maybe this is why we signed lambkin as I thought he was close to haumole. Lambkin was also close to the fainus as well from memory

I said this about AFB when he was with us and will say it again about Haumole: he is the most important forward in our pack. And I love Jake, who is the heart and soul of our team. But Haumole is something else - big, powerful, skilful, and flat-out intimidating for opposition teams. He's the kind of player you have to keep, so the club should be doing everything they can to do so.

According to Buzz the club is trying to sign him to a long term contract too stay.

OLAKAU’ATU 7-YEAR DEAL

Manly has begun talks to lock down explosive edge forward Haumole Olakau’atu on a seven-year contract worth around the $6m mark.

Both Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov and player agent Mario Tartak have confirmed that negotiations are under way to keep Olakau’atu at Brookvale until 2030.

The 24-year-old is regarded among the best edge forwards in the competition alongside the likes of Liam Martin, David Fifita, Billy Kikau, Keaon Koloamatangi and Tyson Frizell.

Olakau’atu is already under contract for another two seasons at Manly but is on below-market value at $500,000-a-season.

Mestrov’s plan is to upgrade his deal for the next two seasons then extend for another five years. The new contract averages out at around $850,000 a season.

This player is not just a powerhouse but has extraordinary skills. Last week against the Tigers, he picked up a loose ball off his feet at full speed to set up a try.

Unbelievable for such a big unit.

According to Buzz the club is trying to sign him to a long term contract too stay.

OLAKAU’ATU 7-YEAR DEAL

Manly has begun talks to lock down explosive edge forward Haumole Olakau’atu on a seven-year contract worth around the $6m mark.

Both Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov and player agent Mario Tartak have confirmed that negotiations are under way to keep Olakau’atu at Brookvale until 2030.

The 24-year-old is regarded among the best edge forwards in the competition alongside the likes of Liam Martin, David Fifita, Billy Kikau, Keaon Koloamatangi and Tyson Frizell.

Olakau’atu is already under contract for another two seasons at Manly but is on below-market value at $500,000-a-season.

Mestrov’s plan is to upgrade his deal for the next two seasons then extend for another five years. The new contract averages out at around $850,000 a season.

This player is not just a powerhouse but has extraordinary skills. Last week against the Tigers, he picked up a loose ball off his feet at full speed to set up a try.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

OLAKAU’ATU 7-YEAR DEAL

I’d be pleasantly surprised if Tartak accepted that offer,given his penchant for stirring the pot

I said this about AFB when he was with us and will say it again about Haumole: he is the most important forward in our pack. And I love Jake, who is the heart and soul of our team. But Haumole is something else - big, powerful, skilful, and flat-out intimidating for opposition teams. He's the kind of player you have to keep, so the club should be doing everything they can to do so.
Letting Haumole go would be like letting go of AFB again....then we have no option but sign some plodder to fill the void.

850k in his last few years of his contract will be an absolute steal!
His market value will be well over 1.2m by then
If all goes well maybe..
Are we saying the same about Tom currently?
Just some food for thought. And just for the record, haumole is by far my favourite player

Does it really help the club in the next 2 years though? If Finals teams have players worth more than there paid. At 500k for the next 2 there is a chance the club could do alright and assemble some talent around him. But at 850k. Hes another one out playing Liam Martin week in week out , is he? He could grow into a great one, but he has currently achieved zilch. Got my doubts if he will ever he have the work rate or temperament, just quietly. It was his brain snap that cost us a point against the knights early this year. The rot really set in for a bit after that. $500 seems about right, currently IMO.

Does it really help the club in the next 2 years though? If Finals teams have players worth more than there paid. At 500k for the next 2 there is a chance the club could do alright and assemble some talent around him. But at 850k. Hes another one out playing Liam Martin week in week out , is he? He could grow into a great one, but he has currently achieved zilch. Got my doubts if he will ever he have the work rate or temperament, just quietly. It was his brain snap that cost us a point against the knights early this year. The rot really set in for a bit after that. $500 seems about right, currently IMO.
Brave post. I was also scratching my head a bit at the amount and length. Gamble safely.

We pay Jake how much? We pay Schu how much? For such a poor performing forward pack we seem happy to splash cash on them.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8