The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure how well it showed up on TV, but at the game, I can tell you, Haumole’s defence tonight was some of the best and most brutal I have seen. Every time the Titans looked dangerous down our right edge, he just bear hugged the opposition and shut so many opportunities down.

I hope he is not only thought of by RL experts and commentators as nothing more than a damaging ball runner, because he is one of the best defensive edge players in the game.
recently got an old amp out, set up surround sound again to the tv. family has left me unsupervised at easter so it was rocking loud last night. his hits were scary loud body contact

agree, been saying it for while, you could say he same aout sirro really. It was the same. harper also gets way to many back under turned inside runs

with jake playing link man both dce and foz play wider, foz has players running off his hip as this brings the sideline closer where DCE often uses up space running sideways as his ball playing is about the fade away as being tackled

both sirro , now oku seem to hit the line hard within 10 m of the line but no where else. no way its a coincidence. its why dce is not a ball player because the players outside dont see the benefit of his work committing players inside. if oku got the ball kikau does, wow but he has to stay ready for anything and i mean anything. in saying that DCE has been better for a couple of weeks giving early ball but it doesnt seem he has put much work into planning right side raids, just winging it and so are the supports
Great summary, jbb. It definitely looks very ad-lib on the right with DCE compared to a more structured appearance around Foz on the left. I don't mind the impromptu stuff and DCE playing off the cuff, but I would like to see a more solid structure to build the foundations to do it off.

Great summary, jbb. It definitely looks very ad-lib on the right with DCE compared to a more structured appearance around Foz on the left. I don't mind the impromptu stuff and DCE playing off the cuff, but I would like to see a more solid structure to build the foundations to do it off.
thats it, plant the seed in the opposition, play hard, direct get on a roll and then go crazy bat ****
until DCE takes ball into the line it will be up to the outside players to conjure up something .

I have complained on these boards that we havent really hurt anyone in a tackle since Gift and Watmough hunted on the edges with Matai and Jorge made mince meat of more than one poor sap a game. Of course Jake has been going solo for a good few years.

That tide has turned with Haumole arriving. He is an absolute monster and id say most ball runners are having a look where he is before hitting it up.

I can only imagine what he could do with some decent ball, rather than being turned under with a flat footed started against a swarming defence. We haven't worked out how to use him yet, he gets crowded out too often.

Foz would love having him on his side of the field. DCE is getting all the raps however Foz has turned back the clock to 2011. He has been outstanding this year.

Just so much natural strength and power with Haumole and utilizing it so well now with his tackling and all round game and no doubt can still be used a bit more effectively in attack . Add some excellent anticipation in defence and attack and really a vital member of the side now .Won 't be the only big man in the N R L to occasionally have a lateral defence issue but can get better and just so good in other areas . Jake is a key forward to have in the long term but Haumole is certainly in that category now also for sure .

Great summary, jbb. It definitely looks very ad-lib on the right with DCE compared to a more structured appearance around Foz on the left. I don't mind the impromptu stuff and DCE playing off the cuff, but I would like to see a more solid structure to build the foundations to do it off

agree, been saying it for while, you could say he same aout sirro really. It was the same. harper also gets way to many back under turned inside runs

with jake playing link man both dce and foz play wider, foz has players running off his hip as this brings the sideline closer where DCE often uses up space running sideways as his ball playing is about the fade away as being tackled

both sirro , now oku seem to hit the line hard within 10 m of the line but no where else. no way its a coincidence. its why dce is not a ball player because the players outside dont see the benefit of his work committing players inside. if oku got the ball kikau does, wow but he has to stay ready for anything and i mean anything. in saying that DCE has been better for a couple of weeks giving early ball but it doesnt seem he has put much work into planning right side raids, just winging it and so are the supports
Most clubs suffer from the lack of line runners and over use of safe unders plays on the right side. The majority of players are natural right to left passes so lack the confidence along with ball running techniques to offer quality structured plays of the same standard and variety as the left side.

It's hard to even find line runners on the right as progressing through the grades everything of quality and structure was done on the left, it was enough to generate wins.

Yes DCE crabs sideways cramping up his outside options, the blame is 50/50 though as sometimes the line runner has to lead and not hang back to prevent DCE from delaying the pass in the hope to instigate movement in his outside runners---it is the delaying due to a lack of structured options along with line runners not taking the lead that plays into DCE's natural bad habits of crabbing sideways.

But yes DCE is also to blame by not playing straight enough throughout his entire career and taking the line on in more direct ways, it should of been coached out of him or at the very least offer some balance.

Take for example Munster, under any other coaching system i can tell you now Munsters natural crabbing would of seen him float in and out of first grade with inconsistent performances. Under the Storm he has a balance of still crabbing and adlib with structured direct options and is improving all the time.

First 8 seconds of this clip shows what happens when line runners don't take the initiative for example. Haumole should be lead running into the hole to draw in Finucane and Olam so DCE has the option to hit Haumole hole running or Harper and Saab if the defenders are sucked in to Haumole.

Due to no lead running which then leads and feeds into DCE's natural crabbing adlib instincts Brandon Smith fades off DCE and Finucane slides with DCE, Haumole is forced into the safe predictable unders line along with Harper. Even Harper still had the option to run a straight line after all that and a quick draw and pass to Saab on the outside was on.

Yes this was an adlib play off the back of Marty breaking the tackle so it's not really a structured opportunity but it shows what happens when you don't have lead runners taking the initiative along with DCE crabbing too fast sideways instead of floating across like a natural ballplayer with time does.

Last edited:
Most clubs suffer from the lack of line runners and and over use of safe unders plays on the right side. The majority of players are natural right to left passes so lack the confidence along with ball running techniques to offer quality structured plays of the same standard and variety as the left side.

It's hard to even find line runners on the right as progressing through the grades everything of quality and structure was done on the left, it was enough to generate wins.

Yes DCE crabs sideways cramping up his outside options, the blame is 50/50 though as sometimes the line runner has to lead and not hang back to prevent DCE from delaying the pass in the hope to instigate movement in his outside runners---it is the delaying due to a lack of structured options along with line runners not taking the lead that plays into DCE's natural bad habits of crabbing sideways.

But yes DCE is also to blame by not playing straight enough throughout his entire career and taking the line on in more direct ways, it should of been coached out of him or at the very least offer some balance.

Take for example Munster, under any other coaching system i can tell you now Munsters natural crabbing would of seen him float in and out of first grade with inconsistent performances. Under the Storm he has a balance of still crabbing and adlib with structured direct options and is improving all the time.

First 8 seconds of this clip shows what happens when line runners don't take the initiative for example. Haumole should be lead running into the hole to draw in Finucane and Olam so DCE has the option to hit Haumole hole running or Harper and Saab if the defenders are sucked in to Haumole.

Due to no lead running which then leads and feeds into DCE's natural crabbing adlib instincts Brandon Smith fades off DCE and Finucane slides with DCE, Haumole is forced into the safe predictable unders line along with Harper. Even Harper still had the option to run a straight line after all that and a quick draw and pass to Saab on the outside was on.

Yes this was an adlib play off the back of Marty breaking the tackle so it's not really a structured opportunity but it shows what happens when you don't have lead runners taking the initiative along with DCE crabbing too fast sideways instead of floating across like a natural ballplayer with time does.

You allude to what i think our main issue as a side is

DCE has carried the can at manly for a long time and is heralded throught league kingdom. He has earnt respect off the field and seems a great role model to the team as far as lifestyle , training, preperation but in a team full of rookies who is going to overcall the old dog

Take your word for it about left and right runners, cool. The same angle thing seems less an issue inside the 10 in the middle or even short side once jake is removed and the ball playing relies less on providing a hole to hit, just a smidge to crash through

Your example is good and it shows what you say. Oka was in about his 20th game , nearly all played with DCE. On display also was his overcooking the play with his swerves and jinks and dummies and after 20 games it would be tough getting your head around that **** i must say. At times oku must think he has a bird terd on him as DCE u turns as if to say oh no, not giving to you, ill just sit down actually before your getting it. But both harper and oku were off the pace in this example. Big rookie type seasons for both of them and oku has grown a leg from it

But the video
The cut out ball to harper was almost an option except for the same. Indecisiveness all round from a rookie and . The inside ball gave harper the yipps last season and it really is selling the dump, not much more when given so late.

Ive talked about his game for so long now I almost feel sorry for him and hopes he proves me wrong. He will never be perfect but he needs to be the best dce the team needs and start to ignore a few of his natural impulses . Headless chook, non trusting manager type,control freak who knows , but he has a go

Most clubs suffer from the lack of line runners and and over use of safe unders plays on the right side. The majority of players are natural right to left passes so lack the confidence along with ball running techniques to offer quality structured plays of the same standard and variety as the left side.
I find this strange and hard to fathom. I get that most of us have a favoured side that feels more natural, but surely at NRL level you have practiced and developed passing either side with competence and confidence, especially for hookers and play-makers? We worked on and developed this basic skillset from u8s.

I find this strange and hard to fathom. I get that most of us have a favoured side that feels more natural, but surely at NRL level you have practiced and developed passing either side with competence and confidence, especially for hookers and play-makers? We worked on and developed this basic skillset from u8s.
I struggle a bit too , as a right hander i found it easier to do the opposite to the norm it seems

Slowly building man, look at our roster and juniors we have coming through. Stay positive, it'll come soon.
Love your PMA Remy brother. But Melbourne have got some weird magic **** going on down there that turns plodders into immortals.
Hard to fight that kinda vodoo mojo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10