The Greatest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Heisenberg

Reserve Grader
Hello my fellow Sea Eagles.
I think we could do with a break from all the negativity that has been surrounding our club recently. Ill admit I'm fairly new to supporting Manly(although the passion grows by the day) Im from Scotland. Some of my wife's family live in Australia. My sister in law kindly took us to Manly. I got to see the stadium, sheds, that the groundsman kindly let us into and the leagues club...I got to witness all the clubs memorabilia and and achievements on a wall of greatness...other clubs must die for that kind of history. I am now a member of this great club from afar. Which brings me on to my question (apologises for my ramblings) unfortunately I haven't seen Manly live.. Yet!
Who's the greatest player you have ever seen live?

Graham Eadie is the best all round player I have ever watched at Brookie.

His youth, speed, strength and ball skills were on show in an era without trainers/rehab.

1977 Eadie even won The Superstar award beating all other athletes from different sports.
Truly a natural athlete :clap:

http://www.thesuperstars.org/comp/77aus.html

Cliffy's magic was making other players look like they were running through inpenetrable walls.

I used to watch the replays in order to find the moment where Cliffy first saw the gap - rarely did :nerd:
He would pop the ball into it, then a Manly player appeared and picked it out of that spot.

Hard to explain, but it always looked like Cliffy was the only one animated in a freeze frame of a field of 26 players - awesome :rock:

These 2 stand out for me as freaks of nature but there have been dozens of Manly players who feature in my Brookie Faves, albeit briefly :inlove:

Last edited:
Hello my fellow Sea Eagles.
I think we could do with a break from all the negativity that has been surrounding our club recently. Ill admit I'm fairly new to supporting Manly(although the passion grows by the day) Im from Scotland. Some of my wife's family live in Australia. My sister in law kindly took us to Manly. I got to see the stadium, sheds, that the groundsman kindly let us into and the leagues club...I got to witness all the clubs memorabilia and and achievements on a wall of greatness...other clubs must die for that kind of history. I am now a member of this great club from afar. Which brings me on to my question (apologises for my ramblings) unfortunately I haven't seen Manly live.. Yet!
Who's the greatest player you have ever seen live?

Welcome aboard , great to have you with us.

I’m old enough to have seen Bob Fulton play, so he’d be my vote!

Over the years we have been totally blessed by the quality players who have worn the maroon and white jersey.

When I think of the greatest, there are so many players to mention, so I thought I would break it into categories.

For natural talent, no player would beat Cliffy Lyons who had an ability to win games with his vision and his combination with Beaver was lethal for years.

For toughness, 2 players come to mind, pound for pound it would have to be Geoff Toovey who just played a ruthless game and led by example, Igor Randall gets my vote too as he could play in serious pain like the 1978 final series where he would need painkilling injections all over his body and he would still get out there and smash his opponents like Dallas Donnelly.

For speed that took your breath away, wow Brett Snake Stewart had blinding speed and he won games on his own for Manly, what a talent!! Poetry in motion.

For calmness and leadership, Killer Lyon was special in that way, our current team needs a leader like him, Max Krillich, who was a winner on the field and tough as they come.

For sheer power, Marty Taupau takes some beating, Ian Roberts was imposing.

For never taking a backward step, Ronny Gibbs was our nutter, Stevie Matai who to this day sends shivers down the spine of his opponents with his relentless and imposing defence.

My favourite will always be Graham Eadie, the Wombat was a player who did it all, scored tries, saved them, caught bombs, kicked goals, smashed guys with his defence and played in four amazing grand final wins. I will also say that I only saw Bozo right at the end of his career and his achievements are unmatched at Manly as a player and coach.

These players will always be my favourite players because they bled for our team!

Best .. Malcolm Reilly.
close 2nd ..Bob Fulton.

But full-time players in the modern era are fitter , stronger, faster and possess greatly improved skill-sets than their predecessors. In the modern era I would go with Jamie Lyon.

PSS ... True Blue or those reeking green b.......ds ?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8