The Greatest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AC/DC and the Foo Fighters....

Oh sorry it's early on a Saturday.
Randall was my favourite.
But the greatest I have seen play live, of all time not just Manly, was Bob Fulton.

so many, Cliffy was great, here is his 300th game
Terry Randall, Bozo, Eadie, Beaver, Tooves, The Bomb Thrower' ... etc etc

but Cliffy was a joy to watch ..... 'Lyons to Menzies' ....

Last edited:
I can only go back as far as 2004.

Without question, Brett Stewart is the best I've seen. Matt Ballin is pretty much uncontested as my favourite player but Steve Matai is worth a mention. Two players who I would have wanted to watch the most would be Graham Eadie and Geoff Toovey

Hello my fellow Sea Eagles.
I think we could do with a break from all the negativity that has been surrounding our club recently. Ill admit I'm fairly new to supporting Manly(although the passion grows by the day) Im from Scotland. Some of my wife's family live in Australia. My sister in law kindly took us to Manly. I got to see the stadium, sheds, that the groundsman kindly let us into and the leagues club...I got to witness all the clubs memorabilia and and achievements on a wall of greatness...other clubs must die for that kind of history. I am now a member of this great club from afar. Which brings me on to my question (apologises for my ramblings) unfortunately I haven't seen Manly live.. Yet!
Who's the greatest player you have ever seen live?
BK

Hello my fellow Sea Eagles.
I think we could do with a break from all the negativity that has been surrounding our club recently. Ill admit I'm fairly new to supporting Manly(although the passion grows by the day) Im from Scotland. Some of my wife's family live in Australia. My sister in law kindly took us to Manly. I got to see the stadium, sheds, that the groundsman kindly let us into and the leagues club...I got to witness all the clubs memorabilia and and achievements on a wall of greatness...other clubs must die for that kind of history. I am now a member of this great club from afar. Which brings me on to my question (apologises for my ramblings) unfortunately I haven't seen Manly live.. Yet!
Who's the greatest player you have ever seen live?
Love your avatar...Preacher! Awesome comic book that. As for the best player, I loved watching Cliffy Lyons carving up defensive lines.

I think of it in terms of entertainment value

In the backs Cliffs by a mile, then Steve Matai
In the forwards Crusher Cleal and Watmough (before he became a traitor).

NYEagle

Graham Eadie is the best all round player I have ever watched at Brookie.

His youth, speed, strength and ball skills were on show in an era without trainers/rehab.

1977 Eadie even won The Superstar award beating all other athletes from different sports.
Truly a natural athlete :clap:

http://www.thesuperstars.org/comp/77aus.html

Cliffy's magic was making other players look like they were running through inpenetrable walls.

I used to watch the replays in order to find the moment where Cliffy first saw the gap - rarely did :nerd:
He would pop the ball into it, then a Manly player appeared and picked it out of that spot.

Hard to explain, but it always looked like Cliffy was the only one animated in a freeze frame of a field of 26 players - awesome :rock:

These 2 stand put for me as freaks of nature but there have been dozens of Manly players who feature in my Brookie Faves, albeit briefly :inlove:
I love this post HappilyManly and agree with everything you wrote but Bob Fulton was the best player I've ever seen. Absolutely dominated every match he played in.

I love this post HappilyManly and agree with everything you wrote but Bob Fulton was the best player I've ever seen. Absolutely dominated every match he played in.
I didn't find league till the 76 finals when I moved to Sydney.

Bozo's name was mud as soon as he signed with Easts in 77 :swear:

Bozo was the turncoat of the 70s like Chez is now for Qld :rofl:

I didn't find league till the 76 finals when I moved to Sydney.

Bozo's name was mud as soon as he signed with Easts in 77 :swear:

Bozo was the turncoat of the 70s like Chez is now for Qld :rofl:
I still have the original big league Manly poster from 76 where, in my anger, I literally drew a target on him.....

Ha hopefully you get to see a few more games @globaleagle
My all time favorite is Bob Fulton but unfortunately never got to see him play.
Started traveling to watch the guys in 2009 and Watmough was my standout player.
In the current team it is DCE, love the guy.
We have been lucky to have had a lot of great players.
Enjoy the banter @Heisenberg

Manly, Gangnam style

i-like-doggy-style-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10