The Flu Needle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But then again, my wife says its called the "Man Flu" beacuse we males got so much sicker than females with it....
So I can understand our performance....lol

Frogz said:
But then again, my wife says its called the "Man Flu" beacuse we males got so much sicker than females with it....
So I can understand our performance....lol

I get the man flu treatment too lol.

i watched something about the flu the other day. Most people confuse the cold with flu to talk it up. The presenter said a real flu is when you lay in bed and call for your mother no matter how old you are

just sharing what i thought was funny

I would hope that the real flu, not a runny nose, was the reason for Wolfies pathetic display. I'd hate to think he was fit and ready to play.

Yes there are a lot of misinformed people out there who think that a common head cold with a bit of a temperature and a headache is the flu. it is not.

Apart from there being other strains of flu that may affect those that are immunised most people working in large groups will come into and experience these viruses/common cold and think that they have the flu.

I had influenza in 2008 and I was in bed for nearly two weeks and suffered badly.

Flu shots are good for old people because real influenza will kill them, or lead to a compromised immune system and then a secondary problem like pneumonia.

So basically the players may possibly have had the flu shot and this 'virus' that is reported in the media as the flu is not actually influenza but some other nasty thing - or they contracted a different strain of the flu. Calling all viruses the flu is like how some people call a vaccuum cleaner a 'hoover' or a photocopy a 'Xerox' or a (this is for you kiwi) a chilly bin an 'esky'.

I read that man flu is real because even if a man has a physical injury - like a broken arm or a dislocated ankle they still feel horny/ready to deliver if the opportunity arises. When men have compromised immune systems such as with a head cold or virus they do not feel 'up for it' at all and this strange situation/state compounds the effects of the flu making us (at least in a psychosomatic sense) feel worse than a female suffering the same virus without the complicated unexplained unconscious feeling of lost virility.

Just on the vitamins they do work too. I have taken them for a while because I am not so much into the fruit any more - still like salads and vegies but can't find any desire for any sort of banana, apple anything now days. Not working around a bunch of new interactions everyday helps too.

I've taken the flu needle every year bar one in the last 6 or so years and the one year I didn't take it I got the flu. As some people have said there is a big difference between the flu and the common cold and that year I missed it has reinforced with me that I won't be missing it again.

There have been a few times this winter when I thought I was heading down the flu path, only for things to subside. Who knows if this was a result of getting the flu shot, but its definitely worth it for me.

I reckon the players should wear Tracksuit pants and Beanies...

That should fix the flu problems we have for sure followed by some Goanna cream.

I've never had the flu, but my wife has. She was in bed for weeks, sore joints, fits of coughing up green stuff, off her oats etc, and eventually had to go to hospital with pleuresy (sic) and have her lungs drained. All the folk who say they've had the flu are really talking up a heavy cold. Flu shots should be mandatory with the players. As well they all should be on a healthy diet with vitamin supplements. When I read about players having boils etc, I just wonder what they're eating. And a healthy lifestyle is not on the grog at 4am up the Cross. Stupid for players to abuse the thing that earns them large amounts of cash, the body.

Boils are spread from all the contact the players have with each other with the wrestling they do. It is rife in Mma circles too. Bacterial infection that diet won't effect.

I love the whole "I did this, and this happened, therefore here is the truth about the flu shot".

Medical tests usually need a sample size of thousands to draw a conclusion, but most people on here have it sorted from a sample size of one.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2