The first 8 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A good cross section of thoughts here, and I certainly appreciate any thoughts are at this point , conjecture.

We really won’t know much until round 1.

If they win , we are on the way , if they are competitive I’ll be super happy.

If they are thrashed, it’ll be a real worry.

This off season has been waaay too long for us to fall into a slump straight up! 😭

All those games are winnable!!!!! Storm have lost a number of experienced players, same with Panthers. I'm only concerned about Souths & maybe some complacency against the others, otherwise i reckon we could be right up there!

In my opinion “ Rome wasn’t built in a day “ and this is a bit like building Rome.
Rome may have not been built in a day but this is not Rome this is Manly

And at Manly we have built the foundations of a finals sqaud that is ready to challenge for the title that belongs to us

Anything other than a finals achievement is another under achievement

No one rises
to low expectations
Let us Keep expectations high and Rise like Premiership Winning Eagles

Manly Sea Eagles Grand Final Wins : Manly weathers the Storm - Total ...

My predilection is to predict this :)

Bulldogs home W
BYE
Eels home W
Rabbitohs away ?
Knights home W
Panthers away ?
Storm home W
Wests Tigers away W
The Reality is

All those 8 teams are beatable

They have all lost games before and they are capable of losing once more

If we find a way we can beat them all

@Mark from Brisbane ... our trials also take on a fair bit of significance as well ... with our first hit outs against .. Souff's and rorters .. 2 more of last years top 8 ...

Poor showings in the trials will see the team well down on confidence .. good showings and we go in on a high.

But seriously... between trials and the first 8 weeks we will have played 7 of last years top 8.

The big thing with the first couple months of this draw is Manly barely leave Sydney until after Magic Round in May. That has to be a positive for our training and preparation to start the season especially if Seibold plans to change up attack and defensive structures.

@Mark from Brisbane ... our trials also take on a fair bit of significance as well ... with our first hit outs against .. Souff's and rorters .. 2 more of last years top 8 ...

Poor showings in the trials will see the team well down on confidence .. good showings and we go in on a high.

But seriously... between trials and the first 8 weeks we will have played 7 of last years top 8.
I guess that’s going to show us where they are situated , that’s for sure !!

Rome may have not been built in a day but this is not Rome this is Manly

And at Manly we have built the foundations of a finals sqaud that is ready to challenge for the title that belongs to us

Anything other than a finals achievement is another under achievement

No one rises
to low expectations
Let us Keep expectations high and Rise like Premiership Winning Eagles

Manly Sea Eagles Grand Final Wins : Manly weathers the Storm - Total ...
We once had the great Mick O’Connor in the centers, whom carried the nose of a Roman Senator.

The big thing with the first couple months of this draw is Manly barely leave Sydney until after Magic Round in May. That has to be a positive for our training and preparation to start the season especially if Seibold plans to change up attack and defensive structures.
Agreed @seaeagles4life Considering we have a number of Brookie games (plus the Mudgee game) in the first eight rounds, we really need to win six of those games to be seen as a serious contender in 2023.

Bejesus ... I hadn't really looked at the game schedule before ... but that is one hell of an 8 weeks ...

I'm going with 3 wins and a bye .. for 8 points ..

Well I was wrong ... who tipped 11 points ?

Beat me to it.

Closest to correct so far.
  • Feb 17, 2023
    • Add bookmark
      I’m feeling a little bullish and think we can surprise a few, winning is definitely a cultural thing and builds off itself, it would be nice if we can upset the chooks tonight, start that winning momentum, then.
      R1 W, Roll the dogs. start positively.
      R2 B, Good start leading the comp.
      R3 W, Still on top, building nicely, cause we hate the slime and will do a demo on them at home.
      Rd 4? Souths could be a little battered from an even tougher start, possible to keep on a roll!
      Rd 5 W, Danger game, should win, so long as we turn up and just don’t expect we’ll win.
      R6 L, Not expected to win, can’t say we can snatch one especially at Blue bet.
      R7 ?, Our tough run could be catching up with us but still a possible win.
      R8 W, Tuff one away after a hard run, but it’s a must win game if we want be serious.
      I expect 10 points with a possible upside of 1 or 2 extra wins (South’s and Melbourne) we’ll that’s how I’d like to see it anyway, giving us 12 to 14 points, however it’s a week by week assignment.
      Even with our tough early draw, I’m hopping we develop a winning culture and find ourselves entrenched in the top four all season, that’s what we should be aiming for, now I’ll come back
      down to earth for a while! At least till kick off.
Rd 4 we were robbed by the sad passing of JS
Rd 5 we let ourselves down (the danger game factor got us again)
Rd 7 excellent, well done
Rd 8 we must turn up and not let ourselves down again, I don’t believe we will, we’ll build off last week and win, even if it’s ugly, hopefully we put a score on them, with shoe reconnecting our backline and our engine room turning up again we should.

That will be 11 points, in the top 4, well done, shame about South’s and probably should of got the extra point against the drug cheats. We could easily of had 12 or 14 points, anyway 11 points is excellent, it’s a very healthy start to the year, again well done, keep up the good work and please maintain last weeks intensity against the Tigpies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4