The Fight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love the biff as much as anyone (hell, probably more than anyone!), but the fallout from this will be massive for us. I hate to say it, but that could be season done.:(

The first fight was your garden variety footy fight. 1 player resents something, there's a push & shove, some punches are thrown, other players run in etc...

However the 2nd one by the sideline was amazing to see. Before last night was the one back in the 80's between Dowling and Tamati the last time that happened?

Anyway... Glenn looked furious so something was said and I think Glen was walking slowly because he was looking for another confrontation, otherwise he'd have run off. Blair for his part didn't try to run around to avoid a confrontation either.

As a senior player, Glen should know better than to put himself in that position but whatever Blair said to him was too much to ignore.

I think Brett will be in trouble for running in and connecting with Blair as will Lussick who threw a couple more. However the others, Robertson, Foran and Watmough.... I didn't see them throw any punches so they might be OK.

I'm no fan on Blair and think he deserved what he got but there are going to be repercussions from both fights and I hope for our sake it doesn't end our chances.

The fight started when Melbourne's Ryan Hinchliffe accidently struck Darcy Lussick with s stray elbow while running the ball in the 27th minute.
from Here

What a crock of sh!t!!!! You can clearly see that he was looking over his shoulder when he threw the elbow.

Daddycool said:
The first fight was your garden variety footy fight. 1 player resents something, there's a push & shove, some punches are thrown, other players run in etc...

However the 2nd one by the sideline was amazing to see. Before last night was the one back in the 80's between Dowling and Tamati the last time that happened?

Anyway... Glenn looked furious so something was said and I think Glen was walking slowly because he was looking for another confrontation, otherwise he'd have run off. Blair for his part didn't try to run around to avoid a confrontation either.

As a senior player, Glen should know better than to put himself in that position but whatever Blair said to him was too much to ignore.

I think Brett will be in trouble for running in and connecting with Blair as will Lussick who threw a couple more. However the others, Robertson, Foran and Watmough.... I didn't see them throw any punches so they might be OK.

I'm no fan on Blair and think he deserved what he got but there are going to be repercussions from both fights and I hope for our sake it doesn't end our chances.
We are finished ..no wolfy,brett,hoppa,now glenn and lussick suspended
our season will derail now.They done this last year too Matai and glenn
let the team down same time last year....

what happe ns on the field stays on the field. They both got sent off, leave it at that. Brett probably shouldnt have run in like he did, but of more concern was the melbourne bench joining in.

When Blair chased after Glen it was'nt to say "sorry mate no hard feelings". He wanted to continue on. Glen got in first. I find it hard to blame him for that.

Blair should be totally held accountable for round 2 of ''The Brawl'' due to his running up to catch Glenn and becoming physical and verbal, when all he needed to do was to exit in a calm manner. The 10 minute sin bin would have been the end of the matter if it werwe not for Blairs enthusiasm.

Jesus said:
forget special powers how about being a professional and doing what you get paid to do which is play football not fight, that was rubbish that crap on the sideline he could have just walked away now because of that crap we are likely to be down a few players for a few weeks - theres a couple of people in that side that need need to move on in life an get the chip off there shoulders, which while I understand isn't easy just needs to happen.

2 years of crap, in my opinion, would take any human being years to deal with!! Give them a break, they are playing a contact sport and there always will be cheap shots and niggle. They have handled it fine up until now and really only let "something" get to them on the back of Blair running to get one final shot in.

One person alone directly caused the sin-binning, the all-in and the send-off.

Apart from Hinchcliff's cheap elbow that started the whole thing, it would have all settled down without Blair throwing the haymaker at Lussick while Lussick had his arms pinned by a Melbourne player. Blair had to be sin-binned and Hayne seemingly randomly picked Stewart to go with him so it was 12-12.

Then Blair raced to catch up with Stewart as he was walking off, pushes into him, puts his face two inches away, and then grabs his jersey and pushes him. And it was on.

Anyone hear Hadley going off at half time last night on 2GB? Stand by for 12 today. I'm tipping a bucketload of pressure is about to go on the NRL to make sure players and clubs pay a very severe price for last night. The Telegraph has already classed it as near the crime of the century.

Hadley is typical of the media, pretending to be outraged while realising the ratings boost this sort of thing gives his show. Stirring the pot for his own benefit.

I think the ref can take some of the blame too. Why didn't he wait until Glenn had cleared the field before he sent Blair to the bin. Blair then chased after Gifty and said something to fire it all up again. Hayne is meant to be one of the more experienced refs in the game, but he made a mistake with that.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

3rd man into fight is automatic bin. End of story hence why they were in the bin. Sent because they kept going after

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4