The fans have been proven wrong with Gifty and Choc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done to the management team. You have left egg strewn over the face of many of the Manly fans.

So Gifty started with a 6 pack at Souths, the gut came back, his form dips, ended up with injuries ... Boom fail off to England.

Choc, well had a great first game against us, ended up injured, out of form, injured again and missed most of the season. An absolute disgrace.

Meanwhile we have unearthed the best front rower since Webke (JakeT), and possibly an even better one in Liam Knight. We've signed Myles, Brown and are on the verge of signing Tapau.

Tell me that the management team haven't got it right.

I was the first to say that both Choc and Gifty were washed up. Credit must be given to those who made the hard decisions .

Go Manly !
That was probably the last big call of the former management team. I suspect if the current management/ownership structure was in place at that time we probably might still have Gift, Choc and Foran on our roster, for good or for bad, who will ever know. I personally think Gift and Choc would have gone better with us this year than they did with their new clubs (with a little luck with injuries) and a happier playing group, but the future is with DCE so 2015 can now be locked away as a transitionary year and bring on 2016.
And how do I like my eggs, strewn please.:eek:

@pjayz. My thread is misconstrued perhaps. There's no doubting all our love for those two players, especially Gift. Watmoughs antics left a sour taste with all of us but no one can doubt his passion and contribution when he was at Manly.

But whoever the management team were are vindicated as Gift was continually going through injury dramas and Choc was just not the player he used to be.

The club is headed in the right direction, we are signing quality, have a great halfback and some very promising juniors.

@pjayz. My thread is misconstrued perhaps. There's no doubting all our love for those two players, especially Gift. Watmoughs antics left a sour taste with all of us but no one can doubt his passion and contribution when he was at Manly.

But whoever the management team were are vindicated as Gift was continually going through injury dramas and Choc was just not the player he used to be.

The club is headed in the right direction, we are signing quality, have a great halfback and some very promising juniors.
All good BB. I agree that we are moving in the right direction, I just question the method by which we move in that direction at times.

That was probably the last big call of the former management team. I suspect if the current management/ownership structure was in place at that time we probably might still have Gift, Choc and Foran on our roster, for good or for bad, who will ever know. I personally think Gift and Choc would have gone better with us this year than they did with their new clubs (with a little luck with injuries) and a happier playing group, but the future is with DCE so 2015 can now be locked away as a transitionary year and bring on 2016.
And how do I like my eggs, strewn please.:eek:
I doubt that Foran would have stayed, the Dalai had by the end of 2013 already swayed him away from Brookie to the slugs, it was just a matter of waiting for his contract to expire so he could link with the man he loves, it was obvious by the effort he put in (or the lack of effort) that his heart was elsewhere, personally glad to see him gone, I only want players who will give 100% to the Eagles and reading players statements saying that they wake up some mornings not wanting to continue with the club is enough for me to say goodbye and good luck.

Well done to the management team. You have left egg strewn over the face of many of the Manly fans.

So Gifty started with a 6 pack at Souths, the gut came back, his form dips, ended up with injuries ... Boom fail off to England.

Choc, well had a great first game against us, ended up injured, out of form, injured again and missed most of the season. An absolute disgrace.

Meanwhile we have unearthed the best front rower since Webke (JakeT), and possibly an even better one in Liam Knight. We've signed Myles, Brown and are on the verge of signing Tapau.

Tell me that the management team haven't got it right.

I was the first to say that both Choc and Gifty were washed up. Credit must be given to those who made the hard decisions .

Go Manly !
Watmough at "Manly" would still go ok behind a decent front row pack, his effectiveness and the style of tough play to inspire others due to a lack of forwards took it's toll.

If Foran stays fit and marshals the Parramatta forwards around i can see a half decent season at Parramatta along with Watmough regaining some form----but yes he is past his best by a long way.

G.Stewart has been washed up for years so i don't think you were the first to suggest that, many have thought the same----from 2009 onwards he has been behind the pace of the game due to a lack of a decent preseason and losing sharpness.

I doubt the fans were opposed to the 2 leaving, they were opposed to the method and the timing.

Most of us clapped watamouth out the door. Most of us were sad the way Gift was shown the door though.

In reality, holding on to Watamouth and Gift this year probably would have pushed us into the 8, barring injuries. But in their new teams, the change was too much for both of them to show decent form.

I hope Formyfamily noticed, but im sure he was too busy counting his pay check.

Not sure how you can say fans have egg on their face over the decisions.

Re Choc I agreed, along with most that it was a go move for him to go. Proven correct.

Re Gift. More difficult. So far as playing/health/injury etc it was a good move although the way it was done was disappointing. I believe if the transition of Gift out of team had been handled much better, even an extra year, we would have had a greater chance to make the semis this year. Injuries were the biggest problem but team unity also played a part.

I hated Gift leaving and before 2014 never have imagined Glenn, Choc and Foz playing against Manly. The negativity that set in throughout 2014 destroyed the unity of the team. To cliche it we had a champion team who turned into a team of champions playing as individuals, or in little sub-groups, but not as a united team or club.
Some of the core group had tasted victory in two Grand Finals and got Steggled out of a third. With the fallout from the Gift decision it seemed like the hunger to compete and bleed for fellow players and the club had disappeared.
The winners of the past two GFs, the bunnies-fest and recently the cows showed the unity and hunger required to win a competition so tough. It has to resonate from everyone throughout the club. From the ball kids to the players, to the very oldest person in management.
I don't like how it all came to be, especially the treatment of Tooves but hopefully after all the changes/clean-outs, weird decisions and bad blood shed Manly can unite again, get the hunger back and hunt down Premiership #9.
Onwards and upwards.
Go Manly!

How was Gifty washed up after 2009? Played S.O.O between 09 -12, withdrew from the Australian team twice in this period supposedly to injury and won the Clive Churchill medal in 2011.
I stated washed up for years not since 2009, he was slowing down from 2009 and many of his performances were over-rated in my opinion(obviously 99% disagree but Souths realised fast)

International Rugby League in most cases is a step down from the "top NRL matches" and making the NSW squad in this period is nothing to be proud of lol, not like he was a standout either.

Tough ball and all defender, some nice ball playing(that is a level beyond what his brother is capable of) and leadeship skills(within a long term playing in one club benefit) are his positives----didn't offer much leadership, go forward or impact at Souths.(If he was so great he would of left a mark at Souths, like Kennedy did at Manly in his short stint)

The eventual decline of such a great era was never going to end without sadness but boy did we have one hell of a tough football team.
I salute them all and I'd gladly shout them all a beer if given the opportunity.

Yeah all good things come to and end. And Time is Passing, time is passing.
I've come round to thinking, in terms of 'new era' that 2016 should be Skivvy and Brett's last year as well. Its time to move on from those older guys.
Maybe Jamie as well. It must be based on form in this 'young man's game'. So they will have to really deliver to hold on to their contracts, spots. Releases to ESL and they can all be together at Catalan's for one last hurrah, with the assumed accompanying cigars, bubbly, reminiscing etc.

Now all Manly fans. If you had your pick between Gifty/Choc vs Myles/Tapou it is a no brainer. We have attained a genuine hardheaded origin mainstay and a starting forward in the worlds No 1 ranked test team. We've lost two injury prone legends of the club.

Again well done to Management. You have my full support.

Now all Manly fans. If you had your pick between Gifty/Choc vs Myles/Tapou it is a no brainer. We have attained a genuine hardheaded origin mainstay and a starting forward in the worlds No 1 ranked test team. We've lost two injury prone legends of the club.

Again well done to Management. You have my full support.
Ask that question back in 2005.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7