The face you make…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Thanks for your succinct reply - and @Ryan thanks for your typically verbose response

You have both confirmed what I was angling at. Each of you operate in a business with real consequence for failure - and you are engaged in that.

These guys play a game, and get paid for it (good for them). But there is no consequence for failing, maybe they miss a bonus payment - but apart from mug punters that foolishly part with their money on a bet I don't see how what they do compares to your professional career with real impact.

I think you need to also reflect on the fact that they aren't paid just to play, but to train... Look at what happened when Schu was not living up to requirements as a first grader, he got dropped and told we expect more (or maybe he asked to have a few weeks off). Based on that we can understand there is expectations of the team.

(edit) I was typing my post while @Ryan was responding to another post. in no way was the above reflecting a response to his latest post. And as another ex financial services (and ANZ alumni) I understand the stresses the job brings
I guess when we support a club through nothing more than raw emotion and passion, some of us for many decades, it becomes very disheartening to watch such highly paid professional athletes accept losing with such disdain. It comes across as a disrespect to all those players in the past who have sacrificed to spill blood for this club and the heartache they shared when losing.

I guess when we support a club through nothing more than raw emotion and passion, some of us for many decades, it becomes very disheartening to watch such highly paid professional athletes accept losing with such disdain. It comes across as a disrespect to all those players in the past who have sacrificed to spill blood for this club and the heartache they shared when losing.
I understand what you are saying, I disagree with the "disdain" however I can't diminish your view. Unfortunately those that we speak of with the "passion" were either in the age where they had another job to supplement their income, to those that started playing the game (including juniors) in that age (Lyon, Kennedy, Stewart etc)

We have all supported this team for decades and maybe it is just me I have resigned myself to a different approach from our team - it isn't just our team that behaves in the way that rubs many up the wrong way, it is across the board

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10