The End of the Stewart Bros Era ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar said:
I've heard that Glenn is quite jealous of Brett's reptilian moniker, 'Snake'.

Glenn wants to be known as 'Sidewinder' from here on in, and he has the runs on the board to back it up.

that would be ACROSS the board, left to right

So i was doing the rounds at work, when stopped by a Tigers fan to discuss footy and let him know how crap his team is.

Anyway we get on to Brett Stewart and he says that NSW will win origin know with him out and Hayne at fullback. I lolled. Walked away at such stupidity. Also claimed he wouldn't have him at the Tigers. Was going to through him out the building.

Long live the Stewart Era.

bones said:
MPC75 said:
panash said:
the games at brookie - souths/roosters we all know our team and what the mighty eagles are capable of and with our line up... 2nd to none

so i guess its frustrating firstly to see our team lose when we didnt really get beaten by the opposing sides..

then we witness dumb plays and errors ( that we laugh at other teams when they do them ) and not scoring points.
especially in front of a great crowd ( well done to those that were there , i thought we were going to get home with the crowd you guys got the team going ).

not using the bench to our advantage and so on...

then us as supporters start pointing the fingers at what went wrong which players did this and that and that ,im sure its not deliberate to upset others but its natural to vent anger/frustration...

all players get older and not as effective , but i wouldnt say thats our problem yet , were only in may we have had a couple bad games , we are well above the talent of other teams position 5 and under , we just dont have the formula right just as yet , one pass to late , one step to early etc...

i have faith in the boys , the only issue is that it needs to be addressed and rectified sooner than later... i guess we will lose to the hungry storm team next week away , but that will bring desire moving forward...

i love been part of passionate supporters on this forum , i live in the shire and i cant find one Manly supporter..

Manly 2013

Hey Panash, I grew up in the shire and have 6 brothers and sisters and 16 neices and nephews that all still live in the shire and we all go for the Mighty Eagles.

I'm in Caringbah guys. Moved here about a six weeks ago after 11 years in Randwick. @[Timmy] is in the shire and @[Napper] and @[RL Gronk] are nearby also.

im in gymea , shire all my life.... ive already checked no game at shark park this year.. i went alone to kogarah last week...

its good to hear there a few in the shire... dont know how you were able to make all the family members manly supporters ( well done ).. im having a difficult time trying to get my boys follow there dad...
ill keep working on it though..

Snake is still my favourite player.. But you are watching the game wrong if you think he was anywhere near his best this year.. Not even anywhere near where he was last year.

Looked tentative, still awesome in defence and diffusing situations.. But wasn't backing himself in attack, and seemed hesitant to take the line on.. Also I can't recall a single set play like a foran kick just for snake.

Really hope he gets the kavorka back.

I hardly think the Stewart brothers form is any reason to be depressed ! Glenn's attacks out, his defence is good, Brett's injured, the rest may do him some good. Reellaaaxxx

Mark from Brisbane said:
There was enough venting on the game day thread last night to last a season.....I had a quick look about an hour after the game and said "enough for me good night"

You came back to look quicker than me Mark. I didn't come back to catch up on all of the Silvertails gossip until last night. :s

bennyeagle said:
I hardly think the Stewart brothers form is any reason to be depressed ! Glenn's attacks out, his defence is good, Brett's injured, the rest may do him some good. Reellaaaxxx
Stewart Bros are going ace. Just check out the Johns Bros for comparison.

SeaEagle21 said:
It is still early days, Glenn has only had a couple of games under his belt, not to mention missing the back end of the pre-season. Once he has a few more games and builds up his combination on the right side and fitness he will be fine. Last season Manly had the best right edge attack in the league hands down and Glenn was a big part of that. Teams learnt from last yr that if you shut down the right hand side you stifle Manly's attack. The problem is if the play was spread across the left flank which is just as dangerous it would open up some space for him to work with.

B.Stewart is B.Stewart, doesn't need to justify his place or influence because he is up there with the best in the business. Might have lost a bit of speed but he is still indespensible especially in covering/directing the defence.

Both still have a lot to offer and it's a knee jerk reaction to start questioning their value to our team. We may be in a bit of a rough patch but all teams go through them. No need to panic, this team is built to push on into September and on the bright side we are still towards the pointy end of the table.

Btw hello to my fellow MWSE supporters, first post out of the way :D

Great first post SeaEagle21 and welcome. Hopefully some of your positive posts will rob off on some of the "negative nancy's" on here.

*apologies to all the Nancy's out there*

Qn: CamSmith, are you the antimatter, good CamSmith to balance out the evil one in the universe?

My 2 cents: Brett S must have some pretty try assist and line break stats this year; don't worry he's going just fine when fit. Dropped speed a bit, and like all similar great players, gets more heavily marked as his career goes on and then uses this to the team's advantage.

Glenn S; give him a couple of weeks, it's the start of the year for him really.

It will be ok, gifty need to link to back behind ruck this has been non existant so far he does this alot with snake last year.

Snake said that he thought Gift came back too early and won't be good for another 2 weeks.

The Stewart Bros Era has brought us competition dominance and two premierships so far. The fans and the club owe them way more than they owe us and in my book they have earned the right to decide when the Stewart Bros Era comes to an end, even if that means allowing them to stay longer than some fans would have it.

Ralphie said:
The Stewart Bros Era has brought us competition dominance and two premierships so far. The fans and the club owe them way more than they owe us and in my book they have earned the right to decide when the Stewart Bros Era comes to an end, even if that means allowing them to stay longer than some fans would have it.

Well said ralphie!

it wouldve been a rough call to bring glen back through NSW Cup to get match fitness. he was definitely a little early, but watch him kill it through origin period. like Brett, his presence alone does alot in opposition minds.
as if he isn't going to be right up for a big game against the storm!
Watch him stand up this week.
Brett will be fine, blessing in disguise, as much as he deserves the extra origin $$, he's far more valuable fit at the right end of the season for us. hopefully this time off fixes his little hammy issue too.
wouldn't swap either of them for anyone else.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8