The Elephant in the room

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh by the way , the last time I posted something along this line I got a call from the club demanding I withdraw the claim, which at the time I did.

This time I’ll just ignore the call , I’m just a fan now and I answer to no one.

Note also I’m not pointing ANY fingers , I seriously don’t know.

BUT it’s bloody obvious isn’t it???
You don't know , but it's bloody obvious ???
Im really lost ?

Ther are not playing for each other and have looked a fractured playing group for some time.
Been a fractured playing group since DollarEvans signed his ridiculous contract, a blind monkey can see it. He divides fans and obviously divides the players. Him admitting that SuperCoach had a direct influence on how he played says everything, at the least strip his captaincy.

I don’t know what the issues are , so no blaming or shaming AND as I say not from within the camp so really could be just a made up rumour.

But you would have to say looking from the outside in it’s one of three, if true.

1) the coach
2) the big 3
3) absentee owners
As someone else said, all 3

Honestly mate, no point calling them because I feel sorry for the admin team that cop **** over things they have no control over.

But feel free to email our CEO, he’s the one that should be front and centre to cop the tough questions

[email protected]

Bragged to me about our player buying power:

Went from Thompson (rep player), to Davey
Went from AFB (rep player), to Aloiai
Went from Levi to....oh wait, they forgot that position
Went from Hopoate & Elliott to Saab and Tuipulotu
We had Cust, Croker, Schuster, Walker who play 5/8, what do we get? 5/8 in Foz

The results are in after two showings, and floggings.

You know the culture is not right when the star player, under an injury cloud for a few seasons already, gets into a drunken foot race in sneakers on a hard surface from a cold start weeks out from round 1.
I reckon Mr T would’ve given him a massive spay over that. It’s not the family T’s way we’ve come to expect.

Seriously, being unable to win is a big downer in a team sport. Our NRL side lost the winning feeling last year. Just look at Blacktown today, score a couple of tries and as someone said, it's as though they won the grand final.

Of course morale at Manly would be depressed, and any little grievances probably feel magnified in that situation. Don't you recall last year it was like the stuffing was knocked out them when Turbo went down again. Frustration set in, AFB was sent off for dissent, it fell apart towards the end. Then we have AFB leaving. Another police charge for one of the more popular squad members. Then another Turbo injury.
And we don't think there are still effects from the tragic death of young Titmus? At a training session??

I agree that the mental side of things in a footy club can spiral beyond a point where it can be fixed. When that happens, major change is required. But I don't think we're at that point, we have good players, and a good coach. We need a break, and a win. If this season goes down the gurgler then that's another matter,.
Meanwhile idle speculation that something's rotten in Denmark doesn't help us, so far as I can see.

I’ll be calling the club on Monday for some answers we should all give them a call so it’s crystal clear we won’t take this rubbish again this year

Mate, quote my numbers over the last 11 games ! See what he has to say for himself and the club.

Found it amazing Taupau had no idea about the win / loss record, and the defensive stats. What are they all doing at training, patting each other on the back for a job well done?

No wonder Thompson asked for an early release. And AFB wanted out. This team is a disgrace to the jersey and themselves (not just playing roster either)

Been a fractured playing group since DollarEvans signed his ridiculous contract, a blind monkey can see it. He divides fans and obviously divides the players. Him admitting that SuperCoach had a direct influence on how he played says everything, at the least strip his captaincy.
Why did it get to that position?

I think Manly’s problems are much deeper than that and have their genesis around the Superleague era. The club’s administration stayed loyal to the ARL and thus Arthurson, but it was probably a quixotic decision.

Around the same time Bob Carr decided to allow pokies into pubs, which hit an already ageing leagues club badly. The rest is history on that front.

The club has never taken full advantage of the opportunity offered by Norths’ demise. I don’t know if that is due to a lack of strategic vision, lack of money, or both. Probably both.

The usual array of massive egos off the field have unwittingly (or perhaps wittingly) played a role. Enough said. We know their names. More a bit later.

We had a 2005-14 renaissance, courtesy of a confluence of events after Fulton’s first bad choice as a replacement coach was eased and Hasler took over. A smart, united board and some savvy recruitment on and off the field, resulted in two more titles.

Then Des wanted out. Then the ownership wars started. One owner left and was replaced by another who also ran up against the Penns. The Penns won out. What a great outcome. The new coach had to go for backing the rival faction. Then someone decided Foran wanted to stay and DCE wanted to leave. See hozza’s post. Fulton was brought in and ‘masterminded’ a massive overs contract to keep the latter. Our cap has been constrained ever since.

Fulton brought in Barrett, a costly and failed experiment. He let Gutherson go. Apparently he had dodgy legs. Ironic. Wouldn’t he be handy right now?

Then Fulton apparently stuffed up on the 3rd party front. What a mess. Des came back. 2019 - was it a false dawn? The T Bros joined DCE in the millionaires’ club. Then COVID hit. The rules changed, the team was caught flat footed.

So we have arrived at the new reality. Will Manly-Warringah recover? I think so. But when, who knows.

Mate, quote my numbers over the last 11 games ! See what he has to say for himself and the club.

Found it amazing Taupau had no idea about the win / loss record, and the defensive stats. What are they all doing at training, patting each other on the back for a job well done?

No wonder Thompson asked for an early release. And AFB wanted out. This team is a disgrace to the jersey and themselves (not just playing roster either)
Tapau has never impressed me.

Why did it get to that position?

I think Manly’s problems are much deeper than that and have their genesis around the Superleague era. The club’s administration stayed loyal to the ARL and thus Arthurson, but it was probably a quixotic decision.

Around the same time Bob Carr decided to allow pokies into pubs, which hit an already ageing leagues club badly. The rest is history on that front.

The club has never taken full advantage of the opportunity offered by Norths’ demise. I don’t know if that is due to a lack of strategic vision, lack of money, or both. Probably both.

The usual array of massive egos off the field have unwittingly (or perhaps wittingly) played a role. Enough said. We know their names. More a bit later.

We had a 2005-14 renaissance, courtesy of a confluence of events after Fulton’s first bad choice as a replacement coach was eased and Hasler took over. A smart, united board and some savvy recruitment on and off the field, resulted in two more titles.

Then Des wanted out. Then the ownership wars started. One owner left and was replaced by another who also ran up against the Penns. The Penns won out. What a great outcome. The new coach had to go for backing the rival faction. Then someone decided Foran wanted to stay and DCE wanted to leave. See hozza’s post. Fulton was brought in and ‘masterminded’ a massive overs contract to keep the latter. Our cap has been constrained ever since.

Fulton brought in Barrett, a costly and failed experiment. He let Gutherson go. Apparently he had dodgy legs. Ironic. Wouldn’t he be handy right now?

Then Fulton apparently stuffed up on the 3rd party front. What a mess. Des came back. 2019 - was it a false dawn? The T Bros joined DCE in the millionaires’ club. Then COVID hit. The rules changed, the team was caught flat footed.

So we have arrived at the new reality. Will Manly-Warringah recover? I think so. But when, who knows.
Can’t argue with a lot of that Terry!

Des: "Revenge is a dish best served cold." - probably

Well you got it Des, bidded your time at bulldogs, sat in the wilderness for a while countimg your payout and now BOOM.

The players don’t look to be playing for each other.

The nepotism in the coaching ranks has been isn’t working.

Need Humpries and Penn to get their hands dirty and shake up the place, the players attitude and effort is horrible to watch.

I would start with by DCE as captain as no give it to Foran not Jake he needs a fire cracker up him also.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8