The doomsday POLL ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What SHOULD happen

• Desssie sacked and new coach sought

• Dessie given 8 weeks to fix

• Dessie moved to Football manager and new head coach

• Get rid of everybody and start again

• Dessie extended now for a further 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So ... what should happen ... NOT what you think will happen .. but what you want to happen ...

Mr Fluffy is a tight arse so Des will be here for most of season 23 UNLESS he walks.

I voted the 8 weeks as if we are 0-8 ( 15 straight losses ) Mr Fluffy will have no choice.

It would be nice to see Des as the football manager assisting an up and coming coach ( Hales maybe ) but we all know Des is a control freak so there’s no way that’s happening.

My main problem is ... that in 8 weeks, Dessie with a fit Tom, will no doubt improve the results on the field ... but does this fix the shiitefight that is the football dept and the backroom power struggle ?

History repeats

The problems of personality seem to be a carbon copy of what went wrong at Bulldogs .. and also attempt at curbing his power that saw him leave in 2011 ... won't go away because we win a few games ..

And his control freak ways won't change just because you change his title to football manager ... and for the life of me I can't see any established coach wanting to work under those conditions ..

Mr Fluffy is a tight arse so Des will be here for most of season 23 UNLESS he walks.

I voted the 8 weeks as if we are 0-8 ( 15 straight losses ) Mr Fluffy will have no choice.

It would be nice to see Des as the football manager assisting an up and coming coach ( Hales maybe ) but we all know Des is a control freak so there’s no way that’s happening.
0-8 next year...15 straight losses
god help us mate. we are Manly, not Wests

Des will drag us all down to hell with him

My main problem is ... that in 8 weeks, Dessie with a fit Tom, will no doubt improve the results on the field ... but does this fix the shiitefight that is the football dept and the backroom power struggle ?

History repeats

The problems of personality seem to be a carbon copy of what went wrong at Bulldogs .. and also attempt at curbing his power that saw him leave in 2011 ... won't go away because we win a few games ..

And his control freak ways won't change just because you change his title to football manager ... and for the life of me I can't see any established coach wanting to work under those conditions ..
Of course as someone once said... IYO. You really are insistent that he be sacked or leave. Again just asking for a friend which coach is the club bringing in or do you see them bringing in to replace him?

Of course as someone once said... IYO. You really are insistent that he be sacked or leave. Again just asking for a friend which coach is the club bringing in or do you see them bringing in to replace him?

So ... unless a 70 year living 700km from the nearest NRL ground .. can name the most suitable coach available ... IYO we should continue the process of self destruction ..

I don't know, but then again, it's not my job to know ..

What I will ask you is ... what other coach would have created the fukk fight we currently see ourselves in ..

I'd be ok with Des going if we had an experienced assistant from the club with a proven track record of results or a head coach from another club with the same, but we don't have that.

He got results with this team in 2021 so has the potential to do it again so is the best option (only) at the moment.

Hales hasn't done well at Blacktown so I don't see why he'd be the solution tbh.

0-8 next year...15 straight losses
god help us mate. we are Manly, not Wests

Des will drag us all down to hell with him
Did des drag us to hell until round 20 this year? Come on don’t buy into the hysteria. The problem is clearly so much more complex than a coach. Playing group factions, unideal core group of players, fulton nepotism, player-managers trying to influence team-selection and retention. But we still were finals bound until rd 20. Things just hit the fan at once and it snowballed. I fail to see how Des suddenly became the antichrist in rd 20.

I do, however, notice how easy it would be to make him a scapegoat

So ... unless a 70 year living 700km from the nearest NRL ground .. can name the most suitable coach available ... IYO we should continue the process of self destruction ..

I don't know, but then again, it's not my job to know ..

What I will ask you is ... what other coach would have created the fukk fight we currently see ourselves in ..
Not sure he has created all this. I don't know the facts behind it all. I don't know the facts around DCE and the COVID house. I don't know the facts around the gay pride fiasco. I do guess that Arko would have sacked those 10 on the spot - that is for sure. I don't know enough about the behind the scenes and who is leaking etc. But what I do know is fact is that there are very very limited if any quality coaches ready to step in and who will actually come to Manly. It is always good wanting to get rid of someone... and I would like DCE to move on but the same situation as Des... there simply is no better alternative for either that I can see at this time.

Can someone enlighten me on why Hales keeps getting mentioned...????
I've been wondering the same thing. Is it just coz he knew some of the Pacifica players in high school or something. I don't understand how that qualifies him for an NRL coaching job. Unless he has done more and I'm just not up on his history??

Not sure he has created all this. I don't know the facts behind it all. I don't know the facts around DCE and the COVID house. I don't know the facts around the gay pride fiasco. I do guess that Arko would have sacked those 10 on the spot - that is for sure. I don't know enough about the behind the scenes and who is leaking etc. But what I do know is fact is that there are very very limited if any quality coaches ready to step in and who will actually come to Manly. It is always good wanting to get rid of someone... and I would like DCE to move on but the same situation as Des... there simply is no better alternative for either that I can see at this time.

It's a good thing then that you are not running the club ... if your entire attitude is to put up with shiite ... simply because you don't think there are more than a handful of coaches in the entire world .. and they are already taken ..

Good heavens, we need people to stand up and make a difference ... not wally's saying it can't be done because there are no coaches available ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4