The doomsday POLL ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What SHOULD happen

• Desssie sacked and new coach sought

• Dessie given 8 weeks to fix

• Dessie moved to Football manager and new head coach

• Get rid of everybody and start again

• Dessie extended now for a further 2 years

Results are only viewable after voting.
So ... unless a 70 year living 700km from the nearest NRL ground .. can name the most suitable coach available ... IYO we should continue the process of self destruction ..

I don't know, but then again, it's not my job to know ..

What I will ask you is ... what other coach would have created the fukk fight we currently see ourselves in ..
and I certainly wasn't a supporter when he came back - I had a huge beef about what happened going to the Dogs and I didn't want a bar of him at all and said that many times on here so I am no Des fan or apologist.

It's a good thing then that you are not running the club ... if your entire attitude is to put up with shiite ... simply because you don't think there are more than a handful of coaches in the entire world .. and they are already taken ..

Good heavens, we need people to stand up and make a difference ... not wally's saying it can't be done because there are no coaches available ...
No problems... when there is a better alternative available I will be sure to express the opinion that he needs to be replaced. Replacing him could well see us with more of a disaster - ala Barrett. If Flannagan would come here I would support that begrudgingly given the Sharks fiasco but to me he is the only possible viable option.

Hales hasn't done well at Blacktown so I don't see why he'd be the solution tbh.
No one could be judged on what they did at Blacktown. The team isn't even really a reserve grade side yet, at the same time, the coach would have to work to the instructions of Des as to who plays where and how.

No one could be judged on what they did at Blacktown. The team isn't even really a reserve grade side yet, at the same time, the coach would have to work to the instructions of Des as to who plays where and how.
Right, I forgot about Blacktown. He took over from Ballen, right? But still ......

I like what is currently being reported in another thread...
Basically continue as is with no staff changes but no extension.
Can't believe that owners have taken heed of what happened at FleaBagz & not wanting to repeat.

Will it win us a premiership next year?
Highly doubt it. But it will allow us to reset & hopefully progress to addressing issues in a rational fashion. And hopefully make us a viable option for the next sucker coach :)

I like what is currently being reported in another thread...
Basically continue as is with no staff changes but no extension.
Can't believe that owners have taken heed of what happened at FleaBagz & not wanting to repeat.

Will it win us a premiership next year?
Highly doubt it. But it will allow us to reset & hopefully progress to addressing issues in a rational fashion. And hopefully make us a viable option for the next sucker coach :)
This will either go one of 2 ways
Either des brings the club together and we make the top 8
Or we finish same position next year or worse.
I hope des can bring us together but highly doubt it.

Sorry none of the above. I would retain Des but insist he uses a couple of decent young assistant coaches and ensure he listens to their advise. Something about old dogs and new tricks. As for the support staff, other than Scott Fulton's group, I'd be looking for new staff, for defense, attack, fitness. I'd also give him only 2023 to show the team is again competitive.

Sorry none of the above. I would retain Des but insist he uses a couple of decent young assistant coaches and ensure he listens to their advise. Something about old dogs and new tricks. As for the support staff, other than Scott Fulton's group, I'd be looking for new staff, for defense, attack, fitness. I'd also give him only 2023 to show the team is again competitive.

Yes ... but the point is .. would Duke Dessie accept your well intentioned "interference" in his Duchy ... history reveals that similar attempts were the cause of his defection in 2011, and the revolt and sacking at the Doggies .. and again now in 2022 ..

This is the 3rd time that a club has been brought to a shiitefight around the coaching of Dessie's .. he can't be the innocent victim in all 3 cases ... or even once ..

Did des drag us to hell until round 20 this year? Come on don’t buy into the hysteria. The problem is clearly so much more complex than a coach. Playing group factions, unideal core group of players, fulton nepotism, player-managers trying to influence team-selection and retention. But we still were finals bound until rd 20. Things just hit the fan at once and it snowballed. I fail to see how Des suddenly became the antichrist in rd 20.

I do, however, notice how easy it would be to make him a scapegoat
I've been thinking about this and I actually agree with you.
I've changed my mind.
YES, it's been too easy to make Des the scapegoat
And DCE for that matter too.

These two blokes actually care about the team...the footy is suffering, but I'm not gonna blame these guys as the reason anymore.

These two blokes actually care about the team...the footy is suffering, but I'm not gonna blame these guys as the reason anymore.
Not sure how we can tell if two blokes paid around a million a year each actually care or just do the job they're paid to do.
I feel like the old Des who ripped doors off and got apoloplectic in the coach's box cared, like we see from Ricky, Bellamy , and others. DCE has often said in our dreadful press conferences that it's just a game. Not sure that even the laid back Jamie Lyon ever uttered those words.

Dunno

Tight arse v tight arse. Penn will try to humiliate him with restrictions and hope Des walks and of course he won't without a pay out. 2023 to be a disaster.

I've been thinking about this and I actually agree with you.
I've changed my mind.
YES, it's been too easy to make Des the scapegoat
And DCE for that matter too.

Nice. To be honest I am in the same boat, it’s very hard to pick a side and stick with it when we only get a small glimpse into the club. Im a little unsold on dce and my thoughts on him constantly fluctuate, but if he does care about the club then sure, it would be important he is here. I know that Des is stubborn because he cares, and i’d rather that than a puppet coach succumbing to player-managers and divided boardroom demands.

At the end of the day im just hoping the right people remain :)

And the influence of certain people that do care aren’t undermined by factions on the side with self-serving motives

Not sure how we can tell if two blokes paid around a million a year each actually care or just do the job they're paid to do.
I feel like the old Des who ripped doors off and got apoloplectic in the coach's box cared, like we see from Ricky, Bellamy , and others. DCE has often said in our dreadful press conferences that it's just a game. Not sure that even the laid back Jamie Lyon ever uttered those words.

Dunno
fair enough mate.
I'm thinking that at least DCE turned up for mad monday
The ones who didn't...well they didn't even wanna have a beer and talk **** over, at least try to sort it out

fair enough mate.
I'm thinking that at least DCE turned up for mad monday
The ones who didn't...well they didn't even wanna have a beer and talk **** over, at least try to sort it out
But he didn't turn up for the Members watch the Players Train Day. Yes, he was injured for the game the next day. But the club captain should always be at something like that.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7