The Dead Wood needs to go!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought the pack had a reasonable dig tonight @The Royal Soup - all except Tuilagi - who for mine has been rubbish all year. I think it was @Ryan who was on point on that one with his worries re the signing. Been very dissapointed in him tbh.

Imo we got enough go forward, we just had no attacking options. Seriously Johns, Tui and Harper are not 1st grade quality and right now neither is Weekes. We scored one try off a forward barge over against the GC. The attack was unacceptable.
Our attack was non-existent, watching other teams, like sharks and rabbits just throw it along the backline and score try after try, so smooth, makes you wonder what goes on all week at training, what set moves do we practice, watching tonight can't be any.
Even in the last 10 when down by 10/12 and chasing points it was all one out hit ups then kick, whatever happened to throwing the ball around, frustrating to watch is an understatement.

Our attack was non-existent, watching other teams, like sharks and rabbits just throw it along the backline and score try after try, so smooth, makes you wonder what goes on all week at training, what set moves do we practice, watching tonight can't be any.
Even in the last 10 when down by 10/12 and chasing points it was all one out hit ups then kick, whatever happened to throwing the ball around, frustrating to watch is an understatement.
A different spine every week since rd 1 will do that to you. Compare that to the Broncs. They’ve had the same spine since rd 2 I think. Other than Fri when Mam was out

The weather may have played a part.

I thought the pack had a reasonable dig tonight @The Royal Soup - all except Tuilagi - who for mine has been rubbish all year. I think it was @Ryan who was on point on that one with his worries re the signing. Been very dissapointed in him tbh.

Imo we got enough go forward, we just had no attacking options. Seriously Johns, Tui and Harper are not 1st grade quality and right now neither is Weekes. We scored one try off a forward barge over against the GC. The attack was unacceptable.

Sorry mate, I haven't been watching the games, so can't comment. Hope y'all well.

Secondly, what's doing with our recruitment? Condon, Tuilagi, Johns, Woods, Flannagan, Roache,Talau etc: we trying to amass the biggest bunch of washed up cast offs in the NRL haha.

Pretty sure every other grade is arse, too.

Last edited:

Agree about the pack playing well (except Tuilugi) but we lost any hope when we started using the bench. Complete opposite of what happened vs Storm. Sipley left me speechless and should be dropped, Keppie redeemed himself by scoring a try but poor discipline is not good enough.

Sorry mate, I haven't been watching the games, so can't comment. Hope y'all well.

Secondly, what's doing with our recruitment? Condon, Tuilagi, Johns, Woods, Flannagan, Roache,Talau etc: we trying to amass the biggest bunch of washed up cast offs in the NRL haha.

Pretty sure every other grade is arse, too.
Why aren't you watching the games?

Here is a potential side i have selected after getting rid of all the "dead wood"

13 Jake Trbojevic.

This side doesnt rely on its bench or a fullback that plays sometimes. The biggest problem is the Origin period and if injury strikes.

The biggest positive will be the amount of Cap space we have available.

Why aren't you watching the games?
A mixture of everything mate:
1. I was embarrassed and ashamed at how the club was a no show for Ken with Barb at the worst possible time.
2. General disconnect with the playing group. Guys like Aloiai & others. Gone are the days of Beaver, Killer and Snake, put it that way. The characters are gone, and there's 0 passion or pride in our jersey.
3. This community just isn't what it used to be. Just being honest. At the worst of times, we'd default to each other and have a great time.
4. The product on the field and roster in my view is arse, and that's putting it kindly. Just boring to watch. We are so far behind the eightball it isn't funny. The few wins to start the season is an illusion. Don't take my word for it, you'll see.
5. Other sports in my view (NHL, EPL, AFL) seem to be more enjoyable to watch.
6. Life. So many better things to do than invest in this sub par product. Have to get fit as hell again.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be a Manly fan until the day I die, but the current crop of players are extremely unlikable to me (most of them). Players like Reuben and Jake being the diamonds in the rough obviously).

Anyways, I was second guessing telling you the truth of it, knowing the nastiness around here, but it is what it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8