The DCE on Sterlo Show game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've thought for a long time that DCE is overrated.

He was dynamic in his rookie season of 2011 and deserved the praise he was getting.

He was relatively quiet in 2012 and suffered a minor case of second year syndrome.

2013 I thought he came good at the business end of the year and played that great semi-final against Souths, before a dubious Churchhill Medal was awarded to him on GF day.

I thought he was very average for most of last year, aside from a bumper game against the Bulldogs, and a stroll in the park against a lowly Raiders side at Brookie.

He was poor for QLD, and average for Australia in the 4 nations.

I do think he is a quality player, but nowhere near 1 million a season. I've seen plenty of better halves over the years, and rank DCE along side the likes of Brent Sherwin, and Mitchell Pearce, rather than Thurston and Cronk.

That's a pretty fair assessment @Snake, although I would rate DCE above Brett Sherwin.
Mitchell Pearce has actually improved out of sight imo since he got dropped from Origin and based on that I would rate him in the same class as DCE.

I've thought for a long time that DCE is overrated.

He was dynamic in his rookie season of 2011 and deserved the praise he was getting.

He was relatively quiet in 2012 and suffered a minor case of second year syndrome.

2013 I thought he came good at the business end of the year and played that great semi-final against Souths, before a dubious Churchhill Medal was awarded to him on GF day.

I thought he was very average for most of last year, aside from a bumper game against the Bulldogs, and a stroll in the park against a lowly Raiders side at Brookie.

He was poor for QLD, and average for Australia in the 4 nations.

I do think he is a quality player, but nowhere near 1 million a season. I've seen plenty of better halves over the years, and rank DCE along side the likes of Brent Sherwin, and Mitchell Pearce, rather than Thurston and Cronk.
Very good assessment-I agree. Pretty sure it's spot on that he had a lot of good players surrounding him. No way is he even close to 1 million a season and I think we were lucky to dodge a bullet paying that for him. BTW, same goes for KF-just not worth the money. $500K would pull them both up IMO. DCE does have marketability bonus points though.

I've always been a Coke man.
Very good assessment-I agree. Pretty sure it's spot on that he had a lot of good players surrounding him. No way is he even close to 1 million a season and I think we were lucky to dodge a bullet paying that for him. BTW, same goes for KF-just not worth the money. $500K would pull them both up IMO. DCE does have marketability bonus points though.
The bonus with Foz is he doesn't play SOO so you get three extra games potentially every year.

Will be interesting to see how they'd fare without internationals outside them at every spot...

There is a direct correlation between a players perceived worth and who is signed for....

There is a direct correlation between a players perceived worth and who is signed for....

I agree and unfortunately we are entering a period when we will have 2 pay overs 2 get any quality. For the last 10 years players were desperate 2 play for us so we could pay unders not now. We can't even hold our own halves very disappointing.

Hopa isn't worth the 800k that the Eels paid to get him from Manly either@:rolleyes:

Manly should get an Apple Inc Sponsorship as our Players are seen as a must-have-luxury @:cool:

That's it-good management works out a players market worth (and to our particular team requirements) and goes forth into the marketplace to procure. Paying overs should not be a requirement for such a successful club such as ours. Providing we can sort out some of the toxicity in the media, players should be jumping through hoops to play for us. We just saved 1 million on DCE, let's spend it wisely.
Footnote: Because of what we were gearing up to pay DCE/Foz, we are loaded with some excess deadwood at the moment...that's life until we get our **** together

Back to quotes:

"They pumped something through the air conditioning and got me high as a kite. Even worse than at Cronulla. I didn't know what I was doing. I want to stay with Manly. Why would I want to sign with that ridiculous club? It's career suicide!!"

Looks like I am the only legitimate entry so far.
I hope I at least get a "Manly hates you too" T-Shirt - Medium size please

I'll take:

"To play in Queensland" - 3 points
"I have enjoyed my time at Manly" - 3 points
"I respect Geoff Toovey" - 4 points
"Not about the money" - 4 points
"It was a very difficult decision" - 1 point

Thank you kindly for the opportunity.

NYEagle

+ a few of my own

"I'm upset at how this played out in the media"
"I need to be close to family in Queensland"
"I'm committed to Manly this year"
"I still think there is a great culture and Manly (not that I give a **** - opps sorry I shouldn't include his thoughts)"
"this is a once in a lifetime opportunity"
"I'm a professional"

I'll let you assign values to these Mark since you make the rules.

NYEagle

Ok, i will go with these

My family comes first" - 1 point
"It was a very difficult decision" - 1 point
"New challenge" - 2 points
"Chance to head home" - 3 points
"Not about the money" - 4 points

I'll go with because I wasn't offered what I thought I was worth at my current club and got way better offers so I'm leaving. If he say's that I'll respect him more because it is the truth.

10 points for:
"I really enjoyed the negotiation process."

On his value as a player - anyone downgrading him is kidding themselves. He has an excellent kicking game, can make a break and run the length of the field, can pass both sides, is a tough defender, can slot field goals, basically he can do it all. Glad we will have had him at least for the first 5 years of his career.

But the Titans payed overs and we dodged a bullet...
I think the titans did over pay him (did what they had 2 get him) imo we ****ed up we under valued him and will regret it for years 2 come in all honesty. Maybe the new owner could have upped the offer a bit but they seem busy on stadiums and 10 year plans.

Last edited:
I'm following the footsteps of my heroes Ronny Gibbs and rowdy shearer whose careers shone once they left manly and moved north. Rambo even got promised some property up there in the gold coast. I got off to a good start having a secret meeting at a car dealership. My kids can go to an overpriced private school. Unfortunately as a Titans player I am unable to enter the school grounds. Sure the south Qld naplan results are nowhere near as good as the north side of Sydney's, but as a footy player I realistically don't care about academic results.

"There's less of a drinking culture at the Titans" (1mil points)

(They just have white line fever) :giggle:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4