• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ben

Bencher
Geez I can’t wait to see the back of his contract. We all know DCE is a great player on his day but we really haven’t got return on investment. To win only one finals game since 2013 is atrocious for a marquee player while soaking up such a big chunk of our cap.
It’s seems he is common denominator with heads butting at the club time after time.

He needs to go

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Respect your view @Disco but in my opinion ( means nothing), that’s complete rubbish.

In 2011 he had his hand out, didn’t train like a baby man until he got what he wanted. A blind wombat could of been our halfback that year and we would have won.

Again in 2015 contract drama. Yes the club offered the huge ridiculous offer, he still accepted.

And now 2022 again by reports ( if true) he’s on the same money. At no stage has this money grabber once said- no, no, I’ll take unders to strengthen the squad. To win a comp! Not once!

And before anyone comes up with the complete and utter dribble that nobody takes unders.
2007-2013 squad was built on guys taking unders at certain times. Dce has HAD his payday, he could of taken just a little less. Maybe we keep Foran if he does? Or Davey?

And let’s not forget the great man Steven Beaver Menzies and the times he knocked back Parramatta for MUCH Bigger money. Why? Cause he loved Manly and loved winning.
As I said....I'm talking this renewal.

The examples you mentioned are players accepting offers of less value to stay and kept the team together.

I'm yet to hear of a player actively negotiating down an offer.

This is all speculation though, we dont actually know what he is on in the new deal, what the initial offer and ask was, how the negotiations went etc etc so moot point

hozza

Bencher
As I said....I'm talking this renewal.

The examples you mentioned are players accepting offers of less value to stay and kept the team together.

I'm yet to hear of a player actively negotiating down an offer.

This is all speculation though, we dont actually know what he is on in the new deal, what the initial offer and ask was, how the negotiations went etc etc so moot point
Mate back then it would of been a case of Des pulling a player in, say Gifty and having a chat.

Des- Hey gifty, mate I really need you to take a touch less than what you could probably get. I really think we can win a comp.
Gifty- Dessie all I want is to win a comp, just give me a little sugar on top next contract.

Something like that. And they all took unders at certain stages. All of them. Cam Smith on radio also agreed to win a comp you need to take unders at certain stages of your career.
Nothing is stopping the money grabber to instruct his manager to indicate that he’s willing to take less to win a comp. Nothing.

Agree that his new contract, it’s all speculation..

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Mate back then it would of been a case of Des pulling a player in, say Gifty and having a chat.

Des- Hey gifty, mate I really need you to take a touch less than what you could probably get. I really think we can win a comp.
Gifty- Dessie all I want is to win a comp, just give me a little sugar on top next contract.

Something like that. And they all took unders at certain stages. All of them. Cam Smith on radio also agreed to win a comp you need to take unders at certain stages of your career.
Nothing is stopping the money grabber to instruct his manager to indicate that he’s willing to take less to win a comp. Nothing.

Agree that his new contract, it’s all speculation..
Which of Cam Smith concurrent contracts did he ever take unders on 😂😂😂

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The players were so disgusted about the special treatment being dished out last year, that they went on a huge run and made the Prelim Final, **** what an issue it was that completely tore the playing group apart …

All this talk of his big money contract is hilarious as well, people lap it up as he is being paid that, because Buzz and co said so. Do you think every contract registered goes through the journos so they can have the exact amounts ? How much of that amount are TPAs ? how much of that amount is out of the marquee player pool ? Is there still a long service discount ? Don’t have to go back too long to hear Watmough was apparently on massive coin, but someone saw his actual contract and it was nowhere near it

Said it in another thread, all the anti DCE mob should be careful, if they think results are average now, their heads would be exploding at the results without him

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The players were so disgusted about the special treatment being dished out last year, that they went on a huge run and made the Prelim Final, **** what an issue it was that completely tore the playing group apart …

All this talk of his big money contract is hilarious as well, people lap it up as he is being paid that, because Buzz and co said so. Do you think every contract registered goes through the journos so they can have the exact amounts ? How much of that amount are TPAs ? how much of that amount is out of the marquee player pool ? Is there still a long service discount ? Don’t have to go back too long to hear Watmough was apparently on massive coin, but someone saw his actual contract and it was nowhere near it

Said it in another thread, all the anti DCE mob should be careful, if they think results are average now, their heads would be exploding at the results without him
He won't be going anywhere. Not even Bennett would pay that freight for a polariser. He just needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Relieved of the captaincy for starters and pulled into line with some hard truths about his aloof , sh*t don't stink attitude.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
He won't be going anywhere. Not even Bennett would pay that freight for a polariser. He just needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Relieved of the captaincy for starters and pulled into line with some hard truths about his aloof , sh*t don't stink attitude.

Are these the hard truths that are required because the journos say so ? After a decade of playing he is now considered aloof because one of that mob found their dictionary last night lol

I don’t know him at all, as is the case with nearly everyone on this site, and the journos probably know about as much behind the scenes as we do. If he was this terrible character, I doubt he would be so popular with the current rep playing groups as he appears to be

hozza

Bencher

Yeah your right, let’s just say for shiits and giggles we got rid of him last year….
We could have got Nico Hynes back to the fold, maybe an extra forward….. yeah rubbish player. Oh wait. Haha

Don’t give DCE his whale contract.
Could of got say ohhh I don’t know, let’s say Maloney and Townsend. Reportly 700k and 800k. Discussed in earlier in this thread. Yeah rubbish combination……. Ohhhhhh wait. Both there premiership rings say hello. So do all the players that don’t hate them. Hi🤣

There are always always always options, players begging for the opportunity to step up. Team harmony alone is reason enough to to rid of this fanboy favourite protected koala. DCE leaves the sky won’t fall in.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Are these the hard truths that are required because the journos say so ? After a decade of playing he is now considered aloof because one of that mob found their dictionary last night lol

I don’t know him at all, as is the case with nearly everyone on this site, and the journos probably know about as much behind the scenes as we do. If he was this terrible character, I doubt he would be so popular with the current rep playing groups as he appears to be
I'm not saying that all the dribble being served up by the media clowns is true but there's a lot of evidence over the years that DCE is not an inspiring , follow me over the trenches leader whose only purpose is to serve the club and fellow players first. Nothing like captains like Lyon, Toovey, Kennedy.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I'm not saying that all the dribble being served up by the media clowns is true but there's a lot of evidence over the years that DCE is not an inspiring , follow me over the trenches leader whose only purpose is to serve the club and fellow players first. Nothing like captains like Lyon, Toovey, Kennedy.

Yeah that’s fair, but all I have heard from 2015 until the last few days, is that he is very popular with the playing group

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes certainly not as skilled but plays with heart. I will check out some of his UK highlights
I have watched quite a few the Wigan Warriors with Cade and the games I have seen he was fantastic ,great defence ,and kicking and passing game from what I saw .We could do alot worse if we are DCE less .Again like a lot of these younger players they need to be given a go and a fair chance not just 1 game and then dropped , something I believe he never truley got for various reasons i.e injury and circumstance

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Yeah your right, let’s just say for shiits and giggles we got rid of him last year….
We could have got Nico Hynes back to the fold, maybe an extra forward….. yeah rubbish player. Oh wait. Haha

Don’t give DCE his whale contract.
Could of got say ohhh I don’t know, let’s say Maloney and Townsend. Reportly 700k and 800k. Discussed in earlier in this thread. Yeah rubbish combination……. Ohhhhhh wait. Both there premiership rings say hello. So do all the players that don’t hate them. Hi🤣

There are always always always options, players begging for the opportunity to step up. Team harmony alone is reason enough to to rid of this fanboy favourite protected koala. DCE leaves the sky won’t fall in.

DCE has a Premiership Ring, a Churchill Medal, A Dally M halfback of the year as well as rep captaincy wins that say hi as well, not really sure what the point is there. If we had have signed Townsend everyone would have been blowing up about getting a guy that was playing reserve grade at the Sharks at the time …

Hynes has had a great year, the Sharks have made a very nice run this year into the finals on the back of a reasonable healthy squad and a nice draw that has seen them play every side that missed the 8 twice. Similar was said about our run last season when DCE was 3rd in the Dally M voting where Hynes will probably be later in the year and we went as far as the last 4 which the Sharks may do this weekend

The end of the season was ordinary as everyone knows, but I don’t think any combination of 2 players you could supposedly have purchased would have made any difference when outside of the halves, the rest of the squad was hammered by injuries with an entire 1-5 being injured including 1 of the best players in rugby league and half the forward pack out as well

If we have a look around at how crucial injuries can be, remember how 10-12 weeks into the season everyone was saying it was a 2 horse race as nobody could get near Penrith and the Storm ? The Storm with their great system lost Papenhuysen along with some other outside backs and have limped home over the last half of the comp to drop back to 5th, this is with supposedly the gun halve in Munster playing in the side alongside Hughes who has missed a few games

Last edited:

hozza

Bencher
DCE has a Premiership Ring, a Churchill Medal, A Dally M halfback of the year as well as rep captaincy wins that say hi as well, not really sure what the point is there. If we had have signed Townsend everyone would have been blowing up about getting a guy that was playing reserve grade at the Sharks at the time …

Hynes has had a great year, the Sharks have made a very nice run this year into the finals on the back of a reasonable healthy squad and a nice draw that has seen them play every side that missed the 8 twice. Similar was said about our run last season when DCE was 3rd in the Dally M voting where Hynes will probably be later in the year …

The end of the season was ordinary as everyone knows, but I don’t think any combination of 2 players you could supposedly have purchased would have made any difference when outside of the halves, the rest of the squad was hammered by injuries with an entire 1-5 being injured including 1 of the best players in rugby league and half the forward pack out as well

If we have a look around at how crucial injuries can be, remember how 10-12 weeks into the season everyone was saying it was a 2 horse race as nobody could get near Penrith and the Storm ? The Storm with their great system lost Papenhuysen along with some other outside backs and have limped home over the last half of the comp to drop back to 5th, this is with supposedly the gun halve in Munster playing in the side alongside Hughes who has missed a few games
A premiership ring on the back of a golden generation, a Churchill medal that he shouldn’t have got/ pretty sure Bozo was a judge. And could not give a single fuk about his rubbish rep honours.

And last year?? Your giving Dce raps for it??? Rubbish, laughable. Turbo had a year that may never ever be matched, out of this world. He won the Dally M despite missing what 5-6 games. Jerry the blind wombat at the local zoo could of sat comfortably on his coattails!

And what about the players that hate him?
Yeah rubbish as well….
Mason on record hating on him and saying he divided the playing group…. Again.
Watmough on record calling him a fukwit
Clear problems with the golden generation
AFB hates him.
Problems with the Turbos amongst others( watch the games mate, nobody talks to him!)
Yeah none of them have any footy IQ and definitely didn’t play in teams that won!!!!!

But let me guess it’s all a massive conspiracy, none of them are telling the truth. All liars every single one of them….

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
A premiership ring on the back of a golden generation, a Churchill medal that he shouldn’t have got/ pretty sure Bozo was a judge. And could not give a single fuk about his rubbish rep honours.

And last year?? Your giving Dce raps for it??? Rubbish, laughable. Turbo had a year that may never ever be matched, out of this world. He won the Dally M despite missing what 5-6 games. Jerry the blind wombat at the local zoo could of sat comfortably on his coattails!

And what about the players that hate him?
Yeah rubbish as well….
Mason on record hating on him and saying he divided the playing group…. Again.
Watmough on record calling him a fukwit
Clear problems with the golden generation
AFB hates him.
Problems with the Turbos amongst others( watch the games mate, nobody talks to him!)
Yeah none of them have any footy IQ and definitely didn’t play in teams that won!!!!!

But let me guess it’s all a massive conspiracy, none of them are telling the truth. All liars every single one of them….

Lol, completely unbiased appraisal there isn’t it, everything he achieved in his career he didn’t play any part in himself, somehow the greats of the game that pick rep sides off NRL form must know absolutely nothing because he is such a woeful player

Not all players have to love someone, we don’t know the inner workings but go back as far as you like and every great side has probably had blokes that don’t get along, Didn’t the majority of the Parra players in the 80s dislike Price ? I know for a fact that Ridgey wasn’t overly popular with some when he was at Manly, but he was class. If we look at the blokes named, Big Willie I like, but hardly an enormous role model off the field, Watmough one of my favourites ever but again no choir boy and AFB has a record of belting females and calling refs retards, could probably pick better characters if looking to make an attack on someone’s character

Do I think he is Manlys best ever halfback ? No

Do I think he produces to the best of his ability weekly ? No

Is he a genuinely good NRL halfback ? Yes

Are there a lot of those running around at the moment ? No

This isn’t aimed at you specifically, but I find the constant barrage of vitriol, name calling and attacks on him pathetic and disgraceful, especially in wake of what we have just witnessed with Paul Green, and is a major reason why I barely find time to read the comments on here very often these days

Hynes has had a great year, the Sharks have made a very nice run this year into the finals on the back of a reasonable healthy squad and a nice draw that has seen them play every side that missed the 8 twice. Similar was said about our run last season when DCE was 3rd in the Dally M voting where Hynes will probably be later in the year and we went as far as the last 4 which the Sharks may do this weekend

Look my view of DCE is that with a forward pack on the front foot there are few halves as good as he is. When the forward back is struggling - he struggles. He is not a dominant leader and is not a half to direct the team around and lead from the front. He loves to play adhoc footy and at that he is fabulous. This year it was Foran who tried to do that role but I don't think he quite grabbed the team by the throat and said follow me... DCE's spectre was there and so Foran was amazing and all effort but I think under played his team direction role. If our forwards are going forward DCE is worth every cent of $1.2 million but when they struggle he is probably worth $300k. When is the last time DCE put Manly on his back when the chips were down... the forwards going nowhere all day and he had an inspired 80 minute effort to lift us to victory.... not sure I can remember anything like that. I think that is the main worry with DCE right now.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Look my view of DCE is that with a forward pack on the front foot there are few halves as good as he is. When the forward back is struggling - he struggles. He is not a dominant leader and is not a half to direct the team around and lead from the front. He loves to play adhoc footy and at that he is fabulous. This year it was Foran who tried to do that role but I don't think he quite grabbed the team by the throat and said follow me... DCE's spectre was there and so Foran was amazing and all effort but I think under played his team direction role. If our forwards are going forward DCE is worth every cent of $1.2 million but when they struggle he is probably worth $300k. When is the last time DCE put Manly on his back when the chips were down... the forwards going nowhere all day and he had an inspired 80 minute effort to lift us to victory.... not sure I can remember anything like that. I think that is the main worry with DCE right now.

I don’t disagree with all of that, and that is a pretty common issue that all halfbacks have that aren’t absolute top liners, which is where the debate can enter the fray about reported pay packets. He frustrates me at times as well, especially when a few years back he was outstanding at getting a repeat set and now he never tries it which drives me insane. But there is a genuine issue with the depth of halfbacks in the NRL at the moment, and while he have one, I wouldn’t want to let him go

Just for that last point, I can give you that game, Canberra at Brookie earlier in the season, it was the best kicking display I have seen from a Manly halfback and he absolutely kicked them to death including a 20/40 and a 40/20

hozza

Bencher
Lol, completely unbiased appraisal there isn’t it, everything he achieved in his career he didn’t play any part in himself, somehow the greats of the game that pick rep sides off NRL form must know absolutely nothing because he is such a woeful player

Not all players have to love someone, we don’t know the inner workings but go back as far as you like and every great side has probably had blokes that don’t get along, Didn’t the majority of the Parra players in the 80s dislike Price ? I know for a fact that Ridgey wasn’t overly popular with some when he was at Manly, but he was class. If we look at the blokes named, Big Willie I like, but hardly an enormous role model off the field, Watmough one of my favourites ever but again no choir boy and AFB has a record of belting females and calling refs retards, could probably pick better characters if looking to make an attack on someone’s character

Do I think he is Manlys best ever halfback ? No

Do I think he produces to the best of his ability weekly ? No

Is he a genuinely good NRL halfback ? Yes

Are there a lot of those running around at the moment ? No

This isn’t aimed at you specifically, but I find the constant barrage of vitriol, name calling and attacks on him pathetic and disgraceful, especially in wake of what we have just witnessed with Paul Green, and is a major reason why I barely find time to read the comments on here very often these days
Kiwi I didn’t say they weren’t grubs. But they were liked, more importantly respected.
And at certain times Mason and Watmough were on top of the league in there respective positions. AFB is a fair point..

Fair points again with some of the things said on here, i myself probably go a bit far. But it’s passion and frustration. As far as DCE goes on a personal level, good luck to him. Professional level, got zero respect for him, overpaid and underperforming. Woeful no, but very very very overrated.

But it’s just my opinion ( again means zero). I just want us to contend again.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16