The crackdown & milking penalties

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as I hate it, we almost need to get with the program, and milk just as hard as Newcastle did yesterday. I don't want to, but it cost us 3 penalties, and at least 1 sin bin yesterday.....but it's not the Manly way.

Jake, Tom and Marty all copped high shots, and didn't bat an eyelid.

We certainly need to get smarter with the holding up of play for an "injured" player on tackle 2 when the opposition are rucking the ball out of their own end.

Newcastle did it 3 times yesterday, all killed all momentum, again.
“Not the Manly way” you say?Someone must of forgotten to give that philosophy to Harper yesterday

The other thing they need to clamp down on is trainers holding up play for an "injured" player when the rule is they have to leave the field.

Happened to us yesterday and the ref did nothing.

Completely agree - we got done by that twice yesterday...though I seem to believe we did the same the week before

It is cynical and not in the spirit the majority of right minded supporters want to see this game played

And you know the other thing playing at home we must be very vocal as supporters with the new rules I bet you anything a few of the send off's across the round are home team driven can't prove it but I bet it has happened.
A multi factoral study would be interesting

1 - Send offs for home and away (Magic round makes the data currently non-representative)
2 - on report v sin bin H&W
3 - Score line and time of match for the decision
4 Decibels from crowd

Im sure there is more but for certain I know this is a start of a study

My simple solutions and this can all be implemented this weekend...
-5 minute sin bins
-Only the bad ones are sin bin
-The really bad are send offs
  • If Milking for a head high that player has to go for a HIA AND the high shot has to be a sin bin offence to overrule the "play on" call by the ref (English Super League do this)
  • Bunker can alert the ref to put a player on report for an earlier offence BUT they CANNOT go back 3 or 4 tackles for a penalty.
Pretty simple really! How can the people on charge make such a massive call on how the game is played and are not able to use common sense in the way it us ruled??? It honestly baffles me!!!!

My simple solutions and this can all be implemented this weekend...
-5 minute sin bins
-Only the bad ones are sin bin
-The really bad are send offs
  • If Milking for a head high that player has to go for a HIA AND the high shot has to be a sin bin offence to overrule the "play on" call by the ref (English Super League do this)
  • Bunker can alert the ref to put a player on report for an earlier offence BUT they CANNOT go back 3 or 4 tackles for a penalty.
Pretty simple really! How can the people on charge make such a massive call on how the game is played and are not able to use common sense in the way it us ruled??? It honestly baffles me!!!!
and what about the "Crusher' fakers?
Shouldn't they have to go off for a spinal assessment?

The NRL are to be applauded for something about head high tackles etc.

This is now being exploited by cynical coaches and players who are instructed to lay down, clutch their necks and be rewarded by a gullible referee.

We now have players actively trying their best to get opposition players sent to the bin, waving 10 fingers at the referee. It is a blight on the game and cynical gamesmanship like this should not be rewarded.

The NRL have created more problems by trying to solve this issue and they need to urgently find a balance as games are now punctuated by the bunker making retrospective decisions and the inconsistency is leading to frustration across the game.

We saw it yesterday how Marty is hit high, we get NO penalty and Frizzell is only put on report, yet Marty is binned, we lose a guy, they get a penalty, drove me nuts those decisions!
You're exactly right. Yesterday when Marty got sent to the bin, a few tackles and change of possession later than the incident (non), then Newcastle players were high-fiving and celebrating like they'd just scored an amazing try.
Celebrating an opposition player going to bin the same way you'd celebrate a great play is a terrible look for the game.
I still can't believe what happened out there yesterday.

You're exactly right. Yesterday when Marty got sent to the bin, a couple of sets and change of possession later than the incident (non), then Newcastle players were high-fiving and celebrating like they'd just scored an amazing try.
Celebrating an opposition player going to bin the same way you'd celebrate a great play is a terrible look for the game.
And such a shame we only play them once this year. I would to see come down to Brookvale and try what they did yesterday here.

such a opportunity lost yesterday but I know and we know that wasn’t what we are known for how we played yesterday.

You're exactly right. Yesterday when Marty got sent to the bin, a few tackles and change of possession later than the incident (non), then Newcastle players were high-fiving and celebrating like they'd just scored an amazing try.
Its cynical and it needs to be expunged from the game ASAP otherwise we are going to be watching 10 aside games for the foreseeable future!

As I said back in early May, the new technique being taught," hold the ball with one hand and clutch at ..the neck......the head......the throat, preferably looking head on to the camera, Some Premier League acting going on"

Just saw a grab of Annesley’s Monday dribble fest and he defended the inconsistencies as “every incident is different”.

Just amazing but he is 100% consistent in the garbage he expects the public to believe.

I really hope Manly don't resort to the cheating.
Also, how can a player pass his HIA and then have to call time off 5 minutes later when the opposition is on an attacking raid.
Cheating.

Players are crueling eachother off field now. Mimimum wage is 110 k or about 2 k a week. Young players are being fined for the dog act of milking and its costing families.

Players who recieve multiple sanctions contracts will fall from being a liability

I get we are stopping head shots for safety but dog acts creeping into the game is not what team sports need. If these things go on for years players changing clubs will be interesting

At what point do we go from gamesmanship to just being an A hole and being known for it.

The last thing we need to be doing is joining the milking bandwagon because that is the next thing the NRL will be looking at. There is no long term future in that. The manly players need to be stronger under adversity. The game yesterday against Newcastle was a disgrace as far as the way it was handled by the refs. To start milking penalties now would be a disaster. I said it before, todays game might as well be run by the mafia and shown on crimewatch because quite frankly I have never witnessed a game that has been so one sided since 1972. I am pissed off at every part of yesterdays game and would not wish that on any side. I am getting to the stage where I am ready to pack rugby league in completely.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6