The conspiracy theory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just so I am clear, rather than the ref's being generally incompetent at their job, the belief is the NRL has gotten together with a number of referees to predetermine the outcome of the season?

Really?

lsz said:
Just so I am clear, rather than the ref's being generally incompetent at their job, the belief is the NRL has gotten together with a number of referees to predetermine the outcome of the season?

Really?

I for one cannot buy that either. But it is getting harder and harder to maintain that view based on referee's calls and the comments made by very high-profile coaches and players who can say these things and not get fined.

Whereas if a certain coach asks for an investigation he cops a $10k fine.

Further the conspirators would have had plenty of ammunition when Manly seemed to get a fair shake against the sharks in the refereeing department. It will be interesting to see if we get a similar fair shake when we play souths.

It could be argued that the NRL wanted the sharks to lose to appease the Qldanders who wrongly won against the cowboys on a 7th tackle play.

I don't think there is a conspiracy for a South v Easts grand-final but only time will tell what the referees did in the preceding week to orchestrate that outcome.

I for one think it will be a South v East grand-final but fervently hope it will be a Manly v Newcastle one.

Daddy cool, there was a very interesting article regarding the penalty counts of certain referees, in particular Shayne Hayne, when refereeing Souths matches recently in the SMH. The article was written by Masters, not a particular Manly devotee. His point was that it seems suspicious that the penalty counts can be so consistently against the teams that play Souths when certain refs are in control. Now is the fix orchestrated by the NRL? Doubtful, but the fact that it's being discussed at all is unsettling. I've been banging a drum about unconscious bias at work here, and perhaps the 'Integrity Unit' of the NRL should get involved.

DSM5 said:
Daddy cool, there was a very interesting article regarding the penalty counts of certain referees, in particular Shayne Hayne, when refereeing Souths matches recently in the SMH. The article was written by Masters, not a particular Manly devotee. His point was that it seems suspicious that the penalty counts can be so consistently against the teams that play Souths when certain refs are in control. Now is the fix orchestrated by the NRL? Doubtful, but the fact that it's being discussed at all is unsettling. I've been banging a drum about unconscious bias at work here, and perhaps the 'Integrity Unit' of the NRL should get involved.

Well they got rid of Melbourne , now they need to get rid of Manly, then everyone will be happy that its not the same old boring GF as it has been so often.

A Rooster v Souths GF means everyone wins!!

What conspiracy theory ???

Souths get a lot of penalties because their team puts so much pressure on the opposition. Nevertheless, the point about 'unconscious bias' is valid and significant.

I thought Melbourne were never given a chance against the bunnies. I can't believe Bellyache didn't fire up after that one. Refs are only human and if they are slighted by players in previous games then I guess they will harbour grudges against certain players no matter what. I don't like captains whinging in ref's ears. Give them a Captain's call so the play can be reviewed would be my preference.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2