The Clean Out 2024 Post

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagle 1

First Grader
You are right about no clean out. Realistically Lawton goes next year and Aloiai won't be re-signed when his contract expires. That's probably it in terms of the top 17.

Seibold has gambled on experience and an attack-first mindset. But you win games these days with defence and young fast guys, sprinkled with some guys with experience to hold things together.
Not so fast on Aloiai, he's playing some really tough footy for us this season and wouldn't surprise me if we sign him up on a new slightly redused deal.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jake looked cooked against the donkeys. So slow. He just has Zero impact apart from defend the ruck. Just jogs around. Has no other gear. His best days are behind him.
I agree but until we can have someone else who completes 45-50 effective tackles per game we need him, as prop maybe Burbo to lock until the young reggies lock is ready.

Rocky

Bencher
Not so fast on Aloiai, he's playing some really tough footy for us this season and wouldn't surprise me if we sign him up on a new slightly redused deal.
I've actually defended Aloiai a bit on here and think he is playing well this year.

Happy to have him around at the right price but i reckon he won't stay beyond this contract.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Just over 3 weeks ago we had just come off an undefeated month of football and many on here were talking top four and more.

Now 3 weeks later we have lost games by 2 points, 6 points and 1 point and those same fans want to scorch the earth, sack our coach and turf and best and most loyal players.

Tis a funny old game.

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
There is a team in there somewhere.
You don’t go to such big leads without some skill, but then we just switch off.
It is poor game management and mental attitude, and sadly we are a very, very weak team mentally when things don’t go our way.
Poor mentality is a coaching staff and senior player responsibility, and sadly we have been so piss poor in this area, so Seibold, DCE, Turbo & Jake have failed dismally with this responsibility.
This needs to be fixed now or our season is already over.
I suggested in another post that we should get a hypnotist to address the team on mental attitude and I wasn’t joking !!
GO MANLY , TO A HYPNOTIST 😵‍💫

XV-1

First Grader
Since Panthers r going for Crichton, perhaps Luke Garner can come home as he is off contract.

I think he is as good as Ben T or better.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
List of off contract players according to Zero tackle

BRONCOS - Delouise Hoeter, Josiah Karapani, Corey Oates, Jordan Pereira, Martin Taupau

RAIDERS - Nick Cotric, Peter Hola, Trey Mooney, Jordan Rapana, James Schiller, Elliott Whitehead, Zac Woolford

BULLDOGS - Liam Knight, Chris Patolo, Hayze Perham, Toby Sexton, Jeral Skelton, Zane Tetevano, Jackson Topine

SHARKS - Jayden Berrell, Billy Burns, Kayal Iro, Niwhai Puru, Siteni Taukamo, Jack Williams

DOLPHINS - Euan Aitken, Edrick Lee, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima, Tesi Niu, Ray Stone, Valynce Te Whare, Jarrod Wallace

TITANS - Jacob Alick-Wiencke, Kieran Foran, Klese Haas, Isaac Liu, Joe Stimson, Thomas Weaver

STORM - Grant Anderson, Dean Ieremia, Tepai Moeroa, Aaron Pene, Marion Seve, Reimis Smith, Young Tonumaipea

WARRIORS - Shaun Johnson, Valingi Kepu, Jazz Tevaga

KNIGHTS - David Armstrong, Mat Croker, Tyson Gamble, Brodie Jones, Krystian Mapapalangi, Enari Tuala, Toni Tupouniua

COWBOYS - Jake Clifford, Kyle Feldt, Jake Granville, Coen Hess, Jordan McLean, Thomas Mikaele, Wil Sullivan, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Chad Townsend, Semi Valemei

EELS - Daejarn Asi, Zac Cini, Morgan Harper, Makahesi Makatoa, Ofahiki Ogden, Bailey Simonsson

PANTHERS - Paul Alamoti, Matthew Eisenhuth, Luke Garner, Daine Laurie, Ativalu Lisati, Tyrone Peachey

RABBITOHS - Michael Chee-Kam, Dean Hawkins, Ben Lovett, Taane Milne, Shaquai Mitchell, Isaiah Tass, Leon Te Hau, Izaac Thompson

DRAGONS - Jack de Belin, Tom Eisenhuth, Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Jesse Marschke, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Tyrell Sloan, Jaydn Su'A, Savelio Tamale, Alec Tuitavake

ROOSTERS - Angus Crichton, Zach Dockar-Clay, Michael Jennings, Joseph Suaalii, Daniel Tupou

WESTS TIGERS - Solomon Alaimalo, Adam Doueihi, Sione Fainu, Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin

Not many to choose from but some fair players such as Elliott Whitehead, Kayal Iro, Jaydn Su'A, Angus Crichton and Jake Simpkin as he will not get a look in while Api is at the tigers.

Adz

Reserve Grader
Kleese Haas talent wise would be an outstanding player,but the family has some issues.....
Karapani and Iro in the centres are talents.
Moeroa as depth prop.
Eddie Ieremia-Tovaea a second rower from Warriors or Kalani Going a workhorse lock/second rower from Warriors would be good.
Brodie Jones from Knights has taken it up a notch this year

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Just over 3 weeks ago we had just come off an undefeated month of football and many on here were talking top four and more.

Now 3 weeks later we have lost games by 2 points, 6 points and 1 point and those same fans want to scorch the earth, sack our coach and turf and best and most loyal players.

Tis a funny old game.
Every year ,after a couple of losses.:p@:p

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
There is a team in there somewhere.
You don’t go to such big leads without some skill, but then we just switch off.
It is poor game management and mental attitude, and sadly we are a very, very weak team mentally when things don’t go our way.
Poor mentality is a coaching staff and senior player responsibility, and sadly we have been so piss poor in this area, so Seibold, DCE, Turbo & Jake have failed dismally with this responsibility.
This needs to be fixed now or our season is already over.
I suggested in another post that we should get a hypnotist to address the team on mental attitude and I wasn’t joking !!
GO MANLY , TO A HYPNOTIST 😵‍💫
This core has been mentally weak for a very long time.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
The question that needs to be answered. Would any other club pay $1.2 mil for Tom , $900K for Jake or $1.2 mil for DCE. I'd say not so why are we ? Because we are a desperate also ran bottom dweller.
Well, if you were playing U9s where you just give the ball to the star player all day… oh wait…

The question that needs to be answered. Would any other club pay $1.2 mil for Tom , $900K for Jake or $1.2 mil for DCE. I'd say not so why are we ? Because we are a desperate also ran bottom dweller.
No I don't believe there is a club who would pay this money for our fullback who plays 20% of the season, our lock forward who is a handy bench player, and our halfback who has not delivered consistent performances and outcomes that justify his salary.

Rocky

Bencher
The dogs were prepared to pay more for them when the brothers signed their contracts. Thats all that matters.

And the reality is DCE would get close to 1m a season for 2 seasons on the open market. Even at his age.

Tis a funny old game.
And the fans calling for the earth to be scorched are well entitled to. We are coming off a poor 2023, have given up very healthy game winning leads, and our highest paid players are not performing or leading. Based on this, it's not unfair to demand change.

The dogs were prepared to pay more for them when the brothers signed their contracts. Thats all that matters.

And the reality is DCE would get close to 1m a season for 2 seasons on the open market. Even at his age.
The bulldogs were highly dysfunctional at that time, even more so than us. I doubt that Cherry-Evans would command more than 900k anywhere, and certainly not at the present leading clubs either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14