The cheese

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd release Manase Fainu (or sack) given the nature of his situation right now. Offer The Storm someone like Morgan Boyle as compensation (may not see too much field time here), what with Taupau, Paseka, Aloiai & Keppie (and Davey, Gosi, Trbojevic, Sironen, Olakau'atu, and hopefully Sipley all ahead of him.

We'd likely get additional cap space back too.

Fainu hasn't been in our team for multiple years, why we've shown so much faith is beyond me.

Few things,

We need due cause to sack Fainu, If he gets convicted, done but atm we would struggle to legally uphold sacking him, especially considering we just resigned him. That means we would have to pay him out and that money would go to our cap.
We could release him but we would need to find a buyer.

Also Fainu has missed one season, which would have been missed (at least predominately with his shoulder). Now I know it was a long season that probably felt like multiple years but this is not the case.

The Storm want “commensurate compensation” and a Sydney club has offered a representative prop. If you think Boyle will satisfy the Storm then I believe you are far off base.

Storm knocked back many Tigers and wanted Nofo or Tommy Talau for Ado Carr, I expect they would play the same game with Smith.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Smith, and in my dream world he'd be 9 and when Fainu returns they would interchange with Smith spending time at lock.

But considering he doesn't want that and the factors above I dont see us in the running

But we could guarantee him of a hooking spot, and trade Lance or (my preference) Walker to Melbourne.
Prefer to get rid of Jake T....overpaid & slow. We'd save a lot more in salary cap space.
West’s Tigers would be a chance given they released Reynolds. Would have plenty of cap space although they might be getting Widdop.

a scenario could be the cheese to Roosters and they need to release a player - Verrils would be in firing line and he comes back home to Manly.
Apparently Widdop in talks with the Roosters!!!!

Can't pay him more than he is paid now. Under new "rules"

He is not "breaking" a contract ... he would be leaving with the Storm's approval so new rules wouldn't apply ..

PSS .. and anybody thinking this bloke is going to come here on a one year deal, or as an understudy to Fainu ... or will be cheap ... please send your applications for membership to the Numbnut Coalition ... approval guaranteed in advance ...

Few things,

We need due cause to sack Fainu, If he gets convicted, done but atm we would struggle to legally uphold sacking him, especially considering we just resigned him. That means we would have to pay him out and that money would go to our cap.
We could release him but we would need to find a buyer.

Also Fainu has missed one season, which would have been missed (at least predominately with his shoulder). Now I know it was a long season that probably felt like multiple years but this is not the case.

The Storm want “commensurate compensation” and a Sydney club has offered a representative prop. If you think Boyle will satisfy the Storm then I believe you are far off base.

Storm knocked back many Tigers and wanted Nofo or Tommy Talau for Ado Carr, I expect they would play the same game with Smith.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Smith, and in my dream world he'd be 9 and when Fainu returns they would interchange with Smith spending time at lock.

But considering he doesn't want that and the factors above I dont see us in the running
There are a number of factors which contribute to what I said, not just this case, Manase, at his young age is already a multiple offender. I'm not sure I like the adage that if he's a good footy player, he gets more chances.

Now, before we start, Manase plead guilty to the advertising of sexual content etc, so I don't want to hear about Dylan Walker, who was found not guilty, and punched a door.

There has to be a level of balance between offenses.

I just think we should cut our losses, like we did with Fonua-Blake, and move in a different direction, for the betterment of the club. Bear in mind, we are talking about a dull season ahead, without a hooker at the club. No idea why we released Levi?

There are a number of factors which contribute to what I said, not just this case, Manase, at his young age is already a multiple offender. I'm not sure I like the adage that if he's a good footy player, he gets more chances.

Now, before we start, Manase plead guilty to the advertising of sexual content etc, so I don't want to hear about Dylan Walker, who was found not guilty, and punched a door.

There has to be a level of balance between offenses.

I just think we should cut our losses, like we did with Fonua-Blake, and move in a different direction, for the betterment of the club. Bear in mind, we are talking about a dull season ahead, without a hooker at the club. No idea why we released Levi?
My argument is not about whether we should keep or realease Fainu (though for the record I think we should keep)

My point is we can't just sack him without due cause or without paying him out it full.

We can release him if we find a buyer (aka AFB and the warriors) but it is not as easy as lets skip of Fainu and get Smith in

My argument is not about whether we should keep or realease Fainu (though for the record I think we should keep)

My point is we can't just sack him without due cause or without paying him out it full.

We can release him if we find a buyer (aka AFB and the warriors) but it is not as easy as lets skip of Fainu and get Smith in

Get Smith now, if Fainu is not guilty we’ll only have to pay about 3 months of his salary .

If he’s not guilty keep them both and trade out Dylan Walker next year ( 2022).

This from foxblurgh.con

SEA EAGLES

It’s obvious Manly are banking on Manase Fainu to be cleared to play after his court case in July. Besides Fainu they don’t have any other genuine hooker in their top 30. Coach Des Hasler is planning on playing either Cade Cust or Lachlan Croker — both more of a half than a hooker — at No.9 with the other on the bench until Fainu can take the field. But what happens if Fainu isn’t cleared? Smith would be a brilliant replacement. Adding a hooker of Smith’s calibre to a spine of Tom Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran would make Manly extremely dangerous. Cap space could be a squeeze and the club may need to move on a couple of players to come up with the money to match what the Bulldogs and Tigers can offer. As for a player to offer up, the Storm need depth in their backline and Manly are spoiled for choice with backs. They’ve got Brad Parker, Dylan Walker, Moses Suli, Ben Trbojevic and Morgan Harper competing for two centre spots and Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jason Saab and Christian Tuipulotu competing for the wings. Hasler is said to be quite impressed with new recruits Saab and Tuipulotu already. If Fainu’s case doesn’t go in his favour the Sea Eagles will be on the hunt for a hooker and if they want Smith bad enough, offering up a quality outside back shouldn’t be an issue.

This from foxblurgh.con

SEA EAGLES

It’s obvious Manly are banking on Manase Fainu to be cleared to play after his court case in July. Besides Fainu they don’t have any other genuine hooker in their top 30. Coach Des Hasler is planning on playing either Cade Cust or Lachlan Croker — both more of a half than a hooker — at No.9 with the other on the bench until Fainu can take the field. But what happens if Fainu isn’t cleared? Smith would be a brilliant replacement. Adding a hooker of Smith’s calibre to a spine of Tom Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran would make Manly extremely dangerous. Cap space could be a squeeze and the club may need to move on a couple of players to come up with the money to match what the Bulldogs and Tigers can offer. As for a player to offer up, the Storm need depth in their backline and Manly are spoiled for choice with backs. They’ve got Brad Parker, Dylan Walker, Moses Suli, Ben Trbojevic and Morgan Harper competing for two centre spots and Jorge Taufua, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jason Saab and Christian Tuipulotu competing for the wings. Hasler is said to be quite impressed with new recruits Saab and Tuipulotu already. If Fainu’s case doesn’t go in his favour the Sea Eagles will be on the hunt for a hooker and if they want Smith bad enough, offering up a quality outside back shouldn’t be an issue.
Well said by fox

If we were to release FAINU in such a brutal fashion then we can say goodbye to his three brothers... and quite possibly several of our awesome juniors.

Last edited:
This from foxblurgh.con

SEA EAGLES

That was wonderful .. except the part where he completely ignores the fact that the Cheese has said he wants out so he can be guaranteed the #1 hooking spot ... He is a million to one against coming here as long as Fainu is still here ...

That was wonderful .. except the part where he completely ignores the fact that the Cheese has said he wants out so he can be guaranteed the #1 hooking spot ... He is a million to one against coming here as long as Fainu is still here ...

Now now...don't be sexist. It was a lady who wrote the article!

:p

Your 100% correct Woodsie, but he would start and I think be a great option both in the 9, or as a great action packed middle forward, done a thread mid 2020 about this bloke being a worthy target...as I reckon he would play a role Manly have lacked with his energy.

Your 100% correct Woodsie, but he would start and I think be a great option both in the 9, or as a great action packed middle forward, done a thread mid 2020 about this bloke being a worthy target...as I reckon he would play a role Manly have lacked with his energy.

I also Would love to have him ... but can't see it happening while Fainu is here .... he is over coming off the bench and/or playing 2nd row ....

Also think Bulldogs, Tigers and some other clubs will throw the kitchen sink at him ...

If the Tigers nab him grab Liddle.

Good player who would be the perfect stop gap/Fainu backup
Can't imagine going from the storm to the tigers.
Maybe storm to bulldogs as at least they're on the up. Tigers should be spoon favourites next year IMO

Don't we have one more spot left in our top 30? Would be awesome to get cheese.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8