The cheese

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wants to play hooker exclusively and only a release for 2022

Doesn't quite fit our need

I'd release Manase Fainu (or sack) given the nature of his situation right now. Offer The Storm someone like Morgan Boyle as compensation (may not see too much field time here), what with Taupau, Paseka, Aloiai & Keppie (and Davey, Gosi, Trbojevic, Sironen, Olakau'atu, and hopefully Sipley all ahead of him.

We'd likely get additional cap space back too.

Fainu hasn't been in our team for multiple years, why we've shown so much faith is beyond me.

Some team will pay way more for him than he’s worth and it won’t be us. He’s not an 80min player either.

High profile Sydney team is interested apparently, is this code for the Roosters at $250,000 per season.

Panthers have Koroisou - unless he's going to Dogs (so no)
Parramatta have Reed Mahoney and Joey Lussick (possibly)
Eagles have Manase Fainu (may never play - so possibly)
Bulldogs have Sione Katoa & Jeremy Marshall-King (possibly)
Roosters have Nathan Friend, Sam Verrills and Victor Radley (so no)
Cronulla have Blayke Brailey & Kyle Patterson (so maybe)
Tigers have Jacob Liddle (possibly)

Storm have said they’d let him go for the 2021 season, depending on compensation. Is that money compo, player compo, or both?
We need to make it happen. He is just the player we need. And also has that lunatic/ mongrel factor we are missing.

I'd release Manase Fainu (or sack) given the nature of his situation right now. Offer The Storm someone like Morgan Boyle as compensation (may not see too much field time here), what with Taupau, Paseka, Aloiai & Keppie (and Davey, Gosi, Trbojevic, Sironen, Olakau'atu, and hopefully Sipley all ahead of him.

We'd likely get additional cap space back too.

Fainu hasn't been in our team for multiple years, why we've shown so much faith is beyond me.
There isn’t much upside in releasing him. The only upside is a guarantee to Cheese - and Fainu is a better hooker anyways.

If Fainu is guilty, his contract is torn.
If Fainu is innocent, we’ve signed him well below market value, which we all know is what successful sides are built on.

If we did release him, strong chance that Smith would go elsewhere anyways and we’d end up with our dick in our hands.

Probably would be the worst way to attack this situation, we should try get Cheese for good money with a conditional release option for him for 2023 if Fainu is back.

It’s also a really poor look releasing a player we have put time into and backed publicly. The last place players want go to is an unloyal club - something Fainu and the playing group clearly value.

Releasing Fainu would look desparate, set a poor precedent and upset the playing group IMO

Also isn’t he salary cap exempt?

Would be a good signing maybe on a one year deal for 2021.

Problem for the club with Manase is the unknowns around his case, the stand down rule needs to be changed, even sponsors (Norm Black) think the rule needs changing. The political correctness needs to be looked at with reasoning, the hard rule of thumb is not helping with newspaper headlines still dragging the NRL through the media if the player is stood down or playing.

For me a 12 week stand own should be the maximum duration unless there is overwhelming camera images proving the guilt, similar to the Curtis Scott case where the camera recordings proved his innocence.

Would be a good signing maybe on a one year deal for 2021.

Problem for the club with Manase is the unknowns around his case, the stand down rule needs to be changed, even sponsors (Norm Black) think the rule needs changing. The political correctness needs to be looked at with reasoning, the hard rule of thumb is not helping with newspaper headlines still dragging the NRL through the media if the player is stood down or playing.

For me a 12 week stand own should be the maximum duration unless there is overwhelming camera images proving the guilt, similar to the Curtis Scott case where the camera recordings proved his innocence.
There’s no way the Cheese will take a one year deal
Sign him for three. Fainu comes back, we go to the ‘ol one two punch we had with Api.
But for mine, is the fact Brandon can cover all forward positions. Maybe lighten the defensive load of Jake, so he can start hitting holes with gusto, and popping inside balls to his brother.

West’s Tigers would be a chance given they released Reynolds. Would have plenty of cap space although they might be getting Widdop.

a scenario could be the cheese to Roosters and they need to release a player - Verrils would be in firing line and he comes back home to Manly.

Last edited:
West’s Tigers would be a chance given they released Reynolds. Would have plenty of cap space although they might be getting Widdop.

a scenario could be the cheese to Roosters and they need to release a player - Verrils would be in firing line and he comes back home to Manly.
I'd imagine they'd want to move Friend on first. Much prefer Verrils though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8