The Bush fires ....and floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
To everybody in harms way ... and to any who volunteer to go into harms way ..... wishing you all the best and hope you, your families and property remain safe ....

I live in a small town somewhwere on the mid North Coast and whilst the town is safe ... the entire surrounding area is ablaze ..... for 4 days the smoke has been an ever present carpet over the town .....

I am safe and comfortable in my little lake side cabin ..... but many of my friends and acquaintants are out fighting fires as I type ......

MY thoughts are with all of them and any Silvertails in the bush .... best wishes to all and be safe ....

I’m in the Gold Coast Hinterland. Not as smokey as yesterday. The next three days are supposed to be nasty.Lower Beechmont has been copping it. I was talking to the next doors gardener this morning. He used to be in the rural fire brigade, then joined the normal fireys for 10 years. He was telling me some war stories. 18 hours non-stop in the Canberra fires as a volunteer firefighter years ago. He said they basically passed out on a residents front lawn for a cpl of hours sleep, then were back into it
Then a bit later, I was outside and heard the last post playing. Then looked over and old mates standing at attention in next doors front yard, whipper snipper at his side. I then realised it was Armistice Day.
He came over after the minutes silence to tell me after the fireys, he joined the Air Force for the next 20 years. He said no matter where he is at the 11th hour he stops and reflects on those that have served, and those that have payed the ultimate price. To say I felt completely humbled is an understatement. I’m like you want a drink, can I make you some sangers, anything you name it!
He said no it’s all good, got everything in my esky. I ended up thanking him for all he’d done in his voluntary roles as well as his military service for this country.

1573451442608.png

DT Today :clap:

Good thread @Woodsie I'm currently in the lower Blue Mountains and according to the locals the fires could easily shoot straight down here from Woodford tomorrow, in not much more than the blink of an eye. Everyone has made emergency plans, some schools closed, neighbours making arrangements for pets, etc.
I've been in a burning house but never in a bushfire, thank ****, and I'm not superstitious (or religious lol) but have been signing off each response to emails or SMSs* of concern with the words, 'fingers crossed'.
By the way, what is the preferred plural form of 'SMS'? @globaleagle @Fro @Moondog

Good thread @Woodsie I'm currently in the lower Blue Mountains and according to the locals the fires could easily shoot straight down here from Woodford tomorrow, in not much more than the blink of an eye. Everyone has made emergency plans, some schools closed, neighbours making arrangements for pets, etc.
I've been in a burning house but never in a bushfire, thank ***, and I'm not superstitious (or religious lol) but have been signing off each response to emails or SMSs of concern with the words, 'fingers crossed'.
By the way, what is the preferred plural form of 'SMS'? @globaleagle @Fro @Moondog
My brother had a place in Bell in the Blue Mountains. After the last big fires up there he ended up selling the place. Didn't want to go through it again.

To everybody in harms way ... and to any who volunteer to go into harms way ..... wishing you all the best and hope you, your families and property remain safe ....

I live in a small town somewhwere on the mid North Coast and whilst the town is safe ... the entire surrounding area is ablaze ..... for 4 days the smoke has been an ever present carpet over the town .....

I am safe and comfortable in my little lake side cabin ..... but many of my friends and acquaintants are out fighting fires as I type ......

MY thoughts are with all of them and any Silvertails in the bush .... best wishes to all and be safe ....
Well said and stay safe feathered friend .

I've been in a burning house but never in a bushfire, thank ***, and I'm not superstitious (or religious lol) but have been signing off each response to emails or SMSs of concern with the words, 'fingers crossed'.

It's "texts" - you crazy person.

I agree with all the sentiments, I hope everyone stays safe, gets out if they have to and the fires miss all that is precious to them.

It looks like there's no end in sight.

@Woodsie this article has towns along the mid north coast potentially in harms way so if you can turn your cabin into a house boat, that'd be good.

Good luck - I grew up that way and always considered the fires part of the, for lack of a better phrase, circle of life of the bush. When it is coming all you can do is hope it sweeps through taking the debris and build off the bush floor but veers wide enough from the homes and lives. The mountains or anyone really don't need a repeat of 2013...

I was caravanning last weekend out in the Scenic Rim ( near Rathdowney for anyone that knows QLD) we were supposed to be there for a week.

There’s a lovely river ( now barely a creek) running beside the campground and it’s always pretty lush and green, however as expected it was very dry and not a green grass in sight.

We arrived Friday and woke up to a smokey haze on Saturday , which got worse on Sunday ( smoke coming up from NSW).

On Monday morning got a knock on the caravan door at 5am with the campground owner saying “ there’s a big fire at Boonah you need to get out now”.

We obviously packed up quickly and by about 630am where heading back home.

I’ve just been watching the morning news and whilst they love the drama it looks very much like a really bad day in Sydney and the Blue Mountains.

Stay safe everyone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4