The Bronco advantage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Manly plays 10 home matches at Brookie this season. Like other clubs it takes two of its home matches to away venues to showcase the sport in country areas.
But not the Donkeys.
They don't take any of their home matches to outer venues to spread the sport.
This season they play 11 matches at Suncorp (including 'away' matches with Manly and the 'Fins), plus this season they are playing three of their home matches at another Brisbane venue, The Gabba. I assume this is because Suncorp is unavailable.
That gives them 14 matches with overwhelming local support and the natural home advantage.
When will the Donkeys be forced to take two of their home matches to outer venue like other clubs?
When will they be forced to use one of their home matches for Magic round at Suncorp?
An when will Manly officials put on-field success ahead of monetary gain and stop taking our home match with Brisbane to its home venue?
I'm happy for Manly to take one of its home matches to Mudgee, and if it has to take another home match away then take it to the South Island of New Zealand or some venue other than Suncorp.

Manly plays 10 home matches at Brookie this season. Like other clubs it takes two of its home matches to away venues to showcase the sport in country areas.
But not the Donkeys.
This season they play 11 matches at Suncorp (including 'away' matches with Manly and the 'Fins), plus this season they are playing three of their home matches at another Brisbane venue, The Gabba. I assume this is because Suncorp is unavailable.
That gives them 14 matches with overwhelming local support and the natural home advantage.
When will the Donkeys be forced to take two of their home matches to outer venue like other clubs?
When will they be forced to use one of their home matches for Magic round at Suncorp?
An when will Manly officials put on-field success ahead of monetary gain and stop taking our home match with Brisbane to its home venue?
I'm happy for Manly to take one of its home matches to Mudgee, and if it has to take another home match away then take it to the South Island of New Zealand or some venue other than Suncorp.
Good post.

And you’re preaching to the converted.:)

Last edited:
But not the Donkeys.
I live in Bris and constantly debate the advantage that team has over a club like Manly with my bronco loving mates. It’s a total joke and even sone of the broncs fans acknowledge it.

n when will Manly officials put on-field success ahead of monetary gain and stop taking our home match with Brisbane to its home venue?
Can you imagine the Chooks, Storm or Souths owners deciding to give up a home game to Brisbane in return for a few 100k? It is laughable.
As I've often said, our rich guy is totally happy to handicap the Sea Eagles team if it saves him having to spend some coin.
Penn is a great example of the downside of privatisation. Just because you have the money to buy some business doesn't mean you are smart enough or committed enough to do the best for that business.

If only the game was played at Brookvale,they would of only been beaten by 20
Correct. Doesn't matter where we play at the moment. The donkeys smash us either way. May as well get a pay day for it. Moving forward though, magic round Def should be looked at. To be honest I'm not even the biggest fan of it. It's just some hyped up farcical event

Correct. Doesn't matter where we play at the moment. The donkeys smash us either way. May as well get a pay day for it. Moving forward though, magic round Def should be looked at. To be honest I'm not even the biggest fan of it. It's just some hyped up farcical event
Have you been to one?

Have you been to one?
I’ve been to multiple days there. As a parent I’d steer clear of the night fixtures with kids. Couple of years back blokes doing lines in the toilets etc. pretty ordinary and a lot of pissed peeps. As a younger adult it would be great fun. Day games are worth the go for arvo footy with the kids. I have two kids who have “second” teams. So have the option to pool up games involving Manly, Knights, Titans, Phins, Broncos (missus).

I’m totally over is playing the hone game there tho and tbh even the fixture v broncs on Friday night. Would love the chance to see us play Storm or Eels up here on a Sat or sun arvo.

We'd play them on Cyborg Field on Uranus if our owner got a quid out of it.

realistically he's better off with the $$$ than the team is with 2 competition points that might be the difference between coming 12th or 13th.

Can you imagine the Chooks, Storm or Souths owners deciding to give up a home game to Brisbane in return for a few 100k? It is laughable.
As I've often said, our rich guy is totally happy to handicap the Sea Eagles team if it saves him having to spend some coin.
Penn is a great example of the downside of privatisation. Just because you have the money to buy some business doesn't mean you are smart enough or committed enough to do the best for that business.
Ya gotta feel for Scotty though. The relentless rise of Ozempic will pretty much kill 99% of his weight loss businesses. Poor bastard.

So of course we must continue to give our home game to Brisbane every Magic Round. We can't suffer the embarrassment of a bankrupt owner.

Or would that be the best thing to ever happen to our club? 💥💥💥💥💥💥🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳

The NRL really should be dominated by a few teams
1. Brisbane. Historically one team town who also, apart from the games listed above, are pretty much on free to air TV every single week which results in increased $ and a consistency of preperation
2. Parr. Considering their potential player resources
3. Panthers. As above
4. Roosters. Uncle Nick and the $ involved

The fact that any other teams manage to compete is remarkable to me. Also the fact that the Broncs won their last grand final in what 2006? And have been to one decider since then...and then there is Parra who, and it is a guess, would have been close to having junior representatives in almost every single grand final?

The NRL really should be dominated by a few teams
1. Brisbane. Historically one team town who also, apart from the games listed above, are pretty much on free to air TV every single week which results in increased $ and a consistency of preperation
2. Parr. Considering their potential player resources
3. Panthers. As above
4. Roosters. Uncle Nick and the $ involved

The fact that any other teams manage to compete is remarkable to me. Also the fact that the Broncs won their last grand final in what 2006? And have been to one decider since then...and then there is Parra who, and it is a guess, would have been close to having junior representatives in almost every single grand final?
You forgot the Pride of the League Vermin who can manipulate every policy that comes out of the NRL for "post life footy".

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4