The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol all the Des has lost the plot and has no idea comments are hilarious

Nobody here has seen him play against men, seen him through his recovery, or know what stages of his recovery he has been coming through in the past few weeks. Des and our medical staff at least have something visual to go on with how he has been training and where he is at

Lol all the Des has lost the plot and has no idea comments are hilarious

Nobody here has seen him play against men, seen him through his recovery, or know what stages of his recovery he has been coming through in the past few weeks. Des and our medical staff at least have something visual to go on with how he has been training and where he is at

Exactly, people are expecting him to come in and fix all our problems.... whilst also playing a handful of games against kids and having ACL injuries.

Yeah & Nic Kosef had three and it destroyed his career early, so what is your point? For every Gutho there is 15 blokes you have never heard of that never played high level again.

What was your point mentioning ACL's in the first place?

Btw, google says Nik had 4 serious knee injuries

He’s eighteen FFS! Never played against men. He’s around the first team at that age, in the top 30 never having played against grown adults. I think these ‘rumours’ are a crock... he was on record saying how pleased he was to sign two years with Manly what, five months ago?

Problem these days mate is that "most" kids under 25 (and not just footballers) think that the world owes them, they have little concept of working for your future. Pangai Jr proves that a contract doesn't mean anything. I'll crack a dummy spit and get my contract torn up, or become disruptive so I can go sign elsewhere. Not saying this is the case with Schuster. Problem also is the player manager wanting to prop up his / her income by rolling contracts around.

I like that he is with us and I hope he stays, I want to see our team renew itself with a host of talented youngsters we can keep for the next 5 years.

The storm had to let go of a few superstars but still went ok. We did to in our last generation of superstars. If they’re asking for money there’s just not much you can do about it with a loaded squad.

With Fainu, some Injury luck and without mid season rule changes we would be in the top 4.
It’s the weekend! They don’t work weekends.

And the answer to last week’s quiz, the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

The other two were professionally run sporting organisations.

Such a lot of negativity and looking at worst case scenarios going on here.
Aren't we Manly fans? Don't we expect success? Isn't this an opportunity for us?!
Anyway for what its worth (virtually nothing, same as all the doomsayers) I think this is a great chance for Hoppa to make friends with some players over at the Warriors and let them know how Manly is a great option right now. He may well come back and bring Hetherington or someone decent with him!
:)

Look they do this lot in EPL football where they loan out youngsters to other teams to get match fitness and experience. I think it's a great ploy given that there is no reggies this year. I mean Turbo is due to come back in the next couple of weeks, so there was no chance of him taking his spot in fullback. At least he can play in a team where there's no pressure this year. Des will be looking at his form before he extends his contract imo.

Look they do this lot in EPL football where they loan out youngsters to other teams to get match fitness and experience. I think it's a great ploy given that there is no reggies this year. I mean Turbo is due to come back in the next couple of weeks, so there was no chance of him taking his spot in fullback. At least he can play in a team where there's no pressure this year. Des will be looking at his form before he extends his contract imo.

Sparta, gosh I hope you are right. I'm not feeling at all confident that you are, but I'll kiss you if you are :giggle:

Afternoon All,

There is an impasse with the young man and his management who, for reasons best known to my client who is acting for another club extremely interested in the young man, it appears that the young man is of the opinion that his "future worth" is nowhere near commensurate to the offer served to his management team by Manly Warringah.

The team is NOT represented by a mascot of the four legged variety, coincidentally they are targeting a half, a prop and a centre, all from the ONE club, I digress, the team interested has told the young man that he needs "match fitness" to prove to them his ability and confirm, to the best Football Director in the game at present (a Manly Warringah alumnus), their "potential."

The sheer irony of this offer is the club in question, has a fullback in great form and that position isn't being "offered" as "bait".

The young man's representative team contacted the Club to let them know of the intention to walk away because he "deserves" to be selected only to be told his training activity is "just there" and that didn't sit too well with his representative team who, to my absolute and sheer amazement informed the Club that he will show his worth "on the park".

The "Football Gods" came forward and the altar of opportunity offered the young man a chance when the Warriors came knocking very late last night requesting a four to six week loan.

An undertaking was provided by the young man's representative early this morning, that the Club will have the last right of refusal on any contract offer made to the young man (by any club including the Warriors) as well as the loan being for four weeks only, not six as sought by the Warriors.

The Club has offered a package is close to a quarter-of-a million dollars but that was knocked back as being "well short".

It would appear that this is now merely an exercise in valuing the intangible that is "talent" so the Club is very interested to see how he performs.

Perhaps the young man can crystallise the "intangible" and provide the real value that he and his family seek.

I firmly believe there are two quotes from Tom Landry that are, somwehat, indicative of this situation:

"A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be."

"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence."

As always... GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!

Afternoon All,

There is an impasse with the young man and his management who, for reasons best known to my client who is acting for another club extremely interested in the young man, it appears that the young man is of the opinion that his "future worth" is nowhere near commensurate to the offer served to his management team by Manly Warringah.

The team is NOT represented by a mascot of the four legged variety, coincidentally they are targeting a half, a prop and a centre, all from the ONE club, I digress, the team interested has told the young man that he needs "match fitness" to prove to them his ability and confirm, to the best Football Director in the game at present (a Manly Warringah alumnus), their "potential."

The sheer irony of this offer is the club in question, has a fullback in great form and that position isn't being "offered" as "bait".

The young man's representative team contacted the Club to let them know of the intention to walk away because he "deserves" to be selected only to be told his training activity is "just there" and that didn't sit too well with his representative team who, to my absolute and sheer amazement informed the Club that he will show his worth "on the park".

The "Football Gods" came forward and the altar of opportunity offered the young man a chance when the Warriors came knocking very late last night requesting a four to six week loan.

An undertaking was provided by the young man's representative early this morning, that the Club will have the last right of refusal on any contract offer made to the young man (by any club including the Warriors) as well as the loan being for four weeks only, not six as sought by the Warriors.

The Club has offered a package is close to a quarter-of-a million dollars but that was knocked back as being "well short".

It would appear that this is now merely an exercise in valuing the intangible that is "talent" so the Club is very interested to see how he performs.

Perhaps the young man can crystallise the "intangible" and provide the real value that he and his family seek.

I firmly believe there are two quotes from Tom Landry that are, somwehat, indicative of this situation:

"A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be."

"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence."

As always... GO THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES!

So you are saying that 19-year-old Hopoate, having ruptured 2 ACLs (the last being in SG Ball), and having played zero games against adults (NRL or otherwise), is saying no (via his management) to the Sea Eagles' offer of $250k... which is well above NRL minimum wage.

If true I don't see what the club has done wrong here.

Why is there NOTHING on the Manly sea eagles web site about this?

It would be nice if the Manly club had a statement on this so the supporters know what is going on.

Brendan Elliot, Albert Hopoate, Danny Levi, Luke Metcalf, Corey Waddell, Tony Williams

6 players off contract and Hoppa is one of them.

I will go bonkers if Elliott is announced as our next signing after we had Cust and Keppie in the last 48 hours.
What about 3 more years for trex? How would you feel then?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4