The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The same Bellamy that’s been coaching the Storm for 15+ years and over 400 FG games,won 2 legitimate premierships,continually turns no name players into Origin/Test players and has a pseudo coach on the field in Cam Smith,will have difficulty setting up his play based on the whereabouts of a 19 year old debutant?

Not suggesting that Bellamy is inexperienced. But surely a coach organises his team in a manner that tries to cover contingencies as best they can. That's surely the head game coaches play against each other. If a footballer plays full back, or wing or centre, it requires alternative appropriate strategies, especially if its a player who is new, but has certain abilities that may cause problems to certain players facing them. Haven't we seen a 2 premiership coach in Hasler compact his defence line leaving two wingers facing large space to cover. Haven't we seen the number of times Tuafua has been kicked to or turned around because of a speed issue. Surely coaches play different strategies to different players. Coaches surely fit their players in a pattern to take advantage of what weakness or strengths an opposition has. If you cant be sure where those players are playing, its difficult to strategize where best to attack and defend. Even Bellamy would find that challenging. Hasler worked him out in 2008. The result a 40-0 thrashing in the grand final. One primary reason. No Cam Smith. Surely its about the little things that determine an outcome

Why can't URM just employ Albert as a garbo on one of the trucks for $500k a year? That way we would have enough under the cap to retain him

I was actually thinking of a Qantas CEO. $25 million a year. Yep that would about do it. They got quite a bit of ready cash now they sacked so many.

I dreamt that Albert Hoppa was playing and he score a try from 30m on our side of the field and he beat half the opposition in doing so.
This is freaking me out as I would much rather be dreaming about honeys instead.

FMD must be something in the air over here at the moment

I had a similar dream, the only scary part of mine being that John run out on the wing and scored an 80m try untouched

"His story is one of the great sporting stories," Hasler said.
"Perseverance and resilience. He's just a beautiful human being.
"His journey ... 810 days-plus of rehab.
"To get to a moment like this, it's synonymous with any debut in any sport.
"It's a wonderful story.

I just don't get the salary cap issues. As a few teams obviously get round it there are literally hundreds of way you could prop up a players remuneration package.

Property deals, credit cards, amt cash cards that give cash whenever you need it, Brown paper bags, betting, gifts to players and families, reduced rental agreements. The list goes on.

If I were a mega rich supporter of my club without official support on the books and I wanted say albert to play for my club then dropping a few 100k per year wouldn't be a huge issue. Probably what happens over bondi way.

I just don't get the salary cap issues. As a few teams obviously get round it there are literally hundreds of way you could prop up a players remuneration package.

Property deals, credit cards, amt cash cards that give cash whenever you need it, Brown paper bags, betting, gifts to players and families, reduced rental agreements. The list goes on.

If I were a mega rich supporter of my club without official support on the books and I wanted say albert to play for my club then dropping a few 100k per year wouldn't be a huge issue. Probably what happens over bondi way.
There are no salary cap issues...all teams have the same cap, we just don't have enough people who can/want to do what you said.

100% how about we get all our members to throw in $10 each. Might just be enough to get his signature over the line

don't forget Uncle Nick's golfing losses

"His story is one of the great sporting stories," Hasler said.
"Perseverance and resilience. He's just a beautiful human being.
"His journey ... 810 days-plus of rehab.
"To get to a moment like this, it's synonymous with any debut in any sport.
"It's a wonderful story.
well John and will are pretty good so albert should be ok. looking forward to seeing some new faces in the manly lineup.

well John and will are pretty good so albert should be ok. looking forward to seeing some new faces in the manly lineup.
We are used to seeing the same players putting up the same losing performances and it is refreshing that other players given a go to see how the team will go .
Some players in our team are letting their team mates down

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6