The Book of Albert

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has to be more to this than meets the eye, or being stubborn to borderline insane levels. In the presser saying Albert won't fix the problem whilst stating we could be without Funa and Suli next week.
Yeah, and it's not like sticking to Tafua, Garrick, Parker et al., and mixed positions has "fixed the problem" over 9 weeks

Has to be more to this than meets the eye, or being stubborn to borderline insane levels. In the presser saying Albert won't fix the problem whilst stating we could be without Funa and Suli next week.
Definitely has to be, could be personal also.

Body language from Des just about summed things up for Albert and his future at the club, I hope I am wrong as I thought Albert could have been a great servant for the club.

Definitely has to be, could be personal also.

Body language from Des just about summed things up for Albert and his future at the club, I hope I am wrong as I thought Albert could have been a great servant for the club.

yep. And if the murmers are to be believed. our fearless leader has let go of a senior player in walker to fit Foran in, who can’t string a season together. This leaves Parker/Suli in the centres (rather than shifting walker where he should be) couple this with losing hoppa (and having the same **** wingers again) and we have an absolute cluster**** of a backline again. Insanity. Des and crusher just came back here to top up their super.

Pretty damming comment from Hoppa senior here, def some thing going on at the club...

Attachments

• F82752F2-C844-4437-B047-C23F6D84F8AC.png
    F82752F2-C844-4437-B047-C23F6D84F8AC.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 125
Again, I'll leave young Albert's situation alone however you can join the dots.

As I said in another thread, I'm more concerned about those players who liked that post more than the comment itself (which has been written with some vitriol), THIS is what we should be concerned about.

Before I am shot down regarding young Fainu and his like of the post and how the club has supported him through his predicament, I think young Fainu is supporting young Albert more and his support of the post is just that, for Albert.

That’s not a good sign and very concerning to the underlying issues that are there.

Let’s not forget Hoppa senior was the one to attract Manase to the club.
You’ve gotta remember that it’s hoppa and he’s an a grade ****wit. His son might be talented but as far as club culture goes he’s the opposite of what we would wanna be cultivating

yep. And if the murmers are to be believed. our fearless leader has let go of a senior player in walker to fit Foran in, who can’t string a season together. This leaves Parker/Suli in the centres (rather than shifting walker where he should be) couple this with losing hoppa (and having the same ** wingers again) and we have an absolute cluster** of a backline again. Insanity. Des and crusher just came back here to top up their super.
I get your point although Foz has played 11 games out of 14 this year. We absolutely need new backs though.

IMO Walker's one strength is his running game but that has been non-existent since 2017 and he has managed fewer games than Foz this year. Foz has played like a top half, whereas Walker seems out of place no matter where you put him and is on bigger money.

You’ve gotta remember that it’s hoppa and he’s an a grade ****wit. His son might be talented but as far as club culture goes he’s the opposite of what we would wanna be cultivating

I still say the club should have cut all ties with the Hopoate's years ago. We've only really kept them around because John's kids happen to be talented footballers. But other than Will playing on the wing in our 2011 GF win (and lets be honest, he probably wouldn't have been there if the Wolfman hadn't broken his neck in the Battle of Brookvale) ... where has it got us? Will never came back after the GF and his two year mission. We tried everything to get Jamil registered but were blocked at every turn so eventually let him become Brisbane's problem. And now all this with Albert who hasn't even played one single game of senior football be it NRL or even NSW Cup.

Manly have bent over backwards to help the Hopoate's over the years, spent god knows what on developing John, Will, Jamil and Albert ... and what have we got to show for it??

I still say the club should have cut all ties with the Hopoate's years ago. We've only really kept them around because John's kids happen to be talented footballers. But other than Will playing on the wing in our 2011 GF win (and lets be honest, he probably wouldn't have been there if the Wolfman hadn't broken his neck in the Battle of Brookvale) ... where has it got us? Will never came back after the GF and his two year mission. We tried everything to get Jamil registered but were blocked at every turn so eventually let him become Brisbane's problem. And now all this with Albert who hasn't even played one single game of senior football be it NRL or even NSW Cup.

Manly have bent over backwards to help the Hopoate's over the years, spent god knows what on developing John, Will, Jamil and Albert ... and what have we got to show for it??
And Jamil is hardly a world beater given his performances for the Broncos

Again, I'll leave young Albert's situation alone however you can join the dots.

As I said in another thread, I'm more concerned about those players who liked that post more than the comment itself (which has been written with some vitriol), THIS is what we should be concerned about.

Before I am shot down regarding young Fainu and his like of the post and how the club has supported him through his predicament, I think young Fainu is supporting young Albert more and his support of the post is just that, for Albert.

On his departure, when Api said that Fainu would captain Manly one day, I'm pretty sure he believed it.

To me it seems like Fainu was the social glue that kept a large part of the team together.

Which is concerning for reasons both on and off field.

Exactly, they’ve given us the finger really.

On his departure, when Api said that Fainu would captain Manly one day, I'm pretty sure he believed it.

To me it seems like Fainu was the social glue that kept a large part of the team together.

Which is concerning for reasons both on and off field.
Well that’s worrying in itself.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8