"the best day of my life" says darcy lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Champion!!! That was a breakthrough game for him, and we all witnessed the potential that Des knew he had. From memory it was at the end of 2008, when Des earmarked Jamie Buhrer and Darcy Lussick as players of the future. Looking back - its no wonder the club decided to let guys like Bryant, Hall and Cuthbo leave the club. We purchased a few cheap old heads (Galuvao and Rodney) for the short term and now its time for these young blokes to shine. Perfect recruitng by Crusher and Des!!

I'm with Conanu, SER. First we had the thoroughly unprofessional stuff-up last week with the Brett Stewart show/no-show. That was embarassing.

Then we miss out on Bellew's judiciary services because presumably someone was asleep at the wheel.

Then Hasler talking about the NRL using the fine for additional officials to monitor sent-off/sinbinned players. He must surely have known the money goes to charity. He would have been much smarter if he'd said something like -' I think it would be appropriate for the money to go to RNSH for their spinal unit,' and left it at that. Instead, another silly tirade. Do these dills want to win a premiership in 2011 or not?

Then an immature young man saying how great it was to come in and throw punches. What did the media manager brief him to say, if anything?

We have a COO/CEO (whatever) still on the training wheels. So maybe it's time for someone else (Scott Penn) to come in and crack a few heads. Bit difficult I know, when his uncle is a key figure in the football/media operations side of the house.

All this off-field focus this week has the potential to de-rail our game on Sunday. I'm still very confident that we can go all the way - with Hasler knowing what it takes to get the team there, but someone start employing some common sense. The Club is just making it way too easy for enemies in the media to paint our Club as a petulant, unprofessional, ill-disciplined mob. Wake the f-ck up....

At the end of the day, Lussick is a young footballer who showed some passion and exhurberance. So what. What are we goin to do sensor everyone's comments, so we tow the company line? How fukn boring. We need characters in the game, not cardboard cut outs. Give me a break!

Phantar said:
I'm with Conanu, SER. First we had the thoroughly unprofessional stuff-up last week with the Brett Stewart show/no-show. That was embarassing.

Then we miss out on Bellew's judiciary services because presumably someone was asleep at the wheel.

Then Hasler talking about the NRL using the fine for additional officials to monitor sent-off/sinbinned players. He must surely have known the money goes to charity. He would have been much smarter if he'd said something like -' I think it would be appropriate for the money to go to RNSH for their spinal unit,' and left it at that. Instead, another silly tirade. Do these dills want to win a premiership in 2011 or not?

Then an immature young man saying how great it was to come in and throw punches. What did the media manager brief him to say, if anything?

We have a COO/CEO (whatever) still on the training wheels. So maybe it's time for someone else (Scott Penn) to come in and crack a few heads. Bit difficult I know, when his uncle is a key figure in the football/media operations side of the house.

All this off-field focus this week has the potential to de-rail our game on Sunday. I'm still very confident that we can go all the way - with Hasler knowing what it takes to get the team there, but someone start employing some common sense. The Club is just making it way too easy for enemies in the media to paint our Club as a petulant, unprofessional, ill-disciplined mob. Wake the f-ck up....

Where does it say he said "how great it was to come in and throw punches?"

Phantar said:

I'm all for Darcy giving open honest interviews but our media manager Zorba should have advised him carefully on what to avoid due to the sensitivities of the moment.

Then Zorba shows himself incompetent (again) by his foolish comment about the "good sort" reporter yesterday.

"Oh it was at the end of a tiring day" end quote. Idiot, don't you realise its the job of any competent media manager to be clearly thinking of the consequences of what he says every time he opens his big gob regardless of the time of day!!

Anyone can be a good media manager when nothing's happening, it shows class to do the job when the pressure is on (like yesterday)

Zorba should go, he's been good for the club in the past loves the game and is a good bloke but sorry in 2011 we need someone more professional and media savvy. Scott Penn the ball is in your court

Sign this kid up long term, watched him play a few years back ,hes going to be somthing special .......................how long is he signed for?

How wrong can lussick be. Its the best day of my Life ........so far. He might get a shot at snotting careron smith or billy slater in the GF yet. How red faced would he be when some hack drags up this article then

He (Lussick) was referring to playing 1v2 not the fisticuffs you bitter old hags,stupid media twists his words like a ****ing pretzel

Very interested to know how long he is signed for but this is terrible from media side of things after all that has gone on this last week. We all know what he means but we don't need another reason for everybody in the media to start using us as a punching bag yet again, it's happened to much over the last week. We as fans love the "everyone hate's us we don't we don't care" but potential sponsors and for that matter future potential season ticket holders would not understand that idea from the outside and so we need good press for the rest of year. We just need to handle our own media image more 21st century wise and be a bit more smart about it, but gotta say i loved Darcy's game last week and hope we can signed him long term

Hmmm, some of you seem to be developing a cringe.
Darcy's comments were so obviously taken out of context, clearly he was referring to playing a blinder in a massive top of the table victory.
Des was just being Des, no-one would be surprised at that. Kite spoke very well.
The fact Gallop saw fit to criticise what Darcy and Kite had to say is a credit to those boys.
True, Zorba's comment was inappropriate and a sexist put-down, but he has swiftly apologised.
Have you forgotten who we are? If you want us to be media darlings you are barking up the wrong tree. The best we can hope for is grudging respect for the way our team plays, and I reckon we often get that from the more credible commentators.

We need to sign Darcy up on a longterm contract asap. I loved his passion in the Storm game and all you idiots who think he was talking about the fight when he said he loved it are as bad as the bloody media.

castle eagle said:
From fox sports news.
manly forward darcy lussick has described the brawling in the nrl match between the sea eagles & melbourne as "the best day of my life". friday's ugly incident has been slammed by gallop as a negative look fro the game, while both clubs were hit with $50,000 fines & 10 players were charged.
it started when lussick was elbowed by ryan hinchcliffe & he retaliated with a headslap before adam blair joined in.
lussick has been hit with a grade 4 contrary conduct charge by the match review panel which will see him miss 3 matches.
"that was the best day of my life, to do that with my mates out there", lussick told rugby league week "after the first scuffle a few storm boys wanted my blood & they were giving it to me the whole time, but i was giving it back as good as i got".
"if i was a bit younger i would have been intimidated but i just wanted to defend myself".

...and I think 3weeks coulda been a bit less!?...my opinion..:/

Methinks also that he may have been misquoted, I think the "best day of my life" comment related to him playing for the Eagles in the biggest match at Brookvale for years....bloody media they certainly have it in for us don't they!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4