"the best day of my life" says darcy lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
From fox sports news.
manly forward darcy lussick has described the brawling in the nrl match between the sea eagles & melbourne as "the best day of my life". friday's ugly incident has been slammed by gallop as a negative look fro the game, while both clubs were hit with $50,000 fines & 10 players were charged.
it started when lussick was elbowed by ryan hinchcliffe & he retaliated with a headslap before adam blair joined in.
lussick has been hit with a grade 4 contrary conduct charge by the match review panel which will see him miss 3 matches.
"that was the best day of my life, to do that with my mates out there", lussick told rugby league week "after the first scuffle a few storm boys wanted my blood & they were giving it to me the whole time, but i was giving it back as good as i got".
"if i was a bit younger i would have been intimidated but i just wanted to defend myself".

Good on him for being honest. He had a great game that night as well. Look forward to seeing him in Manly colours for years to come. Would be nice to read the whole article to see if that was the only snippet the media could print.

Of course it was. He is 22 or 23 playing in 1 v 2 top of the table clash on Friday night. Now a famous game. Would be the highlight of my life at that age. From what he showed Friday in attack and defence shows he has a big future.

Geez I hope people don't take this the wrong way. He was just speaking about enjoying being out the field and by not taking a backward step feeling like he belongs. Walking off the field as a winner in a game he played extremely well in, that had just about everything of course he feels like the king of the world.

captainskin said:
Awesome response... he'll do me. Sign him up long term ;^)

X 2 ........ Darcy is a legend already in my mind after a just handful of first grade games.

Masked Eagle said:
Geez I hope people don't take this the wrong way. He was just speaking about enjoying being out the field and by not taking a backward step feeling like he belongs. Walking off the field as a winner in a game he played extremely well in, that had just about everything of course he feels like the king of the world.

Unfortunately there are people taking it the wrong way. Just read some of the responses from people on fox sports web site. Maybe they should read the whole article.

So firstly he gets elbowed in the face by Hinchcliffe and it's Lussick who gets penalised before the video ref tips Hayne about the elbow. No report on Hinchcliffe for throwing elbows. Then in the ensuing melee Lussick is held by 3 Storm players while Blair lays upper cuts into him. The upshot is Lussick cops the heaviest suspension apart from Blair in all this. Are they kidding or what.

Why is he giving media interviews? Seems very silly to me - even though I know what he mean, of course it is going to be taken the wrong way. What is our media manager doing?

Who gives a **** what other people think. They all hate us anyway. Reading articles like that about our young tyro gives me gives me woodie! I fukn luv the kid after last weeks performance.
The thing that really showed me that this kids something special-after the stink when we got the ball next he took 2 hit ups in that set. Most blokes go missing after a stink not this young bloke he wanted more! WOW.

the mauler said:
Who gives a s**t what other people think. They all hate us anyway. Reading articles like that about our young tyro gives me gives me woodie! I fukn luv the kid after last weeks performance.
The thing that really showed me that this kids something special-after the stink when we
got the ball next he took 2 hit ups in that set. Most blokes go missing after a stink not this young bloke he wanted more! WOW.
Wow a woodie! I only went half mongrel - you must really love him

Seriously ... The kid delivered big time on the big stage and good on him. A star is born. Our star is born.

Does anyone think that Des and Crusher decided to let JWH go the same way they let Hodkinson go because they knew how good DCE and now Lussick were going to be.

As far as Darcy's suspension-it was inevitable he would be singled out for more punishment>
NRL trend-let the rookie be the fall guy!!!

If it's a big name-slaps on the wrist. If it's a no name sacked or twice the punishment. Good on you Darcy-stick it up 'em

I cant help but get the feeling that we have nobody that actually is managing the media on these types of issues for us. In a week where we have beaten the Minor Premiers and very well. All the headlines we have had are about how Manly is Toxic, Angry, Still not over Brett Stewart saga, Thugs, Out looking for a fight, need i go on. All this when one of our players was elbowed and reacted by throwing punches at the perpertrator. Then a senior player runs in to hold off the Dog that punched him in the face and gets 10 mins and from that frustration lashes out at the DOG act Perpertrator.

Manly has been smashed in the press as un-australian and everything else.

Storm have been Praised for giving Wolfman a cuddle, Blair took his punishment with his head high, Storm players from bench were only there to help a mate. No suspension to Slater for a forearm to the head along with Hinchcliffs elbow although Foran gets a week for dragging a player off his teammate.

Fair dinkum this NRL and News Ltd are the most biased and corrupt organisation i have ever seen.

But some bonehead in our organisation has allowed Lussick to give an interview quoting that it was the best night of his life. Are they MAAAADDDD???????????????????
I realise they took him out of context but ffs any media manager with half a brain would have told him to show remorse and say i wish it didnt happen because i care about the little kids who play table tennis that might one day take up League if their mum lets them.

Zorba fair dinkum what are you thinking.

If you think the hammering we're getting in the media is due to our management you are on the wrong track.
Zorba has some shortcomings in the 21st century no doubt but even Harry Houdini and David Copperfield couldn't have created a popular image for us this week.

Good stuff Darcy.

Gallop, the media and other clubs: blah Manly blah dogshots blah grubs

Darcy: get this down ya - middle finger

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7