The Anthony Seibold Grievances MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Fair enough, I guess we see things differently.

They have missed the 8 the last 7 years, winning a spoon in that time with a best finish of 11th.

In terms of lower grades their NSW Cup team have the same number of wins as Workers, Flegg a couple more.

Junior pathways yeilding results, Kiraz, Wilson and Hughes look decent but no Penrith yet.

Recruitment, they have had a huge amount of cap space and have therefore done well to land Crichton, Addo Carr, Kikau, Burton and Mahoney but they have also missed Luai, Johnson, AFB, Moses and Smith and they have also picked up Knight, Taaffe, Tetevano, Hutchinson, Suluka Fifita and Salmaen.

They have a player sueing them regarding workplace bullying.

This is not to say they are on the up as they are, but I think it is a bit "grass is greener" to say they are miles in front of us.

They have a ways to go as we do.
Gould just talking on the footy show about their juniors and their halfback academy. Seems the halfback products from our system (if there is one) end up at other clubs.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
How do you account for the other 9 years of mediocrity? This isn't just a 2024 thing. BTW, I agree with you regarding the coach, but where DO you think we need to improve (realistically).
Personally, I see our middle forward rotation and years of playing a makeshift 9 as the reason for our ‘middle of the road’ performances in the last few seasons. Throw in the Pride jersey fiasco and injuries and it all speaks to a precarious set of circumstances. We just haven’t quite got it right with recruitment and backed players like Schu that didn’t work out.

I think Seibs can coach but we still have roster concerns in the middle. There’s just not enough leg speed and power to play the kind of up tempo football that can trouble the top sides consistently. We can get them when they’re off their game but that’s a lottery.

Until we improve our middles and Simpkin gets some reps, I see us sitting on the cusp of the 8, regardless of who owns our club or coaches it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The perspective of the Seibold Thread ....
Negativity is Derived by Negative results
There is nothing positive about consistent loses that fail to reward you with 2 points and fail to propel you and secure you into the top 8 .
When teams win the Whinging stops and the Positive Praising starts

The moral of the story ...
WINNING IS THE MANLY WARRINGAH WAY
1719719976724.png

Ryan

Journey Man
Personally, I see our middle forward rotation and years of playing a makeshift 9 as the reason for our ‘middle of the road’ performances in the last few seasons. Throw in the Pride jersey fiasco and injuries and it all speaks to a precarious set of circumstances. We just haven’t quite got it right with recruitment and backed players like Schu that didn’t work out.

I think Seibs can coach but we still have roster concerns in the middle. There’s just not enough leg speed and power to play the kind of up tempo football that can trouble the top sides consistently. We can get them when they’re off their game but that’s a lottery.

Until we improve our middles and Simpkin gets some reps, I see us sitting on the cusp of the 8, regardless of who owns our club or coaches it.

agree 100%

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think Seibs can coach but we still have roster concerns in the middle.
At the end of the day we are all judged by our results
Given any circumstances we will either under achieve or over achieve

The moral of the story
It is not what we have but what we do with what we have that makes us either Magnificent or Mediocre

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They are flying.
But, as I recently wondered here, who gets more credit for how they are going... Ciraldo?
Or Laundie...
Gus for mine.
His 5 year plan at Penrith took a bit longer, but look at them now.
Then he goes to the Bulldogs and Laundie and says give me a stack of cash
and I’ll bring back the Dogs of the 80’s. How will you do that Gus they cried?
Easy, buy half the Panthers side because they can’t afford to keep them all.
Love him or hate him, he gets shiit done.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Fair enough, I guess we see things differently.

They have missed the 8 the last 7 years, winning a spoon in that time with a best finish of 11th.

In terms of lower grades their NSW Cup team have the same number of wins as Workers, Flegg a couple more.

Junior pathways yeilding results, Kiraz, Wilson and Hughes look decent but no Penrith yet.

Recruitment, they have had a huge amount of cap space and have therefore done well to land Crichton, Addo Carr, Kikau, Burton and Mahoney but they have also missed Luai, Johnson, AFB, Moses and Smith and they have also picked up Knight, Taaffe, Tetevano, Hutchinson, Suluka Fifita and Salmaen.

They have a player sueing them regarding workplace bullying.

This is not to say they are on the up as they are, but I think it is a bit "grass is greener" to say they are miles in front of us.

They have a ways to go as we do.
Not to mention the advantage of having Gould (ex Penrith football manager) poaching Kikau & Crichton.

Ryan

Journey Man
Can’t disagree there , they do take up the major part of our cap.
They are both amazing players though.

DCE is never injured. He adds heaps of value and earns every dollar. Give him a week to week real life forward pack to play behind, lookout.

Tom is elite, but just can't stay in the park sadly.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think Seibs can coach but we still have roster concerns in the middle.
can i ask what leads you to that conclusion. Honestly would like to know.

He had 1 decent season coaching a side that Benny built stacked with stars in or just after their prime. A lot like Toovey IMHO. I loved Tooves as a player and a manly man but it goes pretty well unsaid that he wasn't much of a coach. He too had a stacked roster and a team of absolute champions that Des built.

Anyway i digress.

Seibold has done nothing of note. he had a decent Broncos and got rid of all the old guys. look how that ended up. We missed the 8 last year and are currently borderline this year. If we have an awesome end of year and he gets us deep into the finals then great. perhaps he can coach. BUT at this very moment there is not 1 ounce of credibility to the guys coaching ability.

Sure I was a des Guy as ive said so many times. But look at facts. in the 4 years we went deep into the finals 2 on of those runs. he too didnt have Turbo for extended periods but still took a rag tag bunch to the semis in 2019. look at these sides.

we have so much more talent at the moment. yet still no bacon.

Ryan

Journey Man

He had 1 decent season coaching a side that Benny built stacked with stars in or just after their prime. A lot like Toovey IMHO. I loved Tooves as a player and a manly man but it goes pretty well unsaid that he wasn't much of a coach. He too had a stacked roster and a team of absolute champions that Des built.

Anyway i digress.

Seibold has done nothing of note. he had a decent Broncos and got rid of all the old guys. look how that ended up. We missed the 8 last year and are currently borderline this year. If we have an awesome end of year and he gets us deep into the finals then great. perhaps he can coach. BUT at this very moment there is not 1 ounce of credibility to the guys coaching ability.

Sure I was a des Guy as ive said so many times. But look at facts. in the 4 years we went deep into the finals 2 on of those runs. he too didnt have Turbo for extended periods but still took a rag tag bunch to the semis in 2019. look at these sides.

Who would you go for, mate ? Who do you think would turn things around for us ?

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Anyway i digress.

That 2019 team list where Des had Jetski and Waddell over Guaca was a disgrace after Guaca’s debut.

Seibold was the one coach last season who came up with the game plan on how to go about getting over the Panthers, tge execution wasn’t the best last season with the shifting of the ball however Seibold was the one coach to come up with the plan, the Donkeys almost got over the line in the Grand Final copying this tactic.

Ryan

Journey Man
That 2019 team list where Des had Jetski and Waddell over Guaca was a disgrace after Guaca’s debut.

Seibold was the one coach last season who came up with the game plan on how to go about getting over the Panthers, tge execution wasn’t the best last season with the shifting of the ball however Seibold was the one coach to come up with the plan, the Donkeys almost got over the line in the Grand Final copying this tactic.
I remember that mate. What an absolute abomination that call was after his debut hahahaha. In hindsight , it's actually pretty funny.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember that mate. What an absolute abomination that call was after his debut hahahaha. In hindsight , it's actually pretty funny.
Yeh I think the majority of posters on here found that one hard to swallow, Jetski had been way below par and kept getting selected..

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Two players on that list would completely transform the current team: AFB and Api. I understand why we let both of them go, and - at least with AFB - it was pretty much taken out of our hands. But I always thought we could build a premiership pack around AFB, and we've been without a proper hooker for years now. In an alternate universe, where those two were still at the club, we would be contenders.

LeonardCohen

Bencher

Anyway i digress.

Based on the same information we are all privy to...the way we play each week and what gets filtered through the media.

Last edited:

Nike

Reserve Grader
So whats cant News Ltd invest in business to make money. Russell Crowe won a premiership, whilst under his control, what has Penn won or achieved ?...

"So this is his premiership, his creation. He dreamed big and he made it happen. For all who have contributed, they could not have without Crowe. He has brought success back to Redfern, bringing the pride back to the Pride of the League. He is, quite simply, their saviour"

We are 5 points of wooden spoon. Play with yourself if you want to play games. Your a moron.

Your personal attack on me, came after I suggested if Seibold goes can he take Penn with him. I stand by that still. He has helped Manly achieve nothing but ongoing mediocrity.
Nah I somewhat agree on most of what you said. I just don't think Crowe had much to do with Bennett arriving at Souths, no dispute on what he has historically helped achieve for South. I also think News Corp investment and subsequent divestment from Betr is dodgy.

Nothing personal I just talk **** on the internet lol, happy to leave it at that.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seibold's first season as an NRL coach in 2018 was a fair coaching achievement. He took over Souths - who had finished 12th in both 2017 and 2016 - and had them running top 2 or 3 all year. Eventually lost a close Prelim final to the Chooks, who won the GF the next week. Probably comparable to what the Warriors guy did last year.

As for what happened at the Broncos, well documented he was white anted by people who thought a Bronco (Walters) should have got the job. Besides which, that Broncos side wasn't exactly "stacked with champions". It had a few ageing stars with a big bunch of promising but very inexperienced talent.

The Who

Journey Man
We've been through a few coaches since our last premiership yet there has been one constant in our decline . . . (well, maybe two if you count DCE)

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18