The Anthony Seibold Grievances MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I reckon this is one of the critical junctures where the club have to be sensible. We are not a basket case, have plenty of injuries and have an average forward pack that is not premiership winning by any stretch. It’s pretty simplistic to think that the grass is greener on the other side. The answer is not to sack Seibs and start all over again. It takes time. A new coach is not going to come in and completely turn everything around.

It’ll mean spending the last two years of DCE’s career trying to rebuild around him again with new systems and a roster turn over. It’s fraught with danger.

If we take the fools way out and shaft Seibs, I can see us being the next Tigers/Bulldogs. I’d love us to be challenging for a premiership right now but we aren’t and bringing in a new coach won’t change that. It’ll just move us closer to the abyss. Be careful what you wish for.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Let's see how the team lineup is next weekend and what the result is. Will be very interesting because if he fails this test then the knives will be out.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I reckon this is one of the critical junctures where the club have to be sensible. We are not a basket case, have plenty of injuries and have an average forward pack that is not premiership winning by any stretch. It’s pretty simplistic to think that the grass is greener on the other side. The answer is not to sack Seibs and start all over again. It takes time. A new coach is not going to come in and completely turn everything around.

It’ll mean spending the last two years of DCE’s career trying to rebuild around him again with new systems and a roster turn over. It’s fraught with danger.

If we take the fools way out and shaft Seibs, I can see us being the next Tigers/Bulldogs. I’d love us to be challenging for a premiership right now but we aren’t and bringing in a new coach won’t change that. It’ll just move us closer to the abyss. Be careful what you wish for.
You might want to re think saying Bulldogs there. Currently equal 4th and 2nd best defense in the league. I wish we were in their category but we aren't, we are miles behind the dogs now.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You might want to re think saying Bulldogs there. Currently equal 4th and 2nd best defense in the league. I wish we were in their category but we aren't, we are miles behind the dogs now.
They are flying.
But, as I recently wondered here, who gets more credit for how they are going... Ciraldo?
Or Laundie...

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

100% agreed.

I guess we will see if our illustrious owner has learnt anything over the last decade.

I won't hold my breath, although Seibs does seem to have a silver tounge.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Someone at last that posts a bit of sense , 11/10!!!

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
They are flying.
But, as I recently wondered here, who gets more credit for how they are going... Ciraldo?
Or Laundie...
The whole organisation from top down at the Dogs got it's act together. Laundy, Gould , Ciraldo , recruitment team , targeted the players they needed. Unlike us that seem to lurch from haphazard to desperate signings. Dogs pathways have been in place for a couple of years. Our pathway is Blacktown which has yielded very little.

Nordburg

First Grader
Well check out who they’ve bought in recent years , I don’t think the coach is the major reason.
I’d suggest the coach is the major reason,with a splash of Gould.Other than the likes of Crichton,Kikau and Burton,look at the other players that have been brought in or brought through,like King,Salmon,Wilson and Kiraz,amongst others.All improved immeasurably.Only the coach and his assistants can improve the team’s defence the way they have

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
We have earned 1 less point than the Dogs. Same amount of losses.

6 of their 8 wins have been Newcastle (x2), Titans, Tigers, Saints and Eels.

With two decent wins, a 1 point win over the Sharks and a 4 point win over the Roosters.

What is your reasoning around us being miles behind them?

Personally I think they have really improved, especially defensively but won't have enough to make the 8.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our pathway is Blacktown which has yielded very little.
There was this guy, Smokin Joe mentioned him in the 2021 Blacktown thread... but for some reason he left for the Chooks in 2022 (and ended up playing NRL for Chooks that year).

Terrell May a seriously good player who was trialling for a top 30 spot with Tigers last year,could really stand up and make our 30 next year with some guys maybe leaving,a lot of skill

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
We have earned 1 less point than the Dogs. Same amount of losses.

6 of their 8 wins have been Newcastle (x2), Titans, Tigers, Saints and Eels.

With two decent wins, a 1 point win over the Sharks and a 4 point win over the Roosters.

What is your reasoning around us being miles behind them?

Personally I think they have really improved, especially defensively but won't have enough to make the 8.
As I said above. From top down they've setup the organisation for success and it's beginning to show. Their NSW cup and Flegg teams are successful, their junior pathways are yielding results , their financial backer actually lives in Sydney and knows success. Where's our backer.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I’d suggest the coach is the major reason,with a splash of Gould.Other than the likes of Crichton,Kikau and Burton,look at the other players that have been brought in or brought through,like King,Salmon,Wilson and Kiraz,amongst others.All improved immeasurably.Only the coach and his assistants can improve the team’s defence the way they have

This, but also I read that they have only 1 player remaining from the squad that won the spoon in 2021. So the coach also has the luxury of using the salary cap money to build the exact squad he wants.

Ryan

Journey Man

How do you account for the other 9 years of mediocrity? This isn't just a 2024 thing. BTW, I agree with you regarding the coach, but where DO you think we need to improve (realistically).

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
As I said above. From top down they've setup the organisation for success and it's beginning to show. Their NSW cup and Flegg teams are successful, their junior pathways are yielding results , their financial backer actually lives in Sydney and knows success. Where's our backer.
Fair enough, I guess we see things differently.

They have missed the 8 the last 7 years, winning a spoon in that time with a best finish of 11th.

In terms of lower grades their NSW Cup team have the same number of wins as Workers, Flegg a couple more.

Junior pathways yeilding results, Kiraz, Wilson and Hughes look decent but no Penrith yet.

Recruitment, they have had a huge amount of cap space and have therefore done well to land Crichton, Addo Carr, Kikau, Burton and Mahoney but they have also missed Luai, Johnson, AFB, Moses and Smith and they have also picked up Knight, Taaffe, Tetevano, Hutchinson, Suluka Fifita and Salmaen.

They have a player sueing them regarding workplace bullying.

This is not to say they are on the up as they are, but I think it is a bit "grass is greener" to say they are miles in front of us.

They have a ways to go as we do.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I’m clearly referring to the Bulldogs recent wooden spoons and decade of perpetual failure and revolving door of coaches. In fact, last year they were trounced 66-0 and their fans for calling for Ciraldo’s head. But they stuck with him and the tide is turning. If anything, they support my assertion.

Absolutely, they’re going well and it’s probably because they decided not to throw the baby out with the bath water for a change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18