The Andrew Johns Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I know he's the best player in the world.

I know he has 4 Dally M awards.

I know he is the poster boy of the NRL and has contracts with Channel 9 but I am so sick and tired of having his name jamed down my throat. Its not his fault, I love watching him play, I feel privilaged to one day be able to talk to my grandchildren about how great he was but for peats sake last night should have been called 'How many awards will Johns get'.

I understand he has a role in our game as a hero to children ect ect but to cross to Johns nearly every 5 minutes to see how he is and if he will get an award is rediculous. Im suprised they didn't ask him how he'd fair in the front rower of the year award.

Thats my gripe for the day. Tommorrow it will be about how Thruston should be in prison instead of recieving awards. :evil:

We should consider ourselves privilged to be able to have watched Andrew Johns throughout his entire career. He will be one of the games immortals.

Whilst I am just a little to young to have experienced the likes of Raper & Gasnier (Reg) at their prime I am sure that if the game was under the same media scrutiny that it is today they too would have received Johns like treatment by the media.

I spent too much time hating Wally Lewis to admire his skill, something now that I regret. I will not make the same mistake with Johns.

AS for Thurston, the moment his name was announced as the winner I turned off the TV. It made me sick to know that he had won the award. I went to the bedroom and my wife asked who won and her first words were "slimey little grub". Pretty much sums my opinion of him as well.

How quickly we forget the flu epidemic that swept over the competition in the pre-season of 2004.

If the NRL can give Mason the Clive Churchill medal than this certainly doesn't surprise me.

For goodness sakes, Folks got coach of the year in 2004 :0

I also agree with Flips comments and I do admire Johnsy's abilities.

And here I am thinking Corso watched the 1st game od rugby league in Australia as a middle aged man.

I think Joey was equally embarrassed about it as well. I guess they had to pay for the satellite link so they figured they'd get their moneys worth.

The thing that annoyed me most was Warren Smith running through the leader board verbatim after each round of voting. His attempts at trying to make it sound exciting were painful. FFS we can all read, just get on with the count.

Exactly. If I were Johns, I would be extreemly embaresed at the amount of attention I recieved. There is no way Johns can be modest, even if he tries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6