The absolute honest truth about yesterday... who stays and goes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
How did we end up with 5 players in the squad who are (or wannabe) 5/8s?
- Foran, Schuster, Cust, Walker, Croker

Agree Walker will never be a fullback. Without Turbo it has to be either: Harper or Funa.

We essentially played game 1 with no fullback, no hooker, and 3 5/8s.

[Beyond Jake trying as hard as always], the only bright(ish) spots from game 1:
i) Paseka.
ii) Davey.

YESTERDAY:

1. Walker - Is not a fullback, will never be a fullback, and not surprisingly could not have looked more uncomfortable, summed up sadly by the awfully spilt bomb into touch in the second half. 105 metres just doesn't cut it. If he is selected there again we might as well go and wait at the spoon ceremony now.

2. Saab - Is not quite a first grader at this point, but we desperately need his height and speed.

3. Parker - 3 missed tackles, and all of them damaging, with nothing in attack to offset it. Would honestly not make first grade at any other club. Has to be dropped.

4. Suli - Did little, but nothing alarming.

5. Garrick - Where to start? Completely out of his depth yesterday. Stats list 1 missed tackle but it felt like more. Not jumping at all for that first try just handed it to Tedesco. Must be dropped.

6. Foran - Sure has a nice pass at the line, but missed an alarming 5 tackles on that paper thin left edge. Must be the bench half/hooker next week for 2 x 15 min spells to protect his body.

7. DCE - The alarmingly disinterested DCE turned up. 3 errors, 7 missed tackles, and worse than all of that just 6 runs for 46 metres. Note that Cleary made 17 runs for 140 metres last night. Awful. Let's hope it's just a one off.

8. Aloiai - Worked hard in a badly beaten team.

9. Croker - Try as he does unfortunately nowhere near a first grade hooker. 5 missed tackles and just 1 run from dummy half in the modern 6 again game is a disaster. Cust has to come in. Or anyone else.

10. Taupau - Never shirks the work, but seems below the impact of former years. Onto next week.

11. Gosiewski - Only played 45 mins, effectively half a game, but 3 runs for 31 metres and 4 missed tackles is very worrying. Davey must come in.

12. Sironen - 80 mins, 36 tackles, 1 missed. No complaints.

13. Jake Trbojevic - 80 mins, 43 tackles, 15 runs, 125 metres. Scary to think what Roosters could have scored without him.

14. Funa - 6 mins. Why was he selected? Completely gives up a vital interchange spot. Must be fullback or winger or left out.

15. Davey - 5 tackle breaks in 35 mins. Must start.

16. Boyle - Just not a first grader. 3 missed tackles (and 4 ineffective). Offers nothing in attack. Must be dropped.

17. Paseka - No problem. Hopefully can do more damage as the weeks unfold.

NEXT WEEK:

Backs.

Walker to centre, Funa in
Garrick out, Tuipoluto in
Parker out, (for Walker)
Foran to 14, Schuster in (and for the rest of the season)
DCE, rocket from Des, followed by an apology at training!

Forwards.
Croker out, Cust in
Gosiewski to bench, Davey starts
Boyle out, Keppie or Sipley on bench

Sure this new team will have a lot to learn, but if we go with the round 1 team against Souths it could well be 60 points.

In summary, this is not intended to be a personal attack on anyone, I love my club and always will, it is simply an honest critique and analysis of what unfolded yesterday, and who must stay/ go if we are to avoid the bottom of the table.

Welcome any comments/thoughts/disagreements.
I can't agree with you about Sir Loin. He should be dropped. He has no attack and never thinks about passing. Our outside backs struggle enough without him hogging the ball and not giving them at least a chance to attack.
In 2019 he was a top player, but age or complacency or bad coaching has caught up with him and, for me, he is our most disappointing forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11