The 2020 Top 8 ( your say).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think the Sharks, Panthers and Knights Will all struggle with the same issues as last year, Raiders will start slow and then build up

i have Tigers, Bulldogs, Titans to cause a heap of upsets and disrupt teams, keeping the middle 6 close,

I dont get the Cowboys squad, they got holmes but front row is short and still havnt recovered from JT retirement,

Dragons, Warriors to flop hard

Bottom 8 to look like

Knights
Panthers
Tigers
Titans
Cowboys
Bulldogs
Dragons
Warriors

1. Chooks

2. Melb

3. Rabbits

4. Canberra

5. Eels

6. MANLY

7. Riff

8. Bris

9. Sharks
10. Cows
11. Knights
12. Dragons
13. Tigers
14. Bulldogs
15. NZ
16. Titans

Ok. Here goes. I've gotten out the tarot cards, magic 8-ball and every other piece of superstitious crap I can lay may hands on and come up with the following.

1. Manly......I think we have the side to give it a real shake this year.
2. Rooters...I think Keary will more than cover for Cronk and they'll pick up the other Morris.
3. Scum....unfortunately they're always thereabouts.
4. Faders....solid side with very little disruption. Losing BJ was a bonus.
5. Squeels....might actually go better than this but I can't put them in my top 4...unnatural.
6. Vermin...losing Sam will hurt. If Latrell gets involved and stays involved, could be higher than 6.
7. Ponies....as if Toddy will let them miss the 8.
8. Riff....surely they can't miss out again.

Oh well. Let's see how that one goes.

And the Spoon........I like the Tits......@:D

Last edited:
1. Knights - right time in their cycle I reckon
2. Manly - healthy team will do us wonders
3. Riff - love their side but who knows
4. Rorters - wont be far away but Trell a big loss imo
5. Storm - when are they not up there
6. Raiders - some key changes could play against them
7. Broncos - forward pack too good to not make semis surely
8. Cows - couple of good additions

Smokies - Dogs, who knows what they are capable of but they were enjoyable football team to watch in the last 7 or 8 rounds last year...

Spoon - Dragqueens

Probs wont look anything like that but I wont care one iota if Manly can win another flag.... which I reckon they are getting close to...

Last edited:
My top 8

Manly
Chooks
Scum
Souffs
Worms
Faders
Riff
Drugcastle

I think both Brisbane and Cronulla will drop out with Penrith and the Knights coming in from last years top 8.

I hated putting Doesn't-matta in there, but I will acknowledge that they do have some talent in their squad. Plus with their shiny new stadium and the area they are in being seen as a battle for league, soccer and Aussie rules, favours might be handed out from NRL referees.

The Dogs could be the biggest surprise. But they'll need a lot more to go right than wrong.

The rest will basically make up the numbers. Sure they'll pull off some wins, but not enough needed to make the top 8. 2020 will be a long year for St Merge, Warriors, Tigpies, Cows and Tits fans.

Eels
Eagles
Raiders
Roosters
Brisbane
Storm
Rabbits
Panthers

Warriors spoon

Don't think there will be much between the top 6, I only have us at 6 because of the favourable or is that favourite draw of those above and potential injuries with a late start for some of our guys.
No worse than 6 but as high as 1 for us.
Also think 7 to 10 will be tight with Cows, Broncos nudging out Knights and Sharks

Souths
Raiders
Roosters
Eels
Storm
Eagles
Cowboys
Broncos

Spoon - Warriors

That said my Crystal ball was smudged and dirty, so might explain why Eels Souths Raiders Storm Roosters are where they are !!!

Sweet. Looks like it's party time at MFBs place October long weekend. Looking forward to cracking open the Penfold collection.

Would you like to try one from the 70’s 80’s or 90’s ( after that they got too expensive for me)??

Just bumping this up in case anyone hasn’t put their predictions in.

Just a bit of fun , no prizes just bragging rights after the last game.

So if you haven’t put yours in yet AWAY YOU GO!!

That would be great. Thanks Mark. I would love to try a bottle from the 70s, 80s and 90s. I don't care what those other guys say, you are a very generous man MFB. ;)

Can’t believe the current Grange is now $700 a bottle.

I stopped buying after it went past $300.

Because mine have been cellared ( wine fridge ) for 35 years the old ones are pretty valuable.

Having just lost a ****load on the stock market I might have to sell a few to be able to buy some toilet paper.

Interesting to read the Foxsports “ expert analysts” ( Lol ) tips for their top 8, best we do is 5th ( only one I think) and most have us at 7/8.

It’s so nice to prove these arseholes wrong isn’t it!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4