The 2020 Asterisk Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Was thinking about how 2 of the Warriors best players were guys that are on loan from Penrith and Parra. This wouldn't happen in a normal year. The integrity of the comp this year is shot to pieces. I cannot recall a more dodgy year when it come to rule changes and just basic inequality of the comp. It really is a mickey mouse comp this year.

It's definitely an asterisk comp
Teams borrowing players late inclusions on reduced contracts , home and away games , teams based out of there areas
A bit of survival of the fittest
Whoever wins it will be known as the Covid-19 winners
If there is a winner in all of this ....

Was thinking about how 2 of the Warriors best players were guys that are on loan from Penrith and Parra. This wouldn't happen in a normal year. The integrity of the comp this year is shot to pieces. I cannot recall a more dodgy year when it come to rule changes and just basic inequality of the comp. It really is a mickey mouse comp this year.
Unless of course by some miracle we win it, then it’s completely legit!

You can only play what’s in front of you. You wouldn’t be calling it the asterisk comp if we won it. You’d definitely be calling it number 9.
Yep I agree re playing what’s in front that’s all they can do. However there is little doubt teams (eels) have been given significant advantages over others (raiders, warriors, storm) therefore rendering it an uneven and not a level playing field. This season has been about putting a product on the field and ensuring an income and revenue stream is maintained. The team that wins (even if that’s us) will always know this comp won’t really compare to other years based on the changes made and impacts on other clubs.

Yep I agree re playing what’s in front that’s all they can do. However there is little doubt teams (eels) have been given significant advantages over others (raiders, warriors, storm) therefore rendering it an uneven and not a level playing field. This season has been about putting a product on the field and ensuring an income and revenue stream is maintained. The team that wins (even if that’s us) will always know this comp won’t really compare to other years based on the changes made and impacts on other clubs.
plus the fact the draw some teams have got over others ..look at parra barely left sydney all season

It's an asterisk comp for me due to the changing of the rules and the fact there hasn't been an even playing field with home ground / travel issues etc. On the home ground / travel, I accept that there was no other choice, but it operated to the significant advantage of some clubs (e.g., parra and other Sydney clubs) and the the significant disadvantage of others (in particular the Raiders). There is no excuse for introducing a material new rule after the comp had started.

In saying that, if the Broncos win the spoon I will be acknowledging the legitimacy of the competition!

Whoever wins this year should go down as a team who has truly earnt the hell out of a premiership. Dead set. To excel under these conditions is something special. (Unless Parra win it then I'll keep telling my mate it doesn't count and they still need a vcr to view their last premiership win)

It’s a unique comp, that’s for sure. Some teams have had advantages, if one of them wins then most fans will consider it asterisked.
Still possible we won’t get that far, with covid bubbles being burst it may be neck and neck as to whether or not we get to finish at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2