The 1 point

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
It really mixes the comp up for us, takes points differential out of play, and has its positives and negatives

What it means for us is that there may be a lot of table hopping, with a good differential on even points, it isn't easy for teams that were behind us to catch and jump us, a loss now can leave us vulnerable to a chasing pack

On the flip side, Souths and Chooks have a much better differential than us so if they drop a couple we can skip up the ladder easier

It will prove valuable. The match showed that we will beat Melbourne at a neutral venue and with neutral refs. We had a few key players out. It was a massive effort.
If they back-up against Canberra they are super-human. Must be that new Yugoslavian strength conditioner is having a good effort on their stamina and endurance.

Yeah it takes the F/A out of the equation but i would not read to much into it, at the end of the day we just need to work on our attack and discipline and everything else will fall into place.

Yeah the 1 point is an interesting one.

It worked for cornulla last year, that 1 point proved to be a pain afor other teams all year.

I agree with The Who that the 1 point will be valuable at years end. Realistically, I think most people thought we wouldn't get anything out of tonights game. 1 point will prove to be a bonus, although we deserved 2.

The Who said:
It will prove valuable. The match showed that we will beat Melbourne at a neutral venue and with neutral refs. We had a few key players out. It was a massive effort.
If they back-up against Canberra they are super-human. Must be that new Yugoslavian strength conditioner is having a good effort on their stamina and endurance.

Yugoslavian ay?? no such thing anymore, is He Serbian or Croatian? either way they are both Crazy nutcases. Im one of them lol

I will take 1 point from a game with the scum, down at scum head quarters any time.

The 1 point is a valuable buffer and it definitely beats the Scum receiving 2 competition points that they don't deserve.

SeaEagle007 said:
The Who said:

Yugoslavian ay?? no such thing anymore, is He Serbian or Croatian? either way they are both Crazy nutcases. Im one of them lol

Didn't Greese take over over one of those countries before they went belly up?
He was still born in Yugoslavia, that can't change.

It's takes the For and Against out of the equation EXCEPT for the Storms F/A. We'll be tracking with them all season.

Storm 77 (15 points)
Manly 71 (13 points)

1 point is 1 point more than I thought we'd get....not nearly as good as 2 but hey a whole lotter better than 0

weev said:
It's takes the For and Against out of the equation EXCEPT for the Storms F/A. We'll be tracking with them all season.

Storm 77 (15 points)
Manly 71 (13 points)

Fair point Weev - and that could be crucial if we are fighting for 2nd & 3rd.

Eagles2nv said:
Yeah the 1 point is an interesting one.

It worked for cornulla last year, that 1 point proved to be a pain afor other teams all year.

Cornulla are an amaizeing footy team though.

50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. It got us back into the top four and with all the BS of last night in terms of the penalty count i think it's a very big positive.

Clint said:
weev said:

Storm 77 (15 points)
Manly 71 (13 points)

It is clint, and also if we are fighting between 4 and 5 or even 8 and 9.

This weekends games could see us bump them.
Storm v roosters
Manly v c'bra

And we meet the storm again in the second last round at brookie.

weev said:
Clint said:
weev said:

Storm 77 (15 points)
Manly 71 (13 points)

It is clint, and also if we are fighting between 4 and 5 or even 8 and 9.

This weekends games could see us bump them.
Storm v roosters
Manly v c'bra

And we meet the storm again in the second last round at brookie.

I get your point weev, but I can't see us fighting the Storm for 8th spot to be honest mate, or even fourth for that matter.
I think it's possible that we could end up in a battle with them for 2nd though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4