That Old MANLY feeling....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I said the other day , the Manly we all know and love is back and despite my previous grievances there’s only one person we can thank for that.

Yes, the Coach.

Ha. I'd love to have the time to pull out some of your old posts Mark of what you'd do if Des came back.
I'm with you. I never thought that I'd ever support Des again after what he did, but yet here we are. #Desreturnoftheking
And yes @maxta can definitely feel it.
Manly is back baby!!!!

Ha. I'd love to have the time to pull out some of your old posts Mark of what you'd do if Des came back.
I'm with you. I never thought that I'd ever support Des again after what he did, but yet here we are. #Desreturnoftheking
And yes @maxta can definitely feel it.
Manly is back baby!!!!

I know, I’ve had to consume some very big humble pie!!

Look to be honest and I’ve said this, I’ll never forgive him for what he did , never!!

But I never doubted he was a great coach and a Manly man, and that he’d be good for us if he came back!

And yes I’m happy he’s back , and doing well but I’ll never forget those dark days straight after 2011.

Look to be honest and I’ve said this, I’ll never forgive him for what he did , never!!

But I never doubted he was a great coach and a Manly man, and that he’d be good for us if he came back!

And yes I’m happy he’s back , and doing well but I’ll never forget those dark days straight after 2011.

We all have had our dark days , No exceptions

and if we can forgive our selves then we should be able to forgive others

image.png

?

If this is a defence of Baz, nRl CoAcHiNg LeGeNd, call me shocked. Even in 2017 we had moments where we completely capitulated and looked like a bottom 4, heartless side. The players have been praising Des, pretty sure Tommy trbo said Dessie was the best coach he worked with the other day and for him to say a comment like that then there must be a huge difference between where a quality coach like Hasler is, and where that excuse-taking dragon Trent Barrett is

I am unsure if Baz can or can't coach, 2017 everyone said we over performed based on our squad, last year he was white anted by the owners who took the club down to 15th just to spite him. I do recall Jake say Baz was the best coach he had worked with so guess Tooves and Des are woeful based on that. WE also completely capitulated this year eg the tigers. Very little change so far, better defence, poorer attack with less injuries and full support of the club and heaps of extra staff.

I actually don't mind Baz being gone but we lost Tooves from the club because he came in to clean up the sh!tfight De$ left. Tooves is Manly, De$ is not.

These days I get my laughs out of the hypocritical posts defending Da$$ler for all the same sh!t that was the coaches fault last year even though da$$ler has a silver platter to work with.

We finished 6th in 17 with a similar squad. Anything less is an absolute failure

I am unsure if Baz can or can't coach, 2017 everyone said we over performed based on our squad, last year he was white anted by the owners who took the club down to 15th just to spite him. I do recall Jake say Baz was the best coach he had worked with so guess Tooves and Des are woeful based on that. WE also completely capitulated this year eg the tigers. Very little change so far, better defence, poorer attack with less injuries and full support of the club and heaps of extra staff.

I actually don't mind Baz being gone but we lost Tooves from the club because he came in to clean up the sh!tfight De$ left. Tooves is Manly, De$ is not.

These days I get my laughs out of the hypocritical posts defending Da$$ler for all the same sh!t that was the coaches fault last year even though da$$ler has a silver platter to work with.

We finished 6th in 17 with a similar squad. Anything less is an absolute failure
Des is manly. To say, after bringing us back in his first and now his second stint, that he is not a manly man is unfair. Who did Tooves learn off, Des, both are great coaches and we’d all love for Toovs to come back in an assisant’s role to partner Des again. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone and Hasler found that out the hard way. He had a big contract offer and some tension with personalities at our club that probably made that Bulldogs offer more attractive than it ever would’ve before.

Jake never said Baz was his best coach, he was simply defending him when **** was hitting the fan (aka when we became the worst manly side in our history last season)

As for Tigers, I don’t think we totally capitulated against them at all. Rd 1 and our attack was sloppy, this lead to us defending for a majority of the 60 minutes until the tigers finally cracked us, which opened the flood gates for 15 or so minutes. After that we steadied the ship, held them back and scored one of our own to end the match with plenty of positives.

Des didn’t destroy us, had we played smarter, listened to and kept Toovs we would’ve remained competitve, but that all doesn’t matter now as we missed the spoon (just) in our bad period and can now continue our way up. If you’re still holding a grudge at Des then write some angry letters and scrunch them up

Will you forgive him he start backending again?

Des is not Manly? Really? He has four premierships to his name for our great club. How many have you delivered @Fluffy. The self entitled rubbish which gets spewed out on here at times is unbelievable. You are free to dislike the man (hate him even) if you so choose, but to make the claim that he is not Manly is completely ludicrous. Comparing his coaching credentials to Barrett, even more so. I’d pay good money to watch you stand up in a room filled with “Manly” people as you try explaining how Dessie isn’t one of them, how do you think it would be received by Ken Arthurson, Snake, Cliff Lyons, Killer, Bozo etc? They’d all laugh at you mate.

Last edited:
Des is not Manly? Really? He has four premierships to his name for our great club. How many have you delivered @Fluffy. The self entitled rubbish which gets spewed out on here at times is unbelievable. You are free to dislike the man (hate him even) if you so choose, but to make the claim that he is not Manly is completely ludicrous. Comparing his coaching credentials to Barrett, even more so. I’d pay good money to watch you stand up in a room filled with “Manly” people and try telling them Dessie that isn’t one of them, how do you think it would be received by Ken Arthurson, Snake, Cliff Lyons, Killer, Bozo etc? They’d all laugh at you mate.

if he was Manly he wouldn't have screwed over the club the way he did. He put himself above the club simple as that. It happened and no one can argue it didn't.

Some stuff to jog your memory though "Manly patriarch Ken Arthurson has revealed Des Hasler made a promise to him not to poach Manly players as speculation mounts that Kieran Foran has already signed a deal to join Canterbury." Ken may not be as happy as you might think, unless he has gone soft in his old age.

There were poster of the same opinions around Ha$ler screwing us as well " I had a massive dummy spit after the game tonight but Des has certainly left his imprint on the side this year. A disruptive and complex web of back ended deals and chasing after our best young talent means we have had to unravel the puzzle and minimise the damage." posted be Kevinward777 in 2012.

if he was Manly he wouldn't have screwed over the club the way he did. He put himself above the club simple as that. It happened and no one can argue it didn't.

Some stuff to jog your memory though "Manly patriarch Ken Arthurson has revealed Des Hasler made a promise to him not to poach Manly players as speculation mounts that Kieran Foran has already signed a deal to join Canterbury." Ken may not be as happy as you might think, unless he has gone soft in his old age.

There were poster of the same opinions around Ha$ler screwing us as well " I had a massive dummy spit after the game tonight but Des has certainly left his imprint on the side this year. A disruptive and complex web of back ended deals and chasing after our best young talent means we have had to unravel the puzzle and minimise the damage." posted be Kevinward777 in 2012.
We didnt go downhill until 2015. 4 years later. Sure you can sample a quote from 2012 although im sure that’d just have been a heat of the moment comment. If Des stayed, or if Tooves was allowed to work the cap the way he wanted, no major roster issues would have occured. Unfortunately conditions pushed des away and with that his vision and financial plans couldn’t be carried out

Mate, I can understand how 2011 left a bad taste in your mouth. I doubt any real fan of the club wasn’t adversely affected by the 2011 aftermath. I detested Des for a good while, however, my hatred subsided a couple of years back when I reflected upon what the man has achieved at the club. There is also another version of events surrounding Dessie’s departure, and I think both sides had legitimate reasons to be peeved off. In any case, he’s back now and we appear to be traversing an upwards trajectory. It seems as though you are cutting your nose off to spite your face, the side has just won three in a row under adverse circumstances, and you’re posts are loaded with ongoing vitriol towards the coach. I can’t imagine it is much fun for you.

Last edited:

Mate, we've won 3 and lost 2. It's not like we are world stars here. Have an opinion. You were, and ARE right to be and have areas of concern. Our backline is still poor to average.
Don't be bullied into being overly positive by the unwashed herd here. There's a group (and they know who they are), who get overly personal if you critique anything whatsoever.
Just shows how narrow minded they are.

Be you mate.

There are honestly dead****s that come on here, after a win, to rip into posters who were concerned about different areas of our game. 5 games into the season, 3-2 is great, yes.
But lets see this after a few more games. If we are celebrating 3-3, something is wrong.

Mate, we've won 3 and lost 2. It's not like we are world stars here. Have an opinion. You were, and ARE right to be and have areas of concern. Our backline is still poor to average.
Don't be bullied into being overly positive by the unwashed herd here. There's a group (and they know who they are), who get overly personal if you critique anything whatsoever.
Just shows how narrow minded they are.

Be you mate.

There are honestly dead****s that come on here, after a win, to rip into posters who were concerned about different areas of our game. 5 games into the season, 3-2 is great, yes.
But lets see this after a few more games. If we are celebrating 3-3, something is wrong.

Don’t worry I’ll still have my opinion and it’s basically this.

We have 5 stars

Turbo
Jake
Marty
Cherry
Addin

Walker , well I’ve left him out for good reason.

We have a few reasonable journeymen in Thommo, Sirro and LG.

An aging very good past player in Jorge.

And the rest wouldn’t make FG in any of the other sides.

Des inherited not bought or set up this side.

He’s done bloody well to date to instill the real Manly into them and it’s showing on the field.

3/6 ( which I expect ) is a fair effort IF we are 4/6 that’s a bloody good effort.

They are going MUCH better than I thought.

And don’t worry about those that knock your views as this is what a forum is all about.

We lose tonight I expect most will be back whinging.

That’s life!!

We have 5 stars

Turbo
Jake
Marty
Cherry
Addin

He’s done bloody well to date to instill the real Manly into them and it’s showing on the field.

3/6 ( which I expect ) is a fair effort IF we are 4/6 that’s a bloody good effort.

And don’t worry about those that knock your views as this is what a forum is all about.

That’s life!!

Mark did you tip dragons?

We have 5 stars

Turbo
Jake
Marty
Cherry
Addin

That’s life!!

It's not whingeing per say. It's calling it how it is. And I'm sure the usual do-gooder crew will be out in force, just in case,
to attempt to dismantle anyone that does call it how it is, or how they see it.

It's be homer, and don't comment / speak, according to that group. It's COMPLETE narrow mindedness.

Two things for the numbnuts to get outraged over ....

(1) I never got angry at Dessie for leaving ... I got angry at that political piece of shiite Penn for creating the environment that made it happen ...

(2) ... and I am still angry at that useless piece of political shiite Penn for the complete lack of support he gave Barrett and OUR club when it was needed ....

I musrt be strange in that to fully support Des .... I don't have to hate Baz ......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4