Thank You Shaun Lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I know a good source who says the Eels offered him 80k more.
Now I am guessing when you are making 300k-400k, another 80k is enough to sway you.

Barrett was still coach when he signed with the slime .... I think the Gladstone fiasco and the poor treatment of Hastings had something if not a lot to do with his decision to go.

I was stoked when we signed Shaun, I have always been a fan, I'm gutted that we let him go .... especially when we re signed Frank, and the rumours going around are that we have/are going to sign Bryce Cartjoke. We surely are releasing Lewis B!? I would have preferred to keep Shaun over both Jack Gozi (re-signed) and Sirro (off contract).

Thanks big fella I too hope you return .... good luck at the slime ... you deserve better.
Sad at this decision, if that is the case.

I thought he would clock off once he secured his contract at Parra but he actually got better. Was one of our most consistent all year ( albeit in a team with more than a few passengers ) and stood out at times.

When somebody gets a decent offer and says " Nope, I'd rather play with the wooden spooners " you cant help but feel a bit rejected. The fact he chose the all time world champion serial under achievers is a real slap in the face.

from instagram it seems that he was good friends with hastings, he was the only player shown on hastings account so maybe(just speculation) he took jacko's treatment to heart a little

Hasn 't really looked back since he finally came good just after the mid point last season and went to another level this season . Was quoted as saying that Manly fought hard to retain him and most indications were that the Eels simply offered him considerable more money which Manly were not prepared to match . Regret that he is leaving , has proven quite durable as well and definitely one of more consistent performers this season and also agree , right to the end . Wish him well but naturally not when he faces Manly in future times .

Now I am guessing when you are making 300k-400k, another 80k is enough to sway you.

And I’m guessing if those negotiations were now they’d probably pay the $80k more as he’s really come on in these last 8-10 weeks!!

Don't get the love for the guy, in the Marty thread all I see is "if he wants to go the he can f*ck off, and the same for any other player that wants out" and on here the comments are all bemoaning a player that wants to go. Strange dichotomy.

He did his bit. Even after he signed he had a real dig. I don't blame him if he went for the money but I expect the Hastings thing had a lot do with his decision.

But Parra FFS....all his potential can basically wave Bye Bye.....
If Storm signed him, Bellamy would turn him into a gun, so I would get that scenario.
I guess money talks and there is a fair bit more that we don't know behind the Brookie shadows.

Noticed in the paper that Parramatta have fined him 10% of his contract for his indiscretion on Manly's Mad Monday. $17500.???? So he went to Parramatta for $175,000. Just doesn't sound right.

Question. Who on here would have kept Lane above sirro and Thompson this year? Answer? Nobody..... was never a great loss. Only really shon last year because we were so bad... a copper turd could have looked like gold during the TB fiasco.

A bit harsh really I thought he went okay. But I agree Thomson and Sirro are our best but depth is always good.

Question. Who on here would have kept Lane above sirro and Thompson this year? Answer? Nobody..... was never a great loss. Only really shon last year because we were so bad... a copper turd could have looked like gold during the TB fiasco.

Before the season started I would of kept Lane over Sirro without a doubt.

Thought Lane was one of our best last year. Of course comparing his 24 games (and 9 tries) to Sirro's 4 games is hardly fair.

He'd still be here if it wasn't for the Townsville incident. So i hear.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11