Thank goodness it’s over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hasler and co that was the worst season in a long Long while

if we as a club stand for that s$$$ in 2021 then we are in need of a real good hard look at ourselves.

i have never ever felt this disgusted, hurt, burntout from supporting manly than in 2020.

thank you all on here for season 2020 in which I hope we never have a season like it again.

des‘s greatest challenge starts now, finals is the bare minimum for us In 2021

Last edited:
This season was doomed before it started for Manly. When Fainu put himself in the position he did after we had released Api meant that we were right behind the 8 ball with no hooker and then we had to scurry and bring in a replacement who had limited skills.

The first 6 rounds showed great committment and heart and there was no indication of what was to to come. To only win 3 of the remaining 14 games tells the story and in most of those defeats we got absolutely towelled.

The bleeding obvious over the off season is we have to do something immediately about our defence. I have not seen since the infamous northern Eagles days and the early days when Manly came back that our team just leaked points so badly. I understand the injuries decimated us and the team did not function, Defence is effort and committment and we had little of that and precious resilience that went out the window after round 6.

I also plead with the coach that next season he plays guys in their normal positions. to see the defensive decisions our guys are making especially over the last 2 months is soul destroying.

We need to get DCE some support as without him it would have been so much worse and he did create a lot of our tries in the last 2 months especially. The lack of support at 6 and 9 made it impossible for him.

We need to be smart with our recruitment. We seem a yard or two slower than the top teams, the game is all about speed now and the lack of it in our team is very evident.

Too many passengers this season and there needs to be a ruthless cull of guys who just do not cut it!! Next season is make or break for Des and the team. We cannot afford another 3 months like we have just witnessed.

We need 17 guys out there giving their all, playing with freedom and common sense. So much to work on during the off season. The hard yards start now!!

I reserve judgement on Des ,let him pick his own team and see how he goes.
I agree with you on that but come 2021season end if we are not fighting for at least 6-7th position questions will need to be asked of the coach.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
The problem has been that in the past 3 and a half months there has rarely been a game where someone hasn't gone down with an injury that was minor enough to see them play the next week. We haven't had a settled team, especially in the halves and backs, all year. Even our backups like Elliot went down injured. What we've been left with is a lower grade quality side playing first grade.

Question. Would you really want to throw someone like Ben Trbjoevic into that on a day like today? It would shatter his confidence in his first day on the job.

Get Turbo, Walker, Suli, Foran etc fit and playing in 2021, plus a good dummy half (until and if Fainu comes back), and no way do we play as bad as we we have this year.

I know how you feel, but 2018 wasn't that long ago though.
You are right totally forgot about that but this season I feel was worse.
one thing we can’t accept that standard in 2021 as a club.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
If only Fainu had stayed at home and not gone to the dance. If only Turbo and Walks hadn't been injured ... while still not absolute premiership contenders, I do believe we'd have still made the top 8 even with the injuries to players like Suli, AFB, Thommo and Jorge.

If, if, if..... If is F1 spelled backwards. Unfortunately we were more like Formula 3's than Formula 1.

If only Fainu had stayed at home and not gone to the dance. If only Turbo and Walks hadn't been injured ... while still not absolute premiership contenders, I do believe we'd have still made the top 8 even with the injuries to players like Suli, AFB, Thommo and Jorge.

If, if, if..... If is F1 spelled backwards. Unfortunately we were more like Formula 3's than Formula 1.

Hang on, is this footloose

All we can hope is that this season was an aberration. Plenty of valid excuses if you want to look for them (COVID-19, Fainu, injuries, etc). Would have been nice if the team could have shown a bit of grit, as they did last season, but they didn't. So, fresh slate next year and let's see what happens. But if it's a continuation of this, we're cactus.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2