Tevita Funa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes but it was a fleeting comment and Des saying it and it actually happening could be two different things. Especially playing the bottom of the table team, it may be very tempting to rest Turbo for another week.

I would play him and rest someone else.

The number of players being placed on report has become laughable. Very few warrant a penalty let alone missing matches for non-existent "crushers" or braced tackles which are now called shoulder charges. Surely if you are stationery and just bracing for an impact you are not "charging" anybody. You should be able to win a judiciary hearing simply by using this logic as your defence.
I saw one player today penalised for a 'head high' tackle when his opponent had slipped and his head was barely a foot above the turf. It seems every time a player stays down the Bunker looks for a sinister reason.
The sport has so much wrong with it these days. I hope that the finals are refereed like finals should be with a minimum of interference, especially from the dreaded Bunker.
The Bunker haven't worked out that part of the game is to go in and wrap the ball up; that's not a strip. Yesterday in the Chooks game, a Dragons player tackled Taukeiaho, and in doing so, wrapped up the ball to prevent an offload (which all players do). Then the ball carrier tried thrust his arm back in an attempt to free the ball from the defenders clutches and lost it in the process. It was ruled a strip but the ball carrier was the one responsible for it. Just about everything is a strip these days.

Given a fair go he could have proven better than the 2 we used all year.
Des's extreme loyalty to his players has advantages & disadvantages. He continues to select players in positions even when their form has slipped. Thus, Funa hasn't been given opportunities to play his preferred position of centre (maybe just one game last year). He is not particularly fast, but is a powerful runner & defender. Most of his games have been at fullback or wing, plus a disastrous game as five eighth.

Last edited:
Watching the warm up last night and I must say that Funa has a fricken sweet bomb on him.
He was kicking to Turbo who was under the posts and they were all on target, high AF and either spiral torpedo style or a few flat wobblers.

Impressive
Perhaps we should have tried him at 5/8 🤦‍♂️

Always thought Funa was a centre through n through but rarely got a shot!
yes maybe it was worth a shot.... Harper wasn't found out in defence until late in the year and I still think that has got something to do with him and DCE not being on the same page as opposed to all being Harper's fault. Hard to put someone in late in the year when they have had no footy all year. His game at 5/8 though left us all with shudders.

yes maybe it was worth a shot.... Harper wasn't found out in defence until late in the year and I still think that has got something to do with him and DCE not being on the same page as opposed to all being Harper's fault. Hard to put someone in late in the year when they have had no footy all year. His game at 5/8 though left us all with shudders.
I think it is because Harper is carrying leg injuries. Sideways defence has fallen off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4