Test match NZ V AUS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Absolutely agree.
Can't think of another national Jersey not advertising something.
That's great footy and great try.
Dugong is on fire !!!

2002_olympic_jerseys.png

Just finished watching. Happy to see a good win and no Manly injuries.

As I become more of a 'club man' (meaning s.o.o. is losing interest for me...after the final match a couple of years ago where the possession was 70-30 to qld I realised finally it's a qld game) ....

...I still like watching the tests. Close games are exciting, yes, but I still like when we get a comfortable margin.

When Jake ran on...even knowing this is his second test I still felt...proud to see him out there. In a league world of boofheads with dubious character, it's nice to see a good player who also has honour and integrity playing well at the highest level. His folks must be super duper proud!

The kiwi's first try was dodgey as.

It was sent up as a try...and no views to over-rule so it stands.

Now....it's kinda stupid that the bunker situation is:

Ref has his 'best guess' but then the bunker has to take his 'best guess' as gospel. Ref just gave the kiwi's one for the good of the game there for sure.

Interesting use of vocab by the bunker: They used to say "There is no evidence to over rule" but now it seems they just say "Based on the on field call...."

Subtle but interesting use of the psychology of word use.

****! I spent about 10 mins typing that. sheesh. I'm off to eat a pie!

Marty didn't seem like he was going ok. I'm a big fan of Taupau, and I remember when he sprinted into the aussies when they won a year or so ago but last night seemed....subdued (?)

If he's saving himself for Manly then that's fine as well. :)

Ref has his 'best guess' but then the bunker has to take his 'best guess' as gospel. Ref just gave the kiwi's one for the good of the game there for sure.

Interesting use of vocab by the bunker: They used to say "There is no evidence to over rule" but now it seems they just say "Based on the on field call...."

I hope it was a cherry pie.

Dugan fractured cheekbone I think they said. Opens the door for Tommy T.
I think it was you @Turbo1 who said we may have four in Origin?...and I said no chance....ummm, I ar, may be wrong about that....Surely Jake gets a spot, Tommy if Dugans gone.:confused:@:D

IMG_4515.JPG
For those who like the evidence of the TAB stuff up
Must have cost them thousands in the 20 minutes they offered the wrong odds

Just gave me some pocket money for next week st Suncorp
Not sure if any one else noticed but The TAB made a blue and posted Australia at 6.75 to win st 13 + and 2.45 just to win

The correction was made after some time but not until we found a lazy 20 to put on both

Go manly

I don't like the throat slitting version of the Haka.

Enjoy the Haka, I reckon she's beaut mate, but I dislike the throat slit version.

If I was playing for Aust and the camera focused in on me...they'd see me mouthing ..."Oh I am going to **** you up!" if they did that.

Of course I'd be saying it to one of the smaller kiwi's but still...I'd be pretty tough as the water boy.

Yup, certainly seems like they got things upside down there.

Disclosure time for Go Manly
After trying to cash in I received nil pay and thought the sneaky TAB SO & so

Made a mistake and won't pay up

Closer examination of the ticket will show that the Tab was not wrong and I am an idiot ......... and I won't make it easy for you to see why it doesn't pay, you will have to examine the ticket your self

Repeat after me
Go manly is an idiot

Disclosure time for Go Manly
After trying to cash in I received nil pay and thought the sneaky TAB SO & so

Made a mistake and won't pay up

Closer examination of the ticket will show that the Tab was not wrong and I am an idiot ......... and I won't make it easy for you to see why it doesn't pay, you will have to examine the ticket your self

Repeat after me
Go manly is an idiot
Go manly is an idiot

An interesting article today regarding the Kiwis in the NZ Herald.....and its got nothing to do with the alleged after match problems.

The NZRL attitude is to blame
8:10 AM Saturday May 6, 2017

Last night's embarrassing 30-12 loss to the Kangaroos should serve as notice for the clowns running New Zealand Rugby League to make a major attitude adjustment before the World Cup.

The Kiwis were totally out-played in every facet of the contest and the result was secured before halftime.

Coach David Kidwell and his team will come under examination after another lopsided score line in what will serve as the final Anzac Test (thank goodness) but it goes beyond the team on the park to find where the problems lie.

New Zealand has employed an arrogant attitude towards the way they run their operation for a while now and it is a long time since it resulted in strong performances.

They've never really done as much as they should in regards to pre-game media but this particular camp has seen the bar lowered to unprecedented levels. It was so bad that Australian coach Mal Meninga had to publicly criticize the NZRL attitude towards the game.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11851014

Do you get lonely posting at 5am from Canada @globaleagle?

My own player ratings for the test.

Australia:
Darius Boyd - Solid without being spectacular. Didn't do much wrong. 7
Blake Ferguson
- Night highlighted by his 90 metre intercept try and was a handful every time he ran the ball. 8
Will Chambers
- I questioned his selection, but he went ok. 7
Josh Dugan
- Played well until injured and scored a good try to get the Kangaroos rolling. 7
Valentine Holmes
- Dropped a ball early but was otherwise ok. 6.5
Johnathan Thurston
- Age and injury are starting to catch him, but with the ball in hand and his goal kicking he still hurt the Kiwis. 7.5
Cooper Cronk
- Controlled the game with his usual class. 8
Andrew Fifita
- Has had better games. 5.5
Cameron Smith
- Like Cronk, another damn good performance in green and gold. 8.5
David Klemmer
- Played well in his first starting role for Australia. 7
Boyd Cordner
- A constant danger on the edges and worked hard in defence. 7.5
Matt Gillett
- Best on ground performance and was in just about everything. 9
Trent Merrin
- Continued his mediocre form for Penrith with a so-so performance in the test. Poor defensive effort masked by good ones from team mates. 4.5
Michael Morgan
- Came on for the injured Dugan and didn't do a lot, but didn't do much wrong either. 5.5
Jake Trbojevic
- Hard running and tackling showed he belongs in representative football. Backed up for a good try. 7.5
Tyson Frizell
- Scored a try and ran very well all night. 7.5
Sam Thaiday
- Like Chambers I questioned his selection, but he proved me wrong with a good performance. 7.5

New Zealand:
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - His 2016 knee injury seems to have blunted his speed. Only really got involved when Australia already had the match won. 5.5
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
- Solid with not enough chances in attack. 5.5
Jordan Kahu
- Didn't see much ball but was good in defence. 5.5
Dean Whare
- Like Kahu saw too little of the ball in attack. 5.5
Jordan Rapana
- Tried hard in front of his 'home' crowd, but made some errors when the Kiwis were threatening in the second half. 5.5
Kieran Foran
- The Aussies didn't give him any peace and it showed. 5.5
Shaun Johnson
- Kicking game was ok but took some poor options in attack that hurt his side. Questionable defence. 5
Jesse Bromwich
- The captain tried his best but didn't have enough help. 7
Isaac Luke
- Completely outplayed by Smith and was replaced early in the second half. 4.5
Russell Packer
- Tough welcome back to test football after 6 years, but wasn't too bad. 6
Kevin Proctor
- Ok defensive effort but did not do nearly enough in attack. 5
Simon Mannering
- Scored a late try but by then it was all over. Poor in defence with 7 missed tackles. His time in test footy is coming to an end. 4.5
Jason Taumalolo
- As expected, was the Kiwis best forward. 7.5
Adam Blair
- Average work rate. His hair got more attention than he did. 5
Martin Taupau
- Wasn't happy with his fellow forwards. Good solid effort in limited time off the bench (should have started IMO). 6.5
Kenny Bromwich
- Didn't get much time and couldn't get into the game. 4.5
Kodi Nikorima
- Replaced Luke at dummy half after 54 minutes and tried hard. 5

This was the last Anzac Test (for now, they've done this before remember). It was also the only one not to draw a crowd of at least 21,000 (18,535).

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8