Terrible news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
why the hate for tom wright. now's the chance to give him a shot. might just step up....
No one hates him, we just watch his style and know that he's not in NRL mode yet @:cool:

Sauntering and double pump passes are too prominent in his game at the moment :confused:

But he may rise to the occassion sooner than we may expect . Only Baz would really know :happy:

The reserve forwards are the ones in focus now, and there are a few good ones to choose from.
Jack G is very fast and busy, Sipley is huge and busy, Paseka the man mountain, could be great if he just expressed a sense of urgency :)

"Cometh the hour; cometh the man"

Last edited:
A couple of days on and I still can hardly believe we've lost 2 of our top 17 for the season, gone, just like that.
In fact within a couple of days it's season over for 4 players (McLean & Moga too.)

Such a tough, tough, sport. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.

And for Manly, all we can do is see it as an opportunity opening up for some other players.

Still gutted though!

A couple of days on and I still can hardly believe we've lost 2 of our top 17 for the season, gone, just like that.
In fact within a couple of days it's season over for 4 players (McLean & Moga too.)

Such a tough, tough, sport. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.

And for Manly, all we can do is see it as an opportunity opening up for some other players.

Still gutted though!

You summed it up perfectly mate. I went out to the game and can’t really even think about the first half performance or win. Since the news broke about Kelepi and Sirro it’s hard not to think how deeply it will effect our season, especially given it’s only round 4.

Let’s just hope that after these two and Jorge we have some luck moving forward. I think as supporters we deserve it given what’s been going on recently!

You would have to think, considering that he has been in the top squad, Wright is a fair chance of playing

Seen that as well, seen some pretty disgusting comments tbh. Shows how clueless and simple some people can be

I don’t bother clicking onto the comments now, there’s some absolute wankers out there that say disgraceful things, so why bother you can’t win!

I don’t bother clicking onto the comments now, there’s some absolute wankers out there that say disgraceful things, so why bother you can’t win!

There's the golden rule about newspaper articles:

"Never, ever read the comments."

Most of it rings true for social media as well.

Actually, this forum is the only thing that should be read.

No one hates him, we just watch his style and know that he's not in NRL mode yet @:cool:

Sauntering and double pump passes are too prominent in his game at the moment :confused:

But he may rise to the occassion sooner than we may expect . Only Baz would really know :happy:

The reserve forwards are the ones in focus now, and there are a few good ones to choose from.
Jack G is very fast and busy, Sipley is huge and busy, Paseka the man mountain, could be great if he just expressed a sense of urgency :)

"Cometh the hour; cometh the man"
Got to disagree on this one. What's NRL standard?
Think most on here would agree that Kelly was a bit poor last year but Baz gave him a shot and hes all the better for it. Looks a different player this year.
It's about experience and your not going to get that 'nrl experence till they give him a run.
Look at the amount of other players that came from the manly lower grades that are now in first grade with other clubs. They were deemed not good enough at the time.

Got to disagree on this one. What's NRL standard?
Think most on here would agree that Kelly was a bit poor last year but Baz gave him a shot and hes all the better for it. Looks a different player this year.
It's about experience and your not going to get that 'nrl experence till they give him a run.
Look at the amount of other players that came from the manly lower grades that are now in first grade with other clubs. They were deemed not good enough at the time.
True about gaining NRL game time experience but not required from Wright yet.

The way he played on Saturday, compared to Joey Lussick was not inspiring.
At least he is filling out and has grown a good bit since last year :)

Manly need forwards ATM and big backs like Loko who can tackle @:cool:

Lucky for us Siro wasn't in form. Means winterstein doesn't need to do too much to help nullify his loss. Though his talk and inside cutting runs will be missed. Really, really annoyed with Tanginoa's loss, nearly our best forward so far this season. Lucky we have a few good options to come in, and expect for Lussick to return to form with his career once again in the balance.

Tommy Trbo is not too major a loss at this point in the season (as strange as it seems). He is an absolute weapon in attack, although we have enough attacking finess even without him. Good to have Walker back to nullify that as well. When Wright filled in at fullback last year he was perfect, just did his job and did it without flaw. He doesn't offer much although once again, our attack will survive

Really, really annoyed with Tanginoa's loss, nearly our best forward so far this season
Yes, we don't have anyone else who plays the way he plays. Huge loss.
Hopefully whoever replaces him will at least bring some different qualities to the side.

Not sure people have grasped how big a loss Siro and Kelepi will be. Siro has been providing great penetration and offloads on the edge and Kelepi's punishing hitups as first interchange will be greatly missed. This is going to impact severely on our forward meters.

Not sure people have grasped how big a loss Siro and Kelepi will be. Siro has been providing great penetration and offloads on the edge and Kelepi's punishing hitups as first interchange will be greatly missed. This is going to impact severely on our forward meters.

Thanks for pulling the mood down. Can't change what happened. Let's hope the others stand up and create opunities

We have up to five of our best players sidelined (I'm including Turbojet and Walker).
There is not one team in this comp who would not be severely weakened with this injury toll.
Illawarra has played just 18 players so far. Wait until they lose a few to see how strong they are.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4